MMA Discussion thread part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Demarques isn't even top 30, I can't believe the UFC would match him up with Bisping unless they really felt the need to feed Bisping a total lemon.
Your right, just had a look at his record and I haven't seen many worse, don't know why he even made it in TUF.

The winner of Mike Swick and Martin Kampmann is set to be the next to face GSP. Frankly, yawn, but who knows.

i like mike swick but i dont think he has any tools for gsp, i mean yeah he can flurry but i think gsp wouldavoid and take him straight to the ground where he would win easily in my opinion

The winner of Mike Swick and Martin Kampmann is set to be the next to face GSP. Frankly, yawn, but who knows.

I think the Swick vs Kampmann fight could be excellent, Ill take Kampmann to win it but dont know how he will do against GSP though, but the fight has potential to be quite entertaining IMO.

I got to say this guy Jon "Bones" Jones looks like a serious prospect for the future and exciting to watch as well.

Last edited:
Brock admits he's a bit dim...

Brock issues apology to White | The Sun |Sport|UFC

Not that we didn't already suspect that!

I tried to read that Fedor link but my work computer is filtering it under SEX! :eek:

It's also reported that Bisping will return on the November UK card. (Which it looks increasingly unlikely that I'll be able to attend...)

It's also reported that Bisping will return on the November UK card. (Which it looks increasingly unlikely that I'll be able to attend...)

has he said anything of his knock out as yet??

anyone watch any of the UK MMA stuff on Sky SPorts last night, very strange rules and one match they were wearing boxing gloves..

has he said anything of his knock out as yet??
Yeah, he said "What knockout"???

Only joking....
I have seen people like my training partner ‘Rampage' Jackson lose fights in one or two rounds and still go on to become one of the best light-heavyweight fighters of them all, so I am not disheartened in any way. I do know that I have the ability to bounce right back and succeed in my aim of lifting the world title.
Hendo didn't knock any sense into him then. :rolleyes:

anyone watch any of the UK MMA stuff on Sky SPorts last night, very strange rules and one match they were wearing boxing gloves..
Was it definitely MMA then? UK organisations have always fought under very similar rules, the only difference I've seen was that they didn't allow elbows on the ground in Cage Rage. Was this not some form of kickboxing or something? Even on some Cage Rage events they had sometimes a mix of MMA and kickboxing. If they were wearing boxing gloves I highly doubt it was an MMA match.

I hope sky aren't making an ass of themselves turning down the UFC and showing some rot instead.

Last edited:
Just a handful of pics, the rest will be on facebook so I'll post a link.

And for the benefit of the new folk in the thread who might not know everybody...
A - Obviously, a title belt and gloves...
B - Marcus Davis (who was very impressed I was wearing the "Team Irish" shirt I bought on his site)
C - Dustin Hazelett
D - Jens Pulver
E - Me and my buddy squaring off in the Octagon
F - Diego Sanchez
G - Bobby Lashley
H - Forrest Griffin
I - Philippe Nover
J - Mike Swick
K - Junie Browning
L - Kimbo Slice (just coz I took a picture doesn't mean he ain't useless...)
M - Eddie Bravo, prominant BJJ teacher, you'll always hear Rogan talk about him
N - Jamie Varner, WEC LW champ
O - Mauricio "Shogun" Rua
P - Keith Jardine
Q - Clay Guida
R - Nate Marquardt
S - Caol Uno
T - Nate Diaz
U - Frank Trigg

Attachments

• a.JPG
    a.JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 69
  • b.JPG
    b.JPG
    158.9 KB · Views: 71
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 70
  • d.JPG
    d.JPG
    137.6 KB · Views: 74
  • e.JPG
    e.JPG
    178.6 KB · Views: 74
  • f.JPG
    f.JPG
    143.4 KB · Views: 72
  • g.JPG
    g.JPG
    129 KB · Views: 74
  • h.JPG
    h.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 72
  • i.JPG
    i.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 69
  • j.JPG
    j.JPG
    141.6 KB · Views: 74
  • k.JPG
    k.JPG
    151.1 KB · Views: 70
  • l.JPG
    l.JPG
    166.9 KB · Views: 72
  • m.JPG
    m.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 71
  • n.JPG
    n.JPG
    151.9 KB · Views: 66
  • o.JPG
    o.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 72
  • p.JPG
    p.JPG
    119.8 KB · Views: 69
  • q.JPG
    q.JPG
    136.7 KB · Views: 66
  • r.JPG
    r.JPG
    119.8 KB · Views: 65
  • s.JPG
    s.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 70
  • t.JPG
    t.JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 67
  • u.JPG
    u.JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
good to see youve finally got that fist up matey.. :smashin:

it would certainly explain the look on Jens Pulvers face...:D

Pulver is a nutter. Every person who stood for a picture with him, he pulled a different face or pose. My picture was a pretty calm one.

sounds like its time to cancel sky sports and take on ESPN for me then..

I don't have Sky Sports but I'll be swapping my Setanta for ESPN I'd say. Setanta Ireland is still in business and they did show UFC 100 but even if they keep the Irish rights, if I can get ESPN I'll take it. Same price, but with football and HD.

yeah i got sky sports for the HD football, but if ESPN turn up with their HD football AND UFC, its a no brainer for me...:thumbsup:

Just a handful of pics, the rest will be on facebook so I'll post a link.

And for the benefit of the new folk in the thread who might not know everybody...
A - Obviously, a title belt and gloves...
B - Marcus Davis (who was very impressed I was wearing the "Team Irish" shirt I bought on his site)
C - Dustin Hazelett
D - Jens Pulver
E - Me and my buddy squaring off in the Octagon
F - Diego Sanchez
G - Bobby Lashley
H - Forrest Griffin
I - Philippe Nover
J - Mike Swick
K - Junie Browning
L - Kimbo Slice (just coz I took a picture doesn't mean he ain't useless...)
M - Eddie Bravo, prominant BJJ teacher, you'll always hear Rogan talk about him
N - Jamie Varner, WEC LW champ
O - Mauricio "Shogun" Rua
P - Keith Jardine
Q - Clay Guida
R - Nate Marquardt
S - Caol Uno
T - Nate Diaz
U - Frank Trigg

Great pics as always Dr Phil
Will send me your facebook link, i'll add you as a friend:smashin:

Amazing pics DrPhil, Must have been great to have been there. Was the crowd pop as big as it seemed on tv when Bisping got KO'ed :D

Top video that. Anyone think Barnett has a chance on Aug 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

What makes a 10/10 4K Blu-ray disc?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom