1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zp48 Problems

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by GalacticaActual, Oct 4, 2004.

1. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +279
    Ok,
    Friend of mine asked me to install his new thoshiba 32zp48 today. It was delivered from tv and video direct on friday but as he wanted me to do it ,it was not touched untill today. Every thing was rigged up to it, dvd, video ect, we pressed the power button and the red stand by light came on. I then pressed the button on the remote controll to turn it on and....................Nothing!. The tv made a sound like it was about to come on then almost straight afterwards a sound like it was being turned off and went back to stand by mode. After a few attempts to get the thing working , still no luck. Tv and video direct were called and are going to deliver a replacment on friday and take this one away.
    Now this is a brand new tv, any one with any idears what might be the cause? I know that it is being replaced but just for my own satifaction of curiosity I would like to know why this is happening.
    Cheers.
    David.

2. Radioactive__Man

Radioactive__Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    reminds me of when I got my RPTV 3 years ago same symptoms but set was fine, just needed to hold "on" button on for more than a second to get it to switch on :)

3. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +279
    No, tried that, still dont work. You can actually hear it swithch it self on and off :confused:

4. red16v

red16v

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I wonder if 'panel lock' is on ? in that case you can only bring the tv on (from complete power off) by using the remote control. Also, I assume you have made sure the remote control is switched to the tv setting and not dvd vcr etc? regards, yt.

5. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +279

Yep tried all that as well.
    Like I said it is trieying to come on but then almost straight away goes back into stand by. I even hear the degaussing coil make its noise but then nothing :confused:

6. red16v

red16v

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Toshiba say that if the tv has an internal 'serious' fault then the tv will go to standby and the green timer light on the front of the tv will come on (might blink at you) if it isn't on then it sounds like a fundamental fault with the tv. They suggest you switch it off and unpowered for 30 mins then try again. If still faulty contact your retailer. As you didn't mention the timer led I assume it hasn't come on, but, did you try leaving it unpowered from the mains socket for 30 mins? doesn't sound hopeful . regards, yt.

7. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +279
    Yep. was left unplugged all night then tried again this morning for him. still no luck. Oh well. getting a replacment friday hopefully will be ok :rolleyes:

8. Pikman

Pikman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A friend of mine had exactly the same problem when he took delivery of a Toshiba 32ZP18 (Picture Frame 1). The damn thing would switch itself off within an instant of being switched on.