1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zombified!

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Lex, Jul 23, 2002.

1. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    From The BBC website:

...there will be a DVD boxset release of George Romero's "Zombie" trilogy on 2nd September. This four disc set will have "Night..., "Dawn..." (with Tom Savini commentary!), "Day of the Living Dead", two documentaries, and much more. Technical specs have yet to be confirmed.

In case any of you are interested. ;)

2. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Lex,

Sounds like a nice set, but if it's a Region 2 set, (as I suspect), then it won't be worth getting, simply because "Dawn Of The Dead" will still have censorship cuts to it.

Personally, I'd go with the Dutch Region 2, double DVD of "Dawn". It contains the uncut version of the Director's Cut in widescreen on disc 1, plus Dario Argento's rarely-seen shorter cut of the same film, which removed some of the expository material, and made the film much tighter. Plus, you get the uncut version of the "Dead Trilogy" behind-the-scenes documentary by Roy Frumkes (I think) as well!

For about £25, it's a nice little set, and it all fits in a special regular single Amaray case. Instead of having just one disc holder, you get one on each side of the inside of the case, and a silver-embossed DVD cover as well! Tasty! :)

Just my opinion, of course! :D

Pooch

3. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Wait for the 3 disc set of Dawn of the dead coming out next year in usa Along with a 2 disc Day of the dead.
    The uk release of Dawn is still cut.

4. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +834
    I thought the title of this was refering to what happened to you after reading the first post in this thread. Zombified :devil:

5. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Heres some info on the R1 discs - looks like another box set to add to the collection Cant Wait :D
    Taken from dvddebate.com
    Anchor Bay have let out some details regarding next summer's R1 re-releases of Romero's Dawn Of The Dead and Day Of The Dead.

George Romero's masterpiece, Dawn Of The Dead will be available in three seperate packages: one containing the original theatrical version, another containing the extended Director's cut and and a special multi-disc boxset containing both of the previously mentioned cuts as well as the European Zombi cut of the movie. The discs will boast newly re-mastered anamorphic widescreen transfers, new DTS & Dolby EX Surround Sound, all-new cast & crew interviews, all-new audio commentary tracks, trailers, poster/stills galleries and more.

The only information we have regarding the upcoming Day Of The Dead release is that it will include some interviews, an audio commentary and behind-the-scenes footage

6. tee

tee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    The R1 WILL be the one to get next year, but if you can't wait till then, here are the R2 specs from my site ;) :D

Oh and there are some images of the packaging on there if fancy checking them out........

"Following on from the recent R1 Dawn/Day Of The Dead announcement, it seems Anchor Bay UK have their own plans for the George A. Romero classics. September 2nd sees the release of Zombies: George A Romero's Classic Trilogy. The 4-disc boxset will include Night Of The Living Dead, Dawn Of The Dead, Day Of The Dead plus a bonus DVD featuring Roy Frumkes' acclaimed documentary, The Document Of The Dead, and Thomas Brown's Night Of The Living Dead 25th Anniversary Edition documentary.

The sound and picture details are yet to be confirmed (I'm trying to find out as I write), but here are the confirmed extras:

Night Of The Living Dead
    Behind the scenes
    Featurette
    Trailer
    Photo gallery
    Scene from the Bill Hinzman film Flesheater
    Dance Of The Dead music video

Dawn Of The Dead
    Exclusive commentary by Tom Savini
    Stills gallery

Day Of The Dead
    Behind the scenes footage
    Horror trailers
    Biographies
    Filmographies
    Photo gallery

Bonus Disc
    Two documentaries (Night Of The Living Dead and Document Of The Dead)
    New photo gallery
    Biographies from all 3 films

7. Annatar

Annatar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone seent his boxset to pre-order yet?

8. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    but why would anyone want to own Day... Night and especially Dawn I can understand.

9. Ron240

Ron240

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +442
    Because they have achieved cult status,well at least Night and Dawn anyway. George A Romero is the master of zombie films and i think that most of us will have fond memories of seeing at least one of his films in our younger days when it would leave a lasting impression.

10. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yea but Day is just cheap (not just in the budgetary sense) and tacky, far less accomplished than the other two.

11. Ron240

Ron240

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +442
    I agree,Day is certainly the weakest of the trilogy. This seems to happen a lot with films eg. Rambo,Robocop and Beverley Hills Cop.