Kalepaste

Novice Member
Reaction score
Equipment:

*Xbox Series X

*Samsung UN50MU6070 with eARC

*HAMDI 2.1 cables

*Sonos Arc (A100)

Hi all, I'm having trouble setting up dolby atmos for the Xbox. The Xbox is saying the device isn't capable of Dolby Atmos and the TV is saying the Sonos Arc isn't capable of Dolby Digital +. This is weird because I previously had the TV set up with a cheaper SoundCore soundbar that had Dolby Atmos working when the Xbox was plugged directly into the soundbar. I've even tried swapping out the sonos HDMI cord with an HDMI 2.1 cable that I was previously using.

Settings:

Xbox:

HDMI Audio: Dolby Digital

Passthrough Allowed

TV:

Sound Output: Reciever (HDMI)

HDMI Input Audio Format: Bitstream

Digital Output Audio: Dolby Digital

Any help is deeply appreciated!

To me it looks like you are forcing it to Dolby Digital.

If you want Atmos on xbox don't you have to select Atmos, also on the tv (digital audio output) try changing it to AUTO if thats available.

To me it looks like you are forcing it to Dolby Digital.

If you want Atmos on xbox don't you have to select Atmos, also on the tv (digital audio output) try changing it to AUTO if thats available.
Thanks! I figured out the issue, I only have one earc HDMI port and previously the xbox plugged directly into the soundbar, now I see that the xbox also needs an earc HDMI port in order to output dolby atmos. There doesn't seem to be an auto selection, the only setting I can really change on the TV is selecting bitstream or PCM. Right now I'm waiting for an earc adapter to come in the mail.

You plug the Sonos ARC into the eARC port and the XBox into a different HDMI port. Witht he TV configured correctly, the Dolby Atmos will be working. That's how it works with my ARC and XBox on my LG C1.

eARC and ARC are irrelevant to your Source device (Xbox), what you do require when using eARC or ARC between the TV and the Soundbar and your Source device is connected to an HDMI Input on the TV is that the TV supports Atmos on it’s HDMI Inputs.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

What makes a 10/10 4K Blu-ray disc?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom