Phillips Hue wall switch advjce

Jamesie M

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Long time since I’ve asked a question but I’m going to install a Phillips hue light strip behind my 10 year old girls sofa in her bedroom.
I’ll also change her single central light bulb to a colour changing hue that’s controlled at present by a single wall on off switch.

I’ve found the strip and bulb but want to swap out the existing wall light switch so she can turn the power on and rotate to dim the light and bed backlight (maybe even change the mood).

I’m lost at what to pick from Hue? I’d ideally like to swap out the existing wall switch rather than have to leave it powered on and have a second switch just for the hue. Anyone able to recommend which one I should choose on the Phillips hue website?

Many thanks James

The tap dial switch allows you to control upto 3 zones/devices and has dimmer as well, have a search around as you can pick them up cheaper sometimes.

The tap dial switch allows you to control upto 3 zones/devices and has dimmer as well, have a search around as you can pick them up cheaper sometimes.
Cheers, that’s what I was looking at but I want to replace the old on off switch entering the bedroom and thought there might be an ‘upgrade’ plate that I can swap over and have these functions.

They do a control module for existing light switches but it only does that device and doesn't support dimming.

Just bought a retrotouch switch that’s a friend of hue and as far as I can see you can teach the buttons to do routines etc

This is an old thread now, but you can get a stylish plastic housing that you simply place and adhere over the existing light switch - you leave that original switch ON underneath this housing of course; then the HUE Dimmer Switch sits on top of that switch, looking like you only have one switch on the wall; i.e. the HUE switch

All sorts of combos nowadays

Attachments

• IMG_3506.jpeg
    IMG_3506.jpeg
    195.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3507.jpeg
    IMG_3507.jpeg
    108.1 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_3508.jpeg
    IMG_3508.jpeg
    73.4 KB · Views: 34
I have those replacement light switch covers throughout my house and the Hue on/off dimmer switch sits nicely there. It’s held on magnetically so you can pull the dimmer switch out of the frame and use it where you are sitting as well.

The latest video from AVForums

What makes a 10/10 4K Blu-ray disc?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom