• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Zoom lens for A300

leaky5

I am selling an immaculate one of these on these on another forum. It will fit on an a300 OK, if you are seriously interested I will remove it from the other forum and advertise it here or you can stick a wanted ad up, it would be for £70 + £6.50 RMSD

It comes with front and back caps, the original metal hood and a Skylight filter. There are pictures of it here -

http://www.flickr.com/photos/leaky5/sets/72157618180583315/

Last edited:

eduk

Distinguished Member
Ive been looking for a zoom lens for a A300 and came across this MINOLTA AF / SONY DIGITAL FIT 100-200mm F4.5 ZOOM LENS on eBay, also To Fit Minolta, For 35mm SLR, Camera Lenses, Photography (end time 01-Jul-09 14:44:06 BST)

Will this fit the A300? and is it a good price for this lens? If not please recommend one

If you after a sharp constant aperture lens, then save up for the Minolta 70-210mm f4 beercan, it is big and heavy though.

If you just want a cheap 300mm zoom, then go for a Tamron or Sigma 70-300mm, used up to 250mm with a small aperture, like f8, they are ok for the money. Get soft after that.

Or the Tamron 55-210mm might do you if you aren't bothered about reaching 300mm. Good for the price and I would probably get this rather than the Minolta 100-200mm *if* I didn't need the f4.5 aperture.

Delvey

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the info. Ive been looking for a UK supplier of the Minolta beercan. Anyone any idea of where to get one from?

Delvey

Distinguished Member
thanks have been looking at dxyum and most the lenses get good reviews.

anthony566

Delvey I have a Minolta 28-105mm that I got for £70 a month ago from Dyxum and a Minolta 100-300mm for £60 from evil bay 2 months ago so just keep looking on the sale thrads here and on Dyxum and of course evilbay although I try not to buy from evilbay to often as the pricese are to high most of the time IMO..

eduk

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the info. Ive been looking for a UK supplier of the Minolta beercan. Anyone any idea of where to get one from?

Stick a wanted ad in the classifieds.

Other than that, eBay, plenty of them every week, it's where mine is from. Make sure it's the f4 though. They usually range in price from £100-£180.

Here's one that ends in a couple of days. 160338921541

Delvey

Distinguished Member
Not really looking to spend that much at the moment. Will try and look for a tamron or simial 55-200mm lens off here or ebay.
Edit: Also, do people recommend uv filters and polarising filters? may pick one up from jessops, will the cheap (hoya)ones do

Last edited:

Delvey

Distinguished Member

anthony566

Not really looking to spend that much at the moment. Will try and look for a tamron or simial 55-200mm lens off here or ebay.
Edit: Also, do people recommend uv filters and polarising filters? may pick one up from jessops, will the cheap (hoya)ones do

Delvely I have hoya uv filtes on all my lenses to protect them as its cheaper to replace the filter than the lens.. the link below might help you with types of filters.

Choosing a Camera Lens Filter

Delvey

Distinguished Member
Thanks, I persume there not as effective over longer periods than the more expensive ones?

anthony566

Hoya filters are not really a cheap brand filter they do have a quality range and one of the Minolta lenses I picked up had a 5 year old Hoya UV filter on and it was fine...... there are much cheaper ones than Hoya I belive.....

Delvey

Distinguished Member
Ok, I looked at jessops and they UV filters and polarisation filters at £15 a piece for 55mm, seems a good price

Delvey

Distinguished Member
I know, got outbid at the last minute, thats why i hate the bay

rich1

Ahoy!

Tokina*SD AF 70-210 F4-5.6 Reviews at Dyxum.com

There's one on EvilBay, Item: 110388892081

Be quick. Looks like a very nice bit of kit and pretty well rated and for not a lot of money.

I bought a Sony A300 last week in the Jessops sale and have a Tokina*SD AF 70-210 lens on loan from my Mom at the moment, shes got a Minolta film SLR which she no longer uses.
I'm no expert but I would agree with the reviews on Dyxum, nice and sharp.

Rich

Last edited:

Pirate!!

Banned
I bought a Sony A300 last week in the Jessops sale and have a Tokina*SD AF 70-210 lens on loan from my Mom at the moment, shes got a Minolta film SLR which she no longer uses.
I'm no expert but I would agree with the reviews on Dyxum, nice and sharp.

Rich

Then someone got a deal and a half and someone missed out on a bargain lens IMHO.

Last edited:

eduk

Distinguished Member
I know, got outbid at the last minute, thats why i hate the bay

That's what maximum bid is for, in the last 30 seconds put the maximum that you are willing to pay and eBay does the rest.

Delvey

Distinguished Member
Me? Sure have. Tamron AF 70-300mm off ebay. Waiting very patiently for it to arrive

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom