40" or 43" TV with Freesat

I'm sure your parents will be perfectly happy with the LG. I have a 5-year old LG set for which I paid a similar amount and I'm more than happy with it - and I'm quite fussy about how the picture looks. Sure, the picture is a little better on my friend's OLED, deeper blacks etc, which cost 3-4 times as much but is it 3-4 times better? certainly not. THe Freesat works fine although the TV guide is a little frustrating - I hope they've improved that in the last 5 years.

People get too worked up about having the best this or the best that - not everyone needs all that. sure you pay more and get more but actually unless you're comparing two side by side, day to day you're not gonna notice much difference

I'm sure your parents will be perfectly happy with the LG. I have a 5-year old LG set for which I paid a similar amount and I'm more than happy with it - and I'm quite fussy about how the picture looks. Sure, the picture is a little better on my friend's OLED, deeper blacks etc, which cost 3-4 times as much but is it 3-4 times better? certainly not. THe Freesat works fine although the TV guide is a little frustrating - I hope they've improved that in the last 5 years.

People get too worked up about having the best this or the best that - not everyone needs all that. sure you pay more and get more but actually unless you're comparing two side by side, day to day you're not gonna notice much difference
I’ve found the Freesat EPG on webOS to be better than the EPG on Sony :)

What makes the LG EPG better then the Sony EPG? I've not see a recent Sony EPG.
It seems more intuitive, the Sony one had to be clicked twice to get to the show and felt clunkier.

There is a further reason, certainly for me to choose TV with a sat tuner and that is in addition to the fact I have only a sat dish (4LNB)I can choose any broadcasting region in the UK. On BBC can tune in to a Scottish, Welsh or English region channels and often do when my default region does not have programme to suit.

Arrived today, seems pretty good. The only small problem we are having is, that when we turn it on it goes to the Smart app portal, rather than the Freesat tuner. Does anyone have any idea on how to change this?

Arrived today, seems pretty good. The only small problem we are having is, that when we turn it on it goes to the Smart app portal, rather than the Freesat tuner. Does anyone have any idea on how to change this?
There is a setting for not starting with the apps showing. On my LG C1 to get to the settings...

Settings > General > System > Additional Settings > Home Settings > Home Auto Launch

The latest video from AVForums

What makes a 10/10 4K Blu-ray disc?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom