ZoomPlayer keeps getting better

Jeff

Prominent Member
Reaction score
While many like the simplicity of ThreatreTek and off the shelf performance of PowerDVD XP, the FREE and increadibly flexibly ZoomPlayer just keeps better and better. Here are details of the latest version.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=140602

I made a feature request just a few days ago and just like magic its in the latest release.

Jeff

How do you use one of the region free programs with Zoomplayer?

Have just downloaded it (it looks good), and need to load back one of my software players. Which audio and video codecs do you rate with ATI Radeon VE cards?

Regards
Ian Guinan

Remember that only the shell is free, you have to own an existingn player for the filters.

The same guy who wrote Zoom also wrote dvdgenie, so it should work well together (I've not personally tried zoom).

I like the CinePlayer 4 video decoder with either Cineplayer 4 or PowerDVD 4 audio. For Region free play DVD region Killer works best, its automatic and just runs in the background.

Jeff

So Jeff, If you're using Cineplayer audio AND video. What are the features of Zoomplayer that elevate it above TT/Cineplayer for you?

Well the Cineplayer 4 UI is crap and TT uses old decoders. Also Ravisent audio decoders are known to a bit problematic so its nice to be able to switch to something else when needed. Same with video, Cineplayer 4's video based material performance is shocking at times so the ability to switch to say WinDVD 2.6 is a very nice option.

Ah, I see. You are using the interchangeble filters then.
I may give it a go.
I'm just about to install the 1.2 TT patch which will hopefully fix the only problem that I had (incorrect image setting in PAL movies).
I always thought that TT would have the new filters well before now. There must be a fairly unfixable problem.

Cheers
Alex

ok, interested in pursuing this but I don't know if I've got the required decoders or where to get them if I haven't. I've got TT and Power DVD XP 4.0 installed on my HTPC at the moment, any of those use the Cineplayer 4 decoders?

Cheers
Andy

If you are running Windows XP you can buy the Cineplayer 4 decoders for $14 direct from the ravisent site.

Jeff

If it is the same guy writing both Genie and Zoom it's a shame he doesn't build the region free aspects onto Zoom or better integrate them.
Regards,
Ian Guinan

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom