Samsung S90C QD-OLED Owner's Thread

Just ordered the s60b soundbar, and have just realised it won't quite fit infront of the tv *** lol. Can it go on top of the stand without being in the way of the tv screen?

Just ordered the s60b soundbar, and have just realised it won't quite fit infront of the tv *** lol. Can it go on top of the stand without being in the way of the tv screen?

I have the 55 inch S92C, and my S61b (white version of yours), is sitting on top of the pedestal, but pulled as far away from the tv as possible, without falling off the stand, so it doesn’t impede the remote sensor.
It doesn’t obscure the screen at all, so you’ll be fine.

Having my new S89C delivered in a couple days. Here is my question:
Once I calibrate differently in Movie Mode and Gaming Mode, how can I have the set automatically switch between the two based on input.

I have inputs running through my Yamaha receiver which supports ARC. I have my Xfinity STB on HDMI 1 and Playstation on HDMI 2. So can I set Movie Mode to HDMI 1 and Game Mode to HDMI 2 so it will automatically switch?

Maybe the calibration in Movie Mode will be fine for gaming, not sure...

I currently have a 13yr old Panasonic ST30 plasma so looking forward to the upgrade.

I have the 55 inch S92C, and my S61b (white version of yours), is sitting on top of the pedestal, but pulled as far away from the tv as possible, without falling off the stand, so it doesn’t impede the remote sensor.
It doesn’t obscure the screen at all, so you’ll be fine.
Brilliant! Cheers mate

Having my new S89C delivered in a couple days. Here is my question:
Once I calibrate differently in Movie Mode and Gaming Mode, how can I have the set automatically switch between the two based on input.

I have inputs running through my Yamaha receiver which supports ARC. I have my Xfinity STB on HDMI 1 and Playstation on HDMI 2. So can I set Movie Mode to HDMI 1 and Game Mode to HDMI 2 so it will automatically switch?

Maybe the calibration in Movie Mode will be fine for gaming, not sure...

I currently have a 13yr old Panasonic ST30 plasma so looking forward to the upgrade.
The S89C isn't sold in Europe, only in the America's I believe, but I think the only differences is in the feet however the picture settings are the same as the S90C.
Personally I'd connect the sony directly to your TV, thus ensuring you get the full refresh and VRR then you can setup the picture settings for each input.

Last edited:
Hi everyone first time post on the s90c thread my 65in just arrived today
I no there is a panel lottery going on with them about gen 1 and gen 2 panels is there a way we can tell by serial number yet or still have to use service menu to find out ?

People are talking about number after the w in the serial number is the important bit mine is a X2 so guessing that February 2024

Last edited:
Hi guys. I know the S90C doesn't support DTS:X but am I correct in thinking that if my 4k bluray player is hooked up directly to my Q990C and then the Q990C is connected via EARC to the tv, DTS:X playback will be passed through? Thanks in advance for any help on this 🙏 👍

Hi guys. I know the S90C doesn't support DTS:X but am I correct in thinking that if my 4k bluray player is hooked up directly to my Q990C and then the Q990C is connected via EARC to the tv, DTS:X playback will be passed through? Thanks in advance for any help on this 🙏 👍
Yes this would be the correct configuration to achieve DTS X (as the TV will not pass through if your device is connected directly).

Hi everyone. I have just taken the leap and bought a 77 inch S90c - can't wait to see what it can do!

We are going to wall mount it and I have bought a Sanus LL11-B2 mount for it. My issue is - the builders have suggested putting a plug socket on the wall behind the panel to power it. While I like the neatness of the idea, will the back of the screen prevent me from mounding it flat against the wall?

From what I can see the thick part at the bottom is 1.6 inches deep and the screen itself about 1/8th inch. It feels like it wis going to be close. Would I be better asking them to forget that idea and instead chase the power cable down the wall? Has anyone else done the same thing with or without success?

Thanks all.

Could you use something like this and just take the plug of the power lead and wire in direct to this

Could you use something like this and just take the plug of the power lead and wire in direct to this
Possibly, but might invalidate the (6 year) warranty. Would be a neat solution though.

Took the plunge , and got what i think is a good deal
going through the Samsung shop app on my phone i got the S90c 65inc version
starting price £1599
trade in old tv £200 off ( this a 10 year old samsung )
5% for using the Samsung shop app on my phone for my 1st order
10% code ( APP10) on this week on some TV's
price was £1196.14 total
happy days :)

The power lead is not part of the TV so you can you any 3 pin plug keep the power lead it comes with

I could not get the trade in on mine would only let me on qled 65in options not the oled

I could not get the trade in on mine would only let me on qled 65in options not the oled
I think the trade in started sometime this week, iv been looking for a while , and only noticed it yesterday.

I used this method but used the non smart remote it came with

once done:
Press Mute, 1, 1, 9, then the OK button (center of directional pad). This will bring up the Hospitality Menu after a brief moment (don't play around here you could reset your settings) then press 1, 2, 3, 4 then wait for the Service Menu menu to pop up. You now can use your normal remote again. Go down to "advanced" using the direction pad/circle and press up on volume for 5 seconds and a new menu will appear. Select "EPA" then look at your ana_peak values, if they are in the 500s you have a gen 2 panel. Power off when you are done to leave the service menu.

Any of you guys got this TV hooked up to av receiver on arc ?

Does 1402 firmware fixed short compensation cycle bug?
Does 1402 firmware changed picture quality somehow?

Compensation cycle bug ?

My TV is also on 1310 firmware but no OTA update available? Is this like phones, do we have to wait for it to become available in our region?

The latest video from AVForums

What makes a 10/10 4K Blu-ray disc?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom