• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Zone 2 receiver ?

Ryy

Novice Member
Unfortunately I'm in the market for a new receiver as my Okyno died due to the over heating chip and they are not fixing them for free anymore.

I need a receiver with a Zone 2 for a pair of outdoor speakers. I'm having a hard time finding anything available that isn't overpriced or just out of stock.

Anybody have a recommendations ? I did a search for "zone 2" on the forums which did not result in anything useful.

Thanks,
Ry

gibbsy

Welcome to the Forum.

Most receivers beyond a price point will have Zone 2 abilities. A lot will depend on the speaker layout in the main listening room. If you go for a seven channel amp then the maximum you can experience in the main area would be 5.1 with the other two channels being designated for Zone 2.

The Denon AVR X2700 has a Zone 2 and 5.1 in the main room. You may still be able to get the X2600 which should be a cheaper alternative.

You could give some more information as to what you want to achieve and how many speakers are in the room and of course your budget. With regard to budget this Forum is based in the UK and that does make it difficult for some members, myself included, to give recommendations based on a USD budget. We do however have a lot of US members who will be more than willing to help and I easily tag one very knowledgeable New Yorker.

Researcher

Established Member
Just look at the manufacturers website for details, they will say which of their Receivers have Zone 2, zone 3.
Most (all?) Denon Receivers have Zone 2 output, some Zone 3 as well.

As per gibbsy's comments, the zone 2 facility nowadays removes two channels from the main listening zone, unless you have an additional amp (and receiver processing and outputs) for the 2nd zone.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom