1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Notice: AVForums will be offline at 10pm for no longer than 30 minutes for scheduled maintenance. Apologies for any inconvenience this causes.
    Dismiss Notice

Zone 2

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by Tracey, Jan 28, 2004.

1. Tracey

Tracey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, if I wanted to have a set of speakers in another room so I can listen to music using my AV8, what connections do I need? I curenlty have my front speakers bi-amped so I assume I need an extra amp, but how do I connect that to the AV8? I would look at the instruction manual but it's packed away somewhere safe where I can't find it!! Also I can't get to the back of my AV8 to look at the back panel at the moment.

Can anyone help?

2. jont

jont

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +394
    Tracey

There are a pair of phono outputs for zone two on the back of the AV8 that you connect to the zone two amp ... then you can switch any source over to zone 2 ...

rgds

Jon

3. Tracey

Tracey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks very much. I actually managed to find my instruction manual last night. I'm still not sure what's the best way to get the OSD from the AV8 and DV27, I'm thinking about getting an S video cable to go from the AV8 to the TV, I don't really care about how good the picture quality is as long as I can see it. I want the most unobtrusive cable I can get because I've got so many cables now that need to go underneath the floor.