• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Zotac Mag Ion Nettop - new best HTPC option?

gusf1

Hi

Couldn't see any other threads about this; might be ideal for some if the price is right (quoted at €249) - perfect for kitchen/bedroom/other room using VESA mounts?

Comes with eSata, memory card reader, WiFi, front USB!

PDF Brochure

(note the above PDF says it's "Extremely Silent" presumably quieter than the "Silent" ASRock I have? :rotfl:)

Review here:

techPowerUp :: Zotac MAG ION Nettop Review :: Page 1 / 6

I'm too impatient and would have bought the ASRock anyway but I may take a punt on this one when it arrives..

Model
Model MAGHD-ND01-B/C/E/U/J
Chipset
Manufacturer NVIDIA®
GPU ION™
CPU Compatibility
Name Intel® Atom™ 330 (dual-core) (1.6 GHz)
Intel® HyperThreading™ technology
Socket NA (integrated CPU)
Front-side bus 533 MHz
Memory
Memory 2GB DDR2-800
Storage
Hard Drive 160GB 5400RPM
Expansion eSATA 3.0Gbps
Memory Card Reader 6-in-1 (MMC/SD/SDHC/MS/MS Pro/xD)
Networking
Ethernet 10/100/1000Mbps
WiFi 802.11n/g/b
3D API
DirectX DirectX 10
OpenGL OpenGL 3.1
Ports
HDMI 1 (HDCP w/8-channel digital audio)
VGA 1
e. SATA
1 (SATA 3.0 Gbps)
USB 2.0
6 (4 back panel, 1 front panel, 1 top panel)
Ethernet 10/100/1000Mbps (RJ45)
Audio Headphone jack, Microphone jack
Operating system
User installed (Windows XP, Vista, 7 and Linux ready)
Packaging
Packaging Content
1 x ZOTAC MAG HD-ND01
1 x Stand
1 x VESA mount
4 x Mounting screws
1 x AC adapter
1 x Power cord
1 x Warranty card
1 x User manual
1 x Driver CD

bingo83

Standard Member
There seems to be a lot of competition in this Nettop marketspace now. I went for the Asrock Ion 330 due to it having Bluray. I like the fact you can attach this and the Acer to the back of a HDTV.

api

Standard Member
Hi,
If you are looking for a nettop to mount to the back of a LCD moniter. I had found this seller on ebay who specialize in this casing. If some user find this is spam let me know and I will delete this post. Thx.

4097858864_5d258f0a67.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

RitchieTheBrit

Well, it IS spamming if you joined the forum just to link to that. Are you the seller? Nice looking case, but this site is heavily UK based. Are you planning on hanging around?

It's a nice looking case though, and hand made! Not sure I would use one, I like aluminium too much, but a jet black opaque option would be nice. The only fault with acrylic is one over-tightened screw and you get ugly cracks. Not a design flaw, but a user fault I guess, lol!

jameson_uk

If some user find this is spam let me know and I will delete this post.
Giving benefit of the doubt for now but both your posts since registering have been about one company on eBay. Removed links on both posts but will leave posts in place.

api

Standard Member
Hey, no problem I am new to this forum but I will be making contribution.

Well, actually the casing is made by a buddy of mine, and he has been asking me to help him promote it that is why I had been spamming the forum like you guys said. But if you dont like it , I will delete my post and move on. Nothing to get upset about mate. Besides, I just wanted to let you guys know what is out in the market and you use this casing in your next build.

Curly99

Distinguished Member
Hey, no problem I am new to this forum but I will be making contribution.

Well, actually the casing is made by a buddy of mine, and he has been asking me to help him promote it that is why I had been spamming the forum like you guys said. But if you dont like it , I will delete my post and move on. Nothing to get upset about mate. Besides, I just wanted to let you guys know what is out in the market and you use this casing in your next build.
While posting about a your build is ok..even links to pictures, what isn't ok is when they turn in to self promotion, advertising or as you admit to spamming the links for a mate, being new to the forum does not excuse you from the forum rules, can I suggest you read the forum rules before posting again.

Curly

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom