Answered Help please with choosing a Soundbar to connect to a Samsung UE43CU8500 (2023) LED HDR 4K Ultra HD Smart TV, 43 inch.

Davedhighland

Novice Member
Reaction score
Assistance please; bearing in mind I am not a techie by any means. I have just purchased the above TV and, as I expected, the sound quality is not as good as I would like. Therefore I am venturing into the soundbar world for the first time ! Basically I am not looking for cinema surround etc etc just something that generally improves the sound, but, in particular, clarifies the dialogue. I have done as much reading up on line as I can take ! It looks as I want to really concentrate on better dialogue, then I should be looking at a soundbar with 3.0 rather than 2.0 ch ?
Problem; the above TV is on a wooden unit as I will not be wall mounting it. Between the wall unit and the bottom of the TV there is about 6.3cm. Therefore the soundbar must not be higher/taller than about 6cm otherwise it will stop the remote being able to communicate with the TV sensor at the bottom right of the TV ? I am not particularly concerned if the soundbar has a wireless subwoofer or it is built in to the soundbar.

Any help with identifying a suitable soundbar will be greatly appreciated. My budget .... not more than around £250 .... give or take !

Very many thanks, Dave.

Samsung with the Q-Symphony feature, nothing less will do.

Upvote 0
Solution
Samsung with the Q-Symphony feature, nothing less will do.
Thanks for your advice. I had not thought of this feature and find that I could buy one on Amazon for about £260; and it is not too tall at 5.7cm; excellent. But, it is 103cm long and the unit on which the TV is positioned is only 90cm long. I just think it would not look good overhanging by just over 6cm each end. But very many thanks for your suggestion; very much appreciated. Dave.

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

What makes a 10/10 4K Blu-ray disc?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom