Topping D10 help.

Neechb

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi guys.
Just acquired a Topping D10 DAC.
All plugged up to my acer laptop and set sound settings to the 32bit 384kHz.
I can play music to it from the PC into my stereo amp and it sounds ok but the display only shows 384 PCM.
I thought it should show 44.1 if playing a CD or maybe 96 if playing a hi res file.
Am I doing something wrong here?

Only if your music player is taking exclusive control of that audio output.

By default a program will pass it's output to windows to allow the outputs from other programs to be combined before it's output (notification pings etc.). This Windows mixer will be working with different sample rates and so on so the final output won't necessarily be the same as any one program. I don't know the details, but I'd imagine it'll just be the maximum the output supports which is why you're seeing 384.

Only if your music player is taking exclusive control of that audio output.

By default a program will pass it's output to windows to allow the outputs from other programs to be combined before it's output (notification pings etc.). This Windows mixer will be working with different sample rates and so on so the final output won't necessarily be the same as any one program. I don't know the details, but I'd imagine it'll just be the maximum the output supports which is why you're seeing 384.
Cheers for that I get it now and all sorted.

The latest video from AVForums

What makes a 10/10 4K Blu-ray disc?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom