Zooming in ?

andymacfly1

Standard Member
Reaction score
Right then i have a freeview box (obviously) and every so often (about every 20 minutes) the picture kind of zooms in/gets bigger. Also it only happens to channel 6 (ITV2). Does anybody no what this could be?

Btw i also have the Tv set to 16:9 (also set to the same on the freeview menu options).

If it helps it's a Samsung 23" HD Ready. (here it is)

If it was happenning on all channels, I'd say that it was a dodgy scart cable, switching between 4:3 and 16:9.
If it's only on one channel, then the chances are it's something wrong with the transmission, not your equipment.

Ok thanks for that :)

Btw this is off topic but, is there a HD Freeview box lol?

Awesome! Do you no when they will be released? :thumbsup:

AFAIK there is no informtion about when or even if Freeview will transmit HD. Best guess is it will not be until after analogue switch off in 2012. More bandwidth will then be available but it may not even be used for HD TV. I hope I am wrong but at the moment there is not even a spec for manufacturers to build to.

Richard

Right then i have a freeview box (obviously) and every so often (about every 20 minutes) the picture kind of zooms in/gets bigger. Also it only happens to channel 6 (ITV2). Does anybody no what this could be?

Btw i also have the Tv set to 16:9 (also set to the same on the freeview menu options).

If it helps it's a Samsung 23" HD Ready. (here it is)

Does it happen during commercials? I find my TV will change the image during ad breaks the back again at the end of the break. This is even though the STB outputs at 16:9. I think I understand why it happens (where is a video line [23?] that is monitored and if blank, the display assumes that a different aspect ratio signal is being received ie 4:3 instead of 16:9) on the and its a minor inconvenience. Its especially annoying when watching F1 on ITV.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom