svs pb2000 repair

stegalv

Prominent Member
Reaction score
had the svs pb200 for a few years now,noticed it wasn't working,anyway it's the lfe female plug on the amp has broken apart,tried but can't get it to work,i have taken the amp out of the sub case and the connectors for the controls and cable connectors are on a separate board glued to the amp circuit board.i have managed to separate them,anyone know if i can buy board with the controls from anywhere.or the small unit with the just the speaker cable inputs,be a pig to get off though,
i have an older dayton 450w amp plate from a sub i built before this pb one,could i just replace the 500w pb one with the dayton one.i would have to cut the hole a little bit larger and the only difference i can see is the svs amp has 2 separate double cables from the amp connected together at the speaker terminals the dayton just has the 2 single cables.any help appreciated,

Buy faulty Cambrdige Audio minx 200,201,300,301 or even 500 (it's actually exaclty the same amp module) and you can swap that 4 x phono input part, because it's compatible with svs as well.

Thanks for that helpfull info dobrykamil

Just had a quick look for the minx,the plates dont look the same,theres no seperate lfe input that i can see,no 500w on ebay, I'll keep a look out,swapping the daton amp would be easiest if someone can advise if it's ok.

No no, you got me wrong. I said to swap 4 x rca inputs part (soldering required) not the entire board. Only minx500 has two sta516 power output chips, hence It can deliver up to 500W. I haven't seen minx500 board on ebay for ages, but lower model boards are still available there.

The latest video from AVForums

What makes a 10/10 4K Blu-ray disc?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom