Zotac GT 430 aftermarket cooling

scet27

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have a Zotac GT 430 1gb graphics card in my htpc, when surfing the net or using Media Centre it runs around 35-50 degrees, but when gaming it can shoot up to 70-80 degrees.

Using MSI Afterburner I can turn up the fan speed to full but only see a 3-5 degree drop in temps. I have searched as much as I can for an aftermarket cooling solution for this card but have come up empty.

Does anybody know of a cooler that would fit the GT 430?

Thanks.

I'm not sure it would make much difference. I presume you are using a small htpc case with restricted airflow and reckon that's your problem more than anything.

Clav,

It's in a mid tower, nothing in the case reaches 40 degrees except the GT 430.

The fan is stock set to run at 52% ( which is actually the fastest speed before being too loud) but no matter if the fan runs at 52% or 100% it makes little difference to the temperature.

Looking at the card it seems the fan isn't there to blow on the chips per se, but to disperse the heat from around the big thick heatsink they put on it. I reckon I could disconnect the fan altogether and not notice much heat increase.

I'm just not happy and hoped someone knew of an alternative cooling solution.

Cheers.

if you can get another fan in your case it would help alot. as mentioned its the lack of air going round in your case

I still think it is the airflow around your case that is the root cause. The 430 is a low spec, low power card. Unless it is faulty it shouldn't putting out that much heat on it's own. Can you test the card in another system? Or even open the case and blow air in with a desk fan to see what happens? Is it in a well ventilated space or stuck behind the TV or something?

thanx for the input, by modding a 120mm fan into the front of the case, blowing over the card I seem to have lowered the temperature at load.

And for a budget, low-power, low-spec 1gb card ( with HDMI audio and DX11 capable) I'm more than impressed with it's performance in my htpc for the odd game session!

Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom