ZUMO 550 and Bluetooth Nightmare!

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by streetbob, Feb 1, 2009.

1. streetbob

streetbob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ride a Harley and have bought a Zumo 550 last year. All sorted as to mounting with an excellent Ram Mount. Power sorted via an excellent PowerLet kit from the States. Can install in seconds. But here's the irritating problem. I don't want to use the phone connection, that's why I ride a bike to get away from the phone. All I want to do is to be able to receive the navigation directions and the MP3 music in good quality from the unit. And no I don't want to have some space age hemet with a microphone, all I want to do is use my decent in-ear phones presumably plugged into some sort of bluetooth receiver dongle. Seems simple, bought a Sony Erickson one designed to receive music from a phone and which you can plug in ear phones! Works perfectly with my Blackberry, my old Nokia, even my computer, the Zumo recognises it but then drops the connection moments later. Even my little Nokia bluetooth handset can connect although the quality of the MP3 music is very poor. Last year going across Spain and France I just plugged in a lead the old fashioned way, but it would be much neater to be 'cordless'. Help!!!