Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 (PS5) Review & Comments

First Spider-Man I thought was excellent.
Miles Morales was……..OK. More of the same really.
Spider-Man 2 is on my wish list - just waiting for price to drop! Lol

If you want to make it a little more fresh, consider turning off all the web-slinging assistances. Gives a bit more of a learning curve.

Yes I would wait for the price to drop.

It's way over praised, it's a fun game like the other two, it adds very minor improvements, but you are essentially playing the same game, and the story isn't all that.

For the length of time they have had to make this game and the improvements been so minor, the first one is better.

Yes I would wait for the price to drop.

It's way over praised, it's a fun game like the other two, it adds very minor improvements, but you are essentially playing the same game, and the story isn't all that.

For the length of time they have had to make this game and the improvements been so minor, the first one is better.
The 4-pack with Spider-Man, Miles, 2, and Venom: Lethal Protector for PS5 will be the beginning of Marvel's global takeover.

... just completed it last night (no spoilers) - have to say, it's a very solid 8/10...

... I think people are being overly harsh with Spidey 2 - is it more of the same? absolutely - the same as the amazing first one? Yes! have they added enough wrinkles to keep your interest, definitely! (the switching between Miles / Spidey is genius, and allows and much more varied story and mission structure)

... it goes without saying that the presentation / controls / sound is top-notch...

... the story is great (depending on your love of the villains) - and there are some really great storyline moments in, and insights and how everyone is rounded out so they don't just feel like afterthoughts - great stuff!

... I'm really not sure what more the developers could have done.. there just seems to be tendency these days to be negative and be down on something for the sake of it... it's the perfect action / AAA title.. truckloads of optional missions, a perfectly sized map, loads of variety... top-notch voice acting, etc. - loads of easter eggs (the spiderverse costumes and animations are just brilliant!).. I dunno.. some people are never satisfied!

... just completed it last night (no spoilers) - have to say, it's a very solid 8/10...

... I think people are being overly harsh with Spidey 2 - is it more of the same? absolutely - the same as the amazing first one? Yes! have they added enough wrinkles to keep your interest, definitely! (the switching between Miles / Spidey is genius, and allows and much more varied story and mission structure)

... it goes without saying that the presentation / controls / sound is top-notch...

... the story is great (depending on your love of the villains) - and there are some really great storyline moments in, and insights and how everyone is rounded out so they don't just feel like afterthoughts - great stuff!

... I'm really not sure what more the developers could have done.. there just seems to be tendency these days to be negative and be down on something for the sake of it... it's the perfect action / AAA title.. truckloads of optional missions, a perfectly sized map, loads of variety... top-notch voice acting, etc. - loads of easter eggs (the spiderverse costumes and animations are just brilliant!).. I dunno.. some people are never satisfied!
I love your review! Thanks for responding, after a few weeks to reflect on it I think we're both on the same page. I'm unsure as to what Insomniac could've done to make the sequel any more refined than it already is.

Of course, it seems like the game will be receiving DLC in the future, so it will be nice to revisit it in the future wih NG+.

I love your review! Thanks for responding, after a few weeks to reflect on it I think we're both on the same page. I'm unsure as to what Insomniac could've done to make the sequel any more refined than it already is.

Of course, it seems like the game will be receiving DLC in the future, so it will be nice to revisit it in the future wih NG+.

... thanks, yeah.. like you said, it's perfectly refined, people know what they're getting, there literally aren't any more mechanics you can throw at it before it becomes a bit bloaty.. I've probably talked myself into giving it a 9/10! :rotfl:

... and yes, I have enough side missions left to practice on when the DLC hits, to refresh myself on the controls.. a great experience all round...

From a gameplay POV, traversal is the best its ever been. Can't quite decide if I preferred the gadget wheel from the first game.

The main thing I missed from the gadget wheel was the Trip Mine, loved setting those up to catch bad guys when being stealthy or webbing a couple of them together in combat.
Overall though I prefer the non-stop flow of combat Spider-Man 2 allows.

The latest video from AVForums

What makes a 10/10 4K Blu-ray disc?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom