zombie films

S

shoalin kid

can any one recommend some decent ones on dvd.like the dead next door or that one in the manchester morgue have nt seen these ones yet are they any good,recently saw the colour remake of night of the living dead and that was crap so anybody seen some worth getting .Is return of the living dead out on dvd

My favourite is Dawn of the Dead. great film.

cheers
shaun

The Beyond - classic fulci and the region 1 print sounds and looks good, also try and hunt down Peter Jacksons Brain Dead which has various other titles.

Dan O' Bannon's Return Of The Living Dead is available on both R1 & 2 on MGM label. Can be bought form HMV in the sale at the moment for £9.99 or part of a 3 for £20 deal.

Not really in to this sort of thing but I thought 28 days later was a good film of the type.

_

The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks just released in paperback is a fun read if you like the zombie genre.

I love dawn of the dead and think the remake looks quite promising (it seems to have its own ideas rather than going for a shot for shot remake)

I love Peter Jackson's Bad Taste and Braindead and if you like them you should love Undead, it's a aussie zombie/sci-fi comedy in the same vein as Jackson's films.

Try

Zombie Flesh Eaters
Day Of The Dead
Zombie Holicast

:smashin: :p :smashin:

Yeah saw the Trailer for that last night at the flicks
Looks very funny and a P*** take of the Dawn Of The Dead

:clap:

Dead and Buried is a good zombie flick. From the writers of Alien. The american region 0, Blue Underground disc is as good as its gonna look. Nice extras.

I was one of the zombie extras for Shaun of the Dead, and if what I saw was any indication, it should be great. Don't let the goofy trailer fool you though, some of the effects are pretty gory.

Could be the makings for a real cult classic.

Check out the trailer HERE.

Talking of PJ's Braindead (aka Dead Alive), does anyone know where to get a totally uncut version from? I read that although the US version is Unrated, there is still a longer version available.

Bad Taste is hysterical.
I don't half wince though during the head flap and bayonet scenes!

think ive seen bad taste a few yrs ago cant remember though but braindead is great.has nobody seen the dead next door or the one at the manchester morgue (still cant remember its full title its supposed to be good )i heard the italian ones are a lot slower paced is this true

Let Sleeping Corpses Lie (Living Dead At Manchester Morgue) is excellent. A bit old school. But well entertaining. I recommend it!!!

Originally posted by James45
I love dawn of the dead and think the remake looks quite promising (it seems to have its own ideas rather than going for a shot for shot remake)

I love Peter Jackson's Bad Taste and Braindead and if you like them you should love Undead, it's a aussie zombie/sci-fi comedy in the same vein as Jackson's films.

I am also going into the Dawn of the Dead remake with an open mind as I find clinging to classics can jade a perfectly good time at the movies. I'm one of the few ppl that actually enjoyed the Tom Savini 1990 remake of Night of the Living Dead.

I'm currently saving my pennies for the multidisc R1 Dawn DVD set from Anchor Bay later this year as I have never owned a version of this film on DVD yet ! although I was tempted to buy the (uncut 4:3) R2 Dawn released last year and have stopped short from buying the R1 single disc version geting a release shortly.

I haven't seen a release date for Undead yet but I'm keeping an eye out for it in Region 4.

A remake of Dawn of the Dead. Fantastic!!

About time we had what looks like a well made zombie horror film.

I liked Resident Evil and am looking forward to no.2 also.

I really, really hope it will kick start a Hollywood revival of 'good' monster horror films.:smashin:

Originally posted by Glimmer
have stopped short from buying the R1 single disc version geting a release shortly.

I haven't seen a release date for Undead yet but I'm keeping an eye out for it in Region 4.

I've got the new release of Dawn... on order, cos I haven't seen it in ages, although I'll definitely get the mega release later.

Undead has been out for rental in Oz since December, so retail shouldn't be to long.

General... the trailer for the remake is available to download from Dave's Trailer Page or the Apple one, looks very good. Although I doubt they'll include the custard pie fight!:D

dawn of the dead is the ultimate zombie flick .....and the upcoming remake will wont even be in the same class. zombie flesheaters is another good one although its more a no brainer. ironically zombie flesheaters was a video i have a good memory about ..as in 1993 i was taken to court over my horror collection and this movie was one i was prosecuted over.....laughinally i was found guilty[ and bear in mind i had no duplicating equipment, blank tapes,etc, but still was branded a dealer!, because i swapped movies with fellow the darkside magazine readers..........prosecution costs went back to the prosecution:D and thanx to community service i can build a garden bench out of a pallet:smashin:

Well I'm glad the police took a hard line on this and didn't waste their own time and taxpayers hard earned cash by prosecuting an adult watching adult material that can generally be found in any good outlet these days
I'm bloody glad they never came round to my gaff.

I think the new dawn should be given a chance and comments can only really be made once it has been watched. I'm looking forward to it and wont' look on it as a remake but as a new film which just happens to have the same name. You know its going to look slicker and the effects will probably be better, the only drawack being what rating it will be and therefore what age group the film is going to be aimed at. I'm all for an adult all out zombie flick that csares the be-jesus out of me. However in this day and age any zombie flick is better than none at all

Originally posted by krusty
and thanx to community service i can build a garden bench out of a pallet:smashin:

Wow krusty.

Can't you get the conviction over-turned or something as nowadays they wouldn't be able to prosecute?

I know from my own brush with the law that potentially being stuck with a criminal record was the most worrying aspect of it.

dint no there was another release of dawn coming out i ve got the one thats coming out in march on order .i thought that was an anchor bay release like day of dead last yr

there is a MEGA release planned and has been on the cards for ages, depending who you listen to it could be anywhere from 3 to 5 discs including Romero's cut and Argento's European cut, Zombi. plus a whole ton of extras.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom