Zooz products not really working out

xke1968

Novice Member
Reaction score
Anybody have experience with Zooz? I have invested quite heavily in RGBW and Smart Switches based on their specs and the initial positive experience I had. However I have found the RGBW controller is really only an RGB controller. If you truly want RGBW you need to use two devices so 2X the cost. I have also found the ZEN22 and ZEN27 switches to be problematic. They will randomly lock up and no longer work as a light switch until they have been powered cycled - kinda hard to explain to the family that you need to reset a light switch. They will also drop from the zwave network requiring a removal and re-pairing sequence. They also don't dim the lights very evenly, below about 50% you get a very distinct flicker. The final kick in the teeth is that the plastic pull tab that kills the power to reset the switches are now beginning to break making the switches totally useless. I have literally over 100 emails going back and forth with their support team. The real kicker is they acknowledge the products have issues but are unwilling to step up and take care of things. By complete contrast I have Honeywell and Lutron devices integrated into the same Zwave/SmartThings network and have had absolutely zero issues with them. Very disappointed in both the time and money I have invested in Zooz. Just me or have others had similar issues?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom