Zombieland: Double Tap 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Simon Crust

Editorial Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the review - added straight on to our rental list :)

Good review , whilst nothing new still enjoyable I would agree with the 7, it will never win a Bafta but is entertaining non the less.

Saw this at the cinema.

The first film was one of those rare gems that was much better than it should've been really.

After a 10yr gap I dont envy them trying to make a sequel that could live upto the first.

This is however pretty funny and is enjoyable, there are some good laughs in it and the story isn't bad, plus Woody Harrelson is just awesome anyway.

7.5/10

Very much 'more of the same' , minus the 'novelty' value. Highly watchable, amusing, completely over the top but that's to be expected. Probably falls into my 'would watch again once' category.
Scores on the doors, 6.7/10

Just finished this in 4K. Really enjoyed it! A solid 7! Funny and just good fun! Recommend!

I like the original a lot, but this was a pale shadow of it. Thought it was rubbish, not at all funny, a boring plot and a strong sense the actors were just doing it for the pay cheque. We made it about 3/4 of the way through and gave up, and no inclination to finish it. 2/10 and I'm being generous.

Last edited:
Thanks for the review!
DTS X in my experience is the best possible overall sound quality and better in many ways than Dolby Atmos.
That said, isn't this movie IMAX Enhanced?
I think this is the DTS/Dolby argument again. DTSx like its predecessor produce more aggressive mixes. It works for the most part with the DTSx films I've watched. In particular, some of the Universal catalogue where the picture quality improvements in 4k are not always obvious, but the DTSx sound track makes the upgrade worth it.

Not quite as good as the first but still very enjoyable... and the picture and audio are excellent.

Not quite as good as the first but still very enjoyable... and the picture and audio are excellent.

I agree!
Just watched the movie and it was fun, but didn't reach the same level for me as the first.
Mainly the ending is pretty flat or hollow so to say.

Finally watched this last night - its been a long time since I saw the original, so this felt quite fresh! Enjoyed it, made me chuckle at times (leaning tower Pisa :) ) and the Columbia intro !

PQ was very nice, and the DTSX also really good....the fireworks going off in the ceiling :)

A bit of fun !

We watched this last night, the perfect Movie for right now; looked great, sounded fantastic, total "leave reality at the Door" escapism.
Particularly loved the "Homer" Zombies, and the "Zombie Kill of the Year" sequences
Definitely re-watchable. 7/10

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom