Can get Dolby Atmos from Amazon Prime but not from 4K player.

Timboh

Novice Member
Reaction score
Equipment:
LG C2 TV
Panasonic DP-UB820EB Ultra HD Bluray player
Bose 600 soundbar

Connections:
Soundbar to TV ARC HDMI port using 2.1 HDMI cable
Bluray player to TV via 2.1 HDMI cable

TV Settings:
Sound Out – HDM(ARC) Device
DTV Audio Settings – Auto
HDMI Input Audio Format – HDMI 1 Bitstream

Problem:
I’ve been setting up my new Bose 600 soundbar, but although I can play Dolby Atmos from suitable Amazon Prime films the best I can get from my 4K player is Dolby 5.1. (I have tried several disks, all of which do have Dolby Atmos). I’ve updated the software on the soundbar and put it into recovery mode several times. From reading this website and others I’ve found the settings listed above, but can’t find anything where streaming works but a 4K disk doesn’t. Would be very grateful for any help.

Have you confirmed your TV supports Atmos on its HDMI Inputs?

If not you will have to introduce an HDFury Arcana to the system to allow you to bypass the TV audio limitations.

Joe

Hi, Joe. Thanks for such a clear and speedy answer. I'm no expert with this stuff - does this answer your question: 'The LG C2 OLED TV has four HDMI inputs. All four of those are HDMI 2.1 supporting 4K at 120Hz, with one supporting HDMI ARC/eARC (enhanced audio return channel).' If it means I still need the Arcana is there any way to change the connections so that only the 4k player gets Atmos as I mainly watch physical media and don't really care if Prime gets Atmos or not! Can I just run the 4k player to the EArc input? (ie, swap the HDMI cables round). Don't really want to Jane to spend £200 on the Arcana.

Thanks again,

Tim

HDMI version numbers - do not tell you the whole story, you need to know what Features and Video/Audio formats are supported by your devices as most are optional.

Soundbar - you only have the eARC Input so you are limited by the TV’s capabilities.

TV and BDP Settings - have a look and see what options are available when you have the BDP selected as your Source.

Joe

TV and BDP Settings - have a look and see what options are available when you have the BDP selected as your Source.
@Timboh - To add to the above. Make sure your UB820 is set to "Bitstream" in its audio format settings.

Equipment:
LG C2 TV
Panasonic DP-UB820EB Ultra HD Bluray player
Bose 600 soundbar

Connections:
Soundbar to TV ARC HDMI port using 2.1 HDMI cable
Bluray player to TV via 2.1 HDMI cable

TV Settings:
Sound Out – HDM(ARC) Device
DTV Audio Settings – Auto
HDMI Input Audio Format – HDMI 1 Bitstream

Problem:
I’ve been setting up my new Bose 600 soundbar, but although I can play Dolby Atmos from suitable Amazon Prime films the best I can get from my 4K player is Dolby 5.1. (I have tried several disks, all of which do have Dolby Atmos). I’ve updated the software on the soundbar and put it into recovery mode several times. From reading this website and others I’ve found the settings listed above, but can’t find anything where streaming works but a 4K disk doesn’t. Would be very grateful for any help.

C1 owner here but I think the menu layout is the same, in sound - advanced, near the bottom there is some additional options which need to be configured.

Digital Sound Output - Pass Through
Earc Support - On

Arcana isn't needed for this, the TV can passthrough TRUE HD over EARC, it cannot pass DTS but I do not think the BOSE supports DTS:X anyway so for these discs you would have to set the Blu-ray Player to decode and send as multichannel PCM

It's working! It was the EArc support that needed turning on. Thank you all so much for your help - I never thought it would get fixed so quickly!

The latest video from AVForums

What makes a 10/10 4K Blu-ray disc?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom