Sony were great when it came to creating Electronics. But now that we are in the Software age, Sony have become an utter embarrassment. Here are a list of the problems I am having with this garbage from Sony:
1) TV regularly turns itself off and reboots.
2) Remote often stops working, and TV needs to be plugged out and back in again to fix it.
3) Can take 10 - 15 seconds to switch from any input to a TV station.
4) Extremely slow and sluggish to do anything.
5) Picture is superb after calibration for standard blurays - but a DISASTER for 4K / HDR.
6) HDR Mode prevents you from almost ALL useful calibration settings.
7) HDR Mode for Xbox One S REMOVES the User from the Game Mode, thereby INCREASING input lag...
8) Need an LG Bluetooth Adaptor to connect DUMB Sony TVs to DUMB Sony Bluetooth Headphones(despite the TV being 1500 euro, and the headphones being 400 euro - and both of them Bluetooth).
9) Rang Sony about serious issues with TV and dealt with pure ignorance on the phone. Very rude and smart ass people who are probably sick and tired of all the complaints flooding in...
The end result is this: I LOVED Sony for a long time, but I feel that they have betrayed their roots, now releasing pure sh*t in order to keep their prices competitive. For TVs, you should really be considering Samsung / Panasonic...
Sony KD-55X8509C User Review
Don't EVER buy SonyReview of Sony KD-55X8509C LED LCD TV by Scoundrel Days, Dec 2, 2016.
Contrast/Dynamic Range/Black Level1
2D Picture Quality5
3D Picture Quality1
Picture Quality Out-Of-The-Box2
Picture Quality Calibrated5
Ease Of Use1
Value for Money1