getting bad ghosting

geordie12

Standard Member
Reaction score
I've got a home built media center and since this weekend I've just bought a new LCD TV and for some reason I am getting loads of ghosting. It used to be there on my old CRT but I guess the picture wasn't as good so I didn't notice it. it's really bad now, anyone know if there is something I can do to improve it? everything is recorded on Best possible....

Stew

How is the TV connected? What graphics card do you have & what version of the graphic drivers? What DVD Decoder do you have? What TV card?

buy a new VGA cable.

Graphics card Nvidia 6800 GT, connected to the TV through the s-VHS connection. Driver version 81.98.

TV card is a Haughpauge 150 MCE using a Nvidia PureVideo decoder.

geordie12 said:
Graphics card Nvidia 6800 GT, connected to the TV through the s-VHS connection. Driver version 81.98.

TV card is a Haughpauge 150 MCE using a Nvidia PureVideo decoder.
s-video? Yuck!! Isn't there a VGA or better still a DVI connection that you can use?

Absolutely ! Being an LCD TV the resolution will be a lot higher than an S-Video cable can take. Therefore the LCD TV will be scaling the picture which isn't the greatest.

If you use VGA or DVI (DVI-D is best) then set the PC to the native resolution of the TV and the PC will do the scaling which is a lot better.

I connected a video camera to my LCD TV and the piture was appalling !

Richie.

Couple of problems with that, I use my PC for a lot more than Media center, it's mostly a games machine with a seperate XP installation running on another HD, so the DVI connection is used for my LCD monitor. My card has a both DVI and SVH-S so i use the SVH-S for my TV connection. The other problem is that my TV has SCART, SVH-S, Component and a couple of HDMI connections, so the TV doesn't have a VGA or DVI inputs (unless there is a converter?).

The picture isn't actually that bad, on slow moving shots you can't tell the difference between a direct connection from the cable box and the media center. I've found a setting on the TV that's stopped a lot of the ghosting so it's a lot better than it was.

Stew

The latest video from AVForums

What makes a 10/10 4K Blu-ray disc?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom