LG Oled or Samsung Neo Qled?

yep123

Novice Member
Reaction score
Dear forum members, my current TV, a Samsung Qled 4k QE50Q67T, unfortunately broke down. Therefore, I need a new 50-inch TV. I use the TV for watching movies and series in 4k (Netflix, Plex), regular TV viewing, and watching football. No gaming is done on the TV.

The following devices are connected to my TV: NVIDIA Shield, a set-top box (Ziggo), and a Denon 2400H Receiver. All apps, such as Netflix and Plex, are viewed through the NVIDIA Shield. I do not use the TV's sound; I have the Denon Receiver for that purpose.

My budget is 900 euros. I am torn between the LG Oled48A26LA and the Samsung Neo Qled 4K 50QN93B. I slightly prefer the LG, mainly because it is cheaper than the Samsung and supports Dolby Vision. However, I hesitate because I have a bright room, and I have read that an OLED TV may not be ideal for this. The Samsung is a bit more expensive, and another drawback is that it does not support Dolby Vision.

The sun rotates during the morning from the side where the TV is. The sun shines directly into the room where the sofa is located. I would prefer the LG OLED TV. Would that be advisable in my current situation?

Thank you in advance for the feedback.

Attachments

• kamer.jpg
    kamer.jpg
    340.3 KB · Views: 85
To be honest, I'm not sure you'd be happy with either TV. Can you up your budget to get a better OLED?

I have the 50 inch qn90c and it works great, since you already have a samsung qled, you will know how a Samsung works. The qn90c has a feature called smart calibration which you use with your smart phone. Made my picture fantastic.

I have the 50 inch qn90c and it works great, since you already have a samsung qled, you will know how a Samsung works. The qn90c has a feature called smart calibration which you use with your smart phone. Made my picture fantastic.
I have the 43" QN93C and would second that smart calibration recommendation. It's not perfect and is best with a recent Samsung phone, but it's very easy and I couldn't improve on the results (using Spears & Munsil UHD HDR disc) - although no doubt commercial calibration tools probably could.

E.T.A. I chose the Neo QLED over an OLED because the superior brightness makes it better for strong daylight viewing that tends to wash out the OLED picture.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

What makes a 10/10 4K Blu-ray disc?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom