Anyone else with a Tesla ?

For Tesla owners only, would you upgrade to MCU2 for 2-2.5K ?

• Yes

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 15 60.0%

• Total voters
Had white and black before and said never again but if one pops up for silly money my opinion would change šŸ˜€
The only colour that was a no for me was blue.

White interior would have been a nice to have but not worried with cabin preconditioning.

Mine has the Sport wheels which look great IMO.

Had considered the M3P but given the 4.2 second 0-60mph and an option to buy acceleration boost for Ā£1500 I really didn't see the point of losing some ride comfort and those turbines scream 'kerb me'.

Big disappointment for me is the ADAS stuff, Adaptive Cruise is woeful compared to VWs version IMO. Oh and the wipers, they're terrible and may as well not have an Auto setting.

It is a rocket ship and has great range, personally only used the Supercharger network once as the 250 mile range covers my usual holiday trip just fine.

Last edited:
My Model Y P is comfortable in the seating position, no need for a chiropractor. Agree regarding suspension, wish they had put air suspension, like on X Model.
Yep. I did add the JK to the post - as I was ā€˜Just Kiddingā€™

The only colour that was a no for me was blue.

White interior would have been a nice to have but not worried with cabin preconditioning.

Mine has the Sport wheels which look great IMO.

Had considered the M3P but given the 4.2 second 0-60mph and an option to buy acceleration boost for Ā£1500 I really didn't see the point of loosing some ride comfort and those turbines scream 'kurb me'.

Big disappointment for me is the ADAS stuff, Adaptive Cruise is woeful compared to VWs version IMO. Oh and the wipers, they're terrible and may as well not have an Auto setting.

It is a rocket ship and has great range, personally only used the Supercharger network once as the 250 mile range covers my usual holiday trip just fine.

Weā€™re all different. The only colour we could agree on was Blue. Neighbour has grey, wifeā€™s colleague has White, she said no to Red, and having had Black before - never again!

So Blue it is. My wife wanted the black interior too, but I insisted we have White.

So we have the Black interior! :rolleyes::D

Lot of car for me money and couple of options.

As I said the only thing that concerns slightly is the mileage, depends how much you do every year.
Probably 8k tops mate if that Iā€™m not an ideal electric user really but time for a change
Agh well someoneā€™s reserved it next lol

Probably 8k tops mate if that Iā€™m not an ideal electric user really but time for a change
That will give you plenty of time on the original Tesla warranty for problems to surface so all good.

I'm similar and don't really do enough miles to justify an EV financially, that said a M3LR has the performance of a 340i xdrive which is roughly equally priced, although the BMW has a better ride and less road noise.

That will give you plenty of time on the original Tesla warranty for problems to surface so all good.

I'm similar and don't really do enough miles to justify an EV financially, that said a M3LR has the performance of a 340i xdrive which is roughly equally priced, although the BMW has a better ride and less road noise.
Itā€™s been reserved now anyway snooze ya lose see what else I can find

A few more gone up but all have excessive mileage 60 to 70k and more,thereā€™s a 22 plate LR with 62k for 24200 probably more miles than Iā€™m happy with

Weā€™re all different. The only colour we could agree on was Blue. Neighbour has grey, wifeā€™s colleague has White, she said no to Red, and having had Black before - never again!

So Blue it is. My wife wanted the black interior too, but I insisted we have White.

So we have the Black interior! :rolleyes::D

All I can say about the white interior is kids sometimes donā€™t get their toilet break timings right, but who can honestly tellā€¦..

53591581018_79c6395c7d_c_d.jpg

All I can say about the white interior is kids sometimes donā€™t get their toilet break timings right, but who can honestly tellā€¦..

53591581018_79c6395c7d_c_d.jpg
Plenty of my colleagues have white interiors, and while they do say that wet jeans can leave colour on the seats, they are easily cleaned to look like new.

I would say that weā€™d have white the next time we have a Tesla - but unless they sort out the MY suspension, and leave the stalks in place, I canā€™t see us having another. Forcing people to use touch screens while on the move is crazy - fine for features used when stationary, but having to take your eyes off the road to adjust pretty much anything isnā€™t the safest idea.

Forcing people to use touch screens while on the move is crazy - fine for features used when stationary, but having to take your eyes off the road to adjust pretty much anything isnā€™t the safest idea.
AFAIK the functions on the left stalk at least are on additional buttons on the steering wheel? Indicator buttons going upside down is definitely a challenge - however I reckon new owners are reporting they get used to it.

Presumably there are still options to program in things to a long press of a steering wheel button. I use that for wipers even now.

I would honestly say auto wipers are the biggest annoyance for me and make me wonder about choice if car. The feeling doesnā€™t last though - then again it doesnā€™t rain here nearly as much as over there :D :rotfl:

I donā€™t think I have seen many verified reports of the white seats staining with anything faintly ā€œnormalā€ in cars. I had protection added as well in any case and the bloke has been doing it for 35 years and said he hadnā€™t seen anything ā€œnormalā€ stain a white Tesla seat after his version of protection was applied.

Sure he wonā€™t have done many in 35 years as they havenā€™t been around that long, and he would say that I suppose - but he did say the fact this is not leather actually helps.

Got a cracked windscreen yesterday - with many Canberrans buying Teslas and one service station here, it would be quicker tk ship the car to the UK for a new windscreen to be fitted I reckonā€¦. 29 April.

At least that is this year I suppose :laugh:

IMG_2733.jpeg

The crack heading across is getting bigger as or if I drive - an option to drive to Sydney for an appointment next week is attractive except the 200 mile highway journey to get there. Iā€™m not entirely confident the screen wonā€™t cave-in and as Iā€™m looking straight at where it might do that, I value my face slight more than that.

Still my wife said I can use her car for the 6 weeks - including the weekly 250 mile round trip to our home where we WFH (me Thursday and Friday, my wife as much as she can with no office for her jobs anyway) and spend every weekendā€¦ā€¦.. itā€™s an MG3 so I might have to take a packed lunch on that trip - it doesnā€™t have quite the same overtaking punch as the YLR :D

Got a cracked windscreen yesterday - with many Canberrans buying Teslas and one service station here, it would be quicker tk ship the car to the UK for a new windscreen to be fitted I reckonā€¦. 29 April.

At least that is this year I suppose :laugh:

View attachment 2021150

The crack heading across is getting bigger as or if I drive - an option to drive to Sydney for an appointment next week is attractive except the 200 mile highway journey to get there. Iā€™m not entirely confident the screen wonā€™t cave-in and as Iā€™m looking straight at where it might do that, I value my face slight more than that.

Still my wife said I can use her car for the 6 weeks - including the weekly 250 mile round trip to our home where we WFH (me Thursday and Friday, my wife as much as she can with no office for her jobs anyway) and spend every weekendā€¦ā€¦.. itā€™s an MG3 so I might have to take a packed lunch on that trip - it doesnā€™t have quite the same overtaking punch as the YLR :D
We've had that over here recently but with the standard fit tyres, I just don't get how a tyre manufacturer runs out of tyres šŸ¤Ŗ

We've had that over here recently but with the standard fit tyres, I just don't get how a tyre manufacturer runs out of tyres šŸ¤Ŗ
Actually four OEM tyres fitted by Tesla here are a touch more than the windscreen nearly $2,500 (about Ā£1.200) whereas the windscreen is $2,100ā€¦. The tyres are about the same as the roof here.

Actually four OEM tyres fitted by Tesla here are a touch more than the windscreen nearly $2,500 (about Ā£1.200) whereas the windscreen is $2,100ā€¦. The tyres are about the same as the roof here.
On balance we're not far off that number here, it's shocking! If they're not damaged you will get 40K miles, 65K kms of 'normal' driving in a M3, dunno about the heavier MY.

If they're not damaged you will get 40K miles, 65K kms of 'normal' driving in a M3, dunno about the heavier MY.
TBH 40k kms (not miles) is good for cars Iā€™ve owned over the years. The fronts on my Captiva lasted 17k kms and apparently that was fantastic. Skoda Superbs at 40k kms were bordering on illegal.

If they last 40k kms on the YLR Iā€™ll be over the moon :laugh:

TBH 40k kms (not miles) is good for cars Iā€™ve owned over the years. The fronts on my Captiva lasted 17k kms and apparently that was fantastic. Skoda Superbs at 40k kms were bordering on illegal.

If they last 40k kms on the YLR Iā€™ll be over the moon :laugh:
I'm massively skeptical as I drive a little spirited from time to time and I can't see mine lasting that long.

I shall see, mine is on 18K miles now, should see what the tread depth is looking like now.

Been out with the new Adaptive Lights and they're definitely better than the standard Auto High beams, which I thought worked reasonably well.

Does seem to have some odd dark areas in the middle of my lane and still don't understand why they don't turn off when you are lower than 30mph so you don't dazzle people at junctions and in towns when high beams aren't necessary, and is a should to dip them in the highway code AFAIK.

I will see how it goes, they may improve over time, or if they're anything like the wipers get worse šŸ˜

still don't understand why they don't turn off when you are lower than 30mph so you don't dazzle people at junctions and in towns when high beams aren't necessary,
If you mean why donā€™t they do that in orginal auto dip mode - I have been wondering that myself. My Outlander used a camera to ā€œseeā€ lights and if there were street lights they dipped.

If you mean why donā€™t they do that in orginal auto dip mode - I have been wondering that myself. My Outlander used a camera to ā€œseeā€ lights and if there were street lights they dipped.
Yes, even with the normal auto high beams they stayed on in towns and villages when they weren't needed.

Also if they're dipped at junctions it would prevent you from blinding cars going past.

There is no reason to have high beams on at under 30mph really, and the highway code says you shouldn't.

The latest video from AVForums

What makes a 10/10 4K Blu-ray disc?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom