1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zoomplayer

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by dan1979, Dec 10, 2004.

1. dan1979

dan1979

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +201
    Edited: I sorted out my first problem by changing the DVD navigation from Microsoft to WinDVD.

I tried to get it to work with ffdshow, it registered it and verified it ok but when I try to play I get:

Filter Connection Error
    Pins did not accept connection

2. dan1979

dan1979

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +201
    I now get about 2 seconds of DVD playing before I get the windows must shut this down message, after thats happened every disc reports macrovision failure :(

3. dan1979

dan1979

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +201
    I can play regular media files ok but every time I try to play DVD or DVD from HD it crashes, this is the error report it gives.

AppName: zplayer.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: ffdshow.ax
    ModVer: 1.0.0.1 Offset: 00127f73

4. ilkand

ilkand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    If you are using ffdshow and windvd there is a registry setting you need - you'll have to do a search about windvd and abstract cos I've forgotten. Zoomplayer is great, but it is only a front end. Its the codecs that are problematic. I'd go back to the Microsoft navigator too. The avsforum has a massive thread on ffdshow, its always a pain at first.

Andy

5. dan1979

dan1979

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +201
    I got it to work by changing the video codec to PowerDVD though its still not without its problems. I can't play an R1 NTSC disc I tried three and they all just hang when they start to load.

I was watching a DVD streamed from HD and it froze, locked up my machine and task manager showed the volume control sndvol32.exe was opened 40 times! Swapped to a differnet vob file and it worked fine.

Now I've got it running with a couple of tweaks it looks great, a huge improvement but its horribly unstable/unpredictable and hammering my CPU so I daren't have anything else open.

6. ilkand

ilkand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    yes, that sounds like ffdshow.
    Often for a codec there is a registry setting for PAL and a different one for NTSC, but powerdvd is not the codec of choice for ffdshow, and I've never seen what it is, sorry. Do you use Anydvd or something like that, or have you already removed the macrovision?
    Most people are using the nvidia codecs I think (me too), but they are not without their problems either. Its an odd thing, ffdshow, and there has been reams written about it.

Have you tried dscaler5 codecs. They are good and stable(ish) and free.

Andy