• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Zombies Mode

TyFlip

Established Member
I mainly play the Maps mate, not keen on the zombie one because:
A)I'm not that good at it & B)I get scared haha.

I think there will be plenty of people interested.:thumbsup:

phairplay

Distinguished Member
Right then looks like Zombies is staying unlocked so think it would be a good time to get a good session going - player with randoms a few times but there's no sort of co-ordination.

Anybody up for it tonight? :thumbsup:

yes mate i'll be up for that drop me a message when you start a game up

goldwater666

Established Member
same here - quite like a blast on there, every so often....invite me and hopefuly I will be able to accept:devil:

Quick note to anyone who as invited me, I got the invites and got the "game session not available" smack in the face when I tried to join:suicide:

phairplay

Distinguished Member
me and Vausey had a few rounds last night good laugh
def up for getting more ppl (with mics it helps). i'll be on watching a few programs i acquired :rolleyes:
so just drop me a message if your going to play a game.

Vausey

Established Member
me and Vausey had a few rounds last night good laugh
def up for getting more ppl (with mics it helps). i'll be on watching a few programs i acquired :rolleyes:
so just drop me a message if your going to play a game.

Yeah was a good laugh last night sorry my mic was abit dodgy keep getting a loud whistling in my ear??

I'll be on again tonight no doubt so I reckon it could be zombie heaven, had a game with some young Yanks last night 13 and 14 (one of them had to go after level 8 to have his :rotfl:) - but we couldn't get past level 12 even with Ray Guns and Brownings

Got a good stategy for it though - open up the Help room to get the good weapons then clear the stairs in that room (not in the starting room) then just stand in the top corner near the grenades and they all filter through the one door!

Its like shooting fish in a bucket :thumbsup:

NightHawk

Prominent Member
Got a good stategy for it though - open up the Help room to get the good weapons then clear the stairs in that room (not in the starting room) then just stand in the top corner near the grenades and they all filter through the one door!

Its like shooting fish in a bucket :thumbsup:

Yeah, I prefer that strategy too, someone has to be guarding the window- preferably someone the person without the raygun. Only use flamethrower on instakill as it can be difficult to see through the flames and they take a while to die anyway if used in normal rounds. When it gets really hard one person will need to constantly chuck grenades at the doorway to save on ammo.

Vausey

Established Member
Yeah, I prefer that strategy too, someone has to be guarding the window- preferably someone the person without the raygun. Only use flamethrower on instakill as it can be difficult to see through the flames and they take a while to die anyway if used in normal rounds. When it gets really hard one person will need to constantly chuck grenades at the doorway to save on ammo.

I like your style mate - I am getting a nack for killing zombies with Grenades got a 2-4-1 last night (only on the seond wave mind) but the pistols at the start are rubbish!

If you're about later we should try and get abit of a session going - 3 players plus is def the way forward.

The only problem I found was people reloading at the same time :nono:

phairplay

Distinguished Member
The only problem I found was people reloading at the same time :nono:

thats where mics really help out i've done the same tactic with 3 ppl and we got to Lv15 it was mad but a lot of fun

also it doesn't help if you go down somone revives you (Vausey) and you get up but end up reloading at the same time, causing you both to get killed
:oops:

NightHawk

Prominent Member
I usually lead at the front and when I need to reload just back away so others know I'm reloading and can take the lead. But mics definately help. Also leaving the last zombie alive can give you time to keep going for the random box if you haven't got the raygun and rebuild windows.

Timing when to get the bomb/instakill is key as there's no point going for the bomb when instakill is on and reloading just before you get max ammo is important for the extra 10 bullets or so.

Vausey

Established Member
thats where mics really help out i've done the same tactic with 3 ppl and we got to Lv15 it was mad but a lot of fun

also it doesn't help if you go down somone revives you (Vausey) and you get up but end up reloading at the same time, causing you both to get killed
:oops:

Yeah that was pretty unfortunate - think it was probably my fault too :oops:

Think mic's and numbers are def the way forward

goldwater666

Established Member
I played in a pick up with 2 French blokes (sounded French anyway!) and 1 of them got into a *cough* glitch near the tall cupboard (a clock is it?) upstairs with the flamethrower and the other stood near the window (where the wall is missin and you can see over the back) with the .50 cal sniper rifle and I had riot gun to keep them from coming through the same window - that worked REALLY well, until someone :blush: had to reload his shotgun at the wrong time :oops: :D...one min we where cruising along looking towards level :cool:...next we all dead and listening to that little laugh you get at the end...DOH!

Wingsurfer

Prominent Member
The best tactic i've found so far is dont open the help door, go up the stairs & down the other stairs into teh help room but keep the door locked. If you have one/two ppl guarding the windows & wall the other 2/3 people can get the zombies coming down the stairs. Got to level 17 this way :smashin:

Goes without saying rayguns & brownings all round are a must have

TyFlip

Established Member
The best tactic i've found so far is dont open the help door, go up the stairs & down the other stairs into teh help room but keep the door locked. If you have one/two ppl guarding the windows & wall the other 2/3 people can get the zombies coming down the stairs. Got to level 17 this way :smashin:

I had a quick blast last night, I've only played it 2 or 3 times so I don't know the best tactics or weapons so you can guess that I'm pretty naff at it.:rolleyes:

I went to that box for a gun (which is random in it's generosity?) & it gave me a bolt action, which fair enough a clear headshot may bring instant death but it takes 4 or 5 body shots lol! I was stuck with this for ages, I would have been better off picking up bricks & using them!:suicide:

NightHawk

Prominent Member

Tried that but still think going through the help door then up the stairs is the best tactic as the zombies are easier to control in the small room upstairs. Only got to Lv20 via your tactic whereas managed alot higher going through the help room first.

Yeah played last night with Ty-Flip, FmrlUK and Nbuk, we would have done a whole lot better if we ALL stayed in the small room with the grenades on the wall upstairs rather than just running around like loonies in the big room chasing kills :eek::rotfl: 2 of you had rayguns. When you all died I was stuck with my Browning and got overwhelmed.

Ty-Flip - best thing is to keep going for the random box as soon as you have the 950 points, The more you go for it the more likely you'll get the raygun :smashin:

Last edited:

dazwaldo

Established Member
Thanks for the invite last night Nighthawk. Even though I could only stay for one game I really enjoyed it. It's definitely much easier playing with 3 others who know what they're doing. Thanks to you guys I made it further than I ever have before on Zombies and even though I was first man down hopefully I contributed to the team in some way!

Tactics wise, once the 'help room' is open is it best to keep someone in there covering the 2 windows and hole in the wall (as I tried to), or can all 4 stay in the first room and just cover the door to help?

Last edited:

Vausey

Established Member
Guys games last night were awesome - sorry I couldn't connect all the time it kept freezing then saying party no longer exists???

I think the help room first is the best tactic as they can only come at you from one direction (well through the door way and the window).

Did get killed last night with the raygun due to some poor reloading choices - had the browning as back up but that needed reloading too :suicide:

Tried to jump over the zombie whilst reloading but it didny work.

Def thought that was the best tactic although did Dazwaldo go walk about or something??? it looked like her got killed downstairs???? :(

Vausey

Established Member
Thanks for the invite last night Nighthawk. Even though I could only stay for one game I really enjoyed it. It's definitely much easier playing with 3 others who know what they're doing. Thanks to you guys I made it further than I ever have before on Zombies and even though I was first man down hopefully I contributed to the team in some way!

Course you did Daz - sure you revived me once didn't you and you did a stellar job of getting rid of the zombies in the help room

Think we could go all the way with abit of practice :thumbsup:

NightHawk

Prominent Member

Tactics wise, once the 'help room' is open is it best to keep someone in there covering the 2 windows and hole in the wall (as I tried to), or can all 4 stay in the first room and just cover the door to help?

Nah, it's best if only one person stays there just covering the help room while the other 3 stay defending the big room. Around Lv10 or so or when 2 people have rayguns it's best to go upstairs.

Guys games last night were awesome - sorry I couldn't connect all the time it kept freezing then saying party no longer exists???

I think the help room first is the best tactic as they can only come at you from one direction (well through the door way and the window).

Did get killed last night with the raygun due to some poor reloading choices - had the browning as back up but that needed reloading too :suicide:

Tried to jump over the zombie whilst reloading but it didny work.

Def thought that was the best tactic although did Dazwaldo go walk about or something??? it looked like her got killed downstairs???? :(

Mate I thought we had that room sorted! I had the doorway covered easy even though I had no raygun but they managed to get through the window somehow and catch me from behind when I thought you were covering that!

Will definately do better next time :thumbsup:

phairplay

Distinguished Member
sounds like a missed a good game last night.... i should be on tonight
all tactics noted :devil:

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom