1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zombi 2 Media Blasters DVD info... FINALLY!

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by videonasty, Aug 4, 2004.

1. videonasty

videonasty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
  2. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I heard Blue Underground are releasing the exact same version ( in a 1 disc set without the extras ) but with Dolby 5.1 remixed sound. dunno if its true but thats what my web browsing brought up and Fangoria magazine states the same thing.

3. videonasty

videonasty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    They are, both Media Blasters & Blue Underground own the rights for Zombi 2. This version is supposed to be the better of the two?

4. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    dvdbeaver have done a comparison review of the Blue underground dvd vs all the previous releases and will be adding the Shriek show version once they get there hands on it.
    At the moment as you can see Here the Blue underground version looks great.

5. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I dunno the Blue Underground version looks weird, the scene with the gorgeous woman underwater looks too dark and you can't make out any details, the media blasters picture below it looks better but its hard to tell for sure without seeing a moving image.

6. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Err you got that a bit wrong the Third picture down is the Blue underground version - The one above is Italian shock version and the top one is the old (rubbish) Anchor bay US version. The Media Blasters/ Shriek show version isnt on the site yet as its not out yet

7. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    whoooooops yep you are right so the one i thought looked best was blue underground :)

8. captainH

captainH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +204
    I got the BU version last week and the transfer is excellent. The underwater scene does suffer from some strange imperfections which look like water marks on the negative but overall I never believed it could look this good!!

9. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +861
    the Media Blasters 2 disc version's already in the post winging its way across the pond :thumbsup:
    Nice. Been waiting far too long to see a decent transfer of this one, can't wait.

I have to say though, in 2 years time when Blue Underground get the rights to release a special edition rather than just the 1 disc version (according to the terms of the deal they struck with Shriek Show), that'll probably be the definitive release, but time will tell...

10. videonasty

videonasty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Where did you get it from?

Its pretty cheap from dvdsoon but they have no info?

11. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +861
    I preordered at Pacific about 6 months ago. They've still got no info on the site, but I'll see if I can get the specs. I know someone that's pretty tight with the guy that runs shriek show so I'll speak to him and see what's going on. I've been away for a week and came home to see a shipping email waiting for me so I haven't really had chance to find anything out at the moment.

12. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +861
    DISC ONE:
    • Newly remastered widescreen transfer
    • Audio commentary by actor Ian McCullough
    • “Food for the Worms,” a 13-minute featurette interviewing opening-scene zombie Captain Haggerty
    • Production stills, posters and lobby card gallery
    • Outtakes • Original ZOMBI 2 trailer, plus trailers for ZOMBIE 3, ZOMBI 4: AFTER DEATH and ZOMBI 5: KILLING BIRDS, FLESH FOR THE BEAST, FLESH EATER, EROTIC NIGHTS OF THE LIVING DEAD, ZOMBIE HOLOCAUST, BURIAL GROUND and BIO-ZOMBIE

DISC TWO:
    • “Building a Better Zombie,” a 98-minute documentary featuring interviews with producer Fabrizio De Angelis, makeup FX creator Giannetto De Rossi, cinematographer Sergio Salvati, composer Fabio Frizzi, makeup artists Maurizio Trani and Rosario Prestopino, camera operator Franco Bruni and hairstylist Mirella DeRossi Sforza
    • “Raising the Dead,” a six-minute featurette interviewing production and costume designer Walter Patriarca
    • “An Evening With Dakar”: Actor Dakar, who plays the character of Lucas, sings!

that's the last "confirmed" specs I saw. Won't be certain til the disc arrives though

13. videonasty

videonasty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Nice one! :thumbsup:

Why has this title took so long to be finalised? Most sites don't have any info like that?

14. Fatti

Fatti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Is this the same as this one from CD-WOW? Just wondering as page 5 of the link Videonasty posted says it has 5.1 soundtrack but CD-WOW only show it as having a stereo one.

15. ilovedts

ilovedts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It is the correct version. I mailed CD-WOW & asked them & they said that they also have it in stock :thumbsup: where as a lot of US retailers still don't have it? :suicide:

16. Fatti

Fatti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Cheers ilovedts, I actually ended up ordering it yesterday from DVDPacific as it was showing up in stock. Had confirmation this morning that it has been despatched. Price-wise, it worked out more or less the same :)

17. MrFurious

MrFurious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,498
    is the version selling on movietyme the one to get?

18. paulclissold

paulclissold

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +157
    I have both versions. Both transfers outstanding. The extras on the Shriek Show disc make it an essential purchase in addition to the Blue Underground one if,like me, you are a real anorak fan for this film. Packaging very nice too,replica poster a nice touch. The documentary has some useful insights and is a notch above the usual Shriek Show fare.

19. Fatti

Fatti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    paulclissold, could you confirm what the audio options on the Shriek Show version are. Some R1 sites say is stereo and others i.e. Movietyme, PlayUSA say 5.1.

Cheers

20. paulclissold

paulclissold

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +157
    English 5.1
    Italian 5.1

English 2.0
    Italian 2.0

English Original Mono
    Italian Original Mono

21. Fatti

Fatti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Nice one......thanks for that :thumbsup:

22. Setenza

Setenza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +226
    I just picked up the 2 disc set and I'm watching the documentary now. Nice to see this classic get the treatment it deserves. Nice to see "Shriek Show/MediaBlasters " not screw up.

23. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +861
    been speaking with someone involved in the production of the Media Blasters set and he brought up something that was a bit disappointing, regarding a certain well known uk-based (and Vipco affiliated) genre journalist, throwing a spanner in the works in the production of the special edition, seemingly on purpose. I quote...

"notice that MuCulloch, Farrow and Johnson are conspicuous by their absence as contributors on the SS Zombie 2 DVD? The regular SS interviewers had them all lined up for on-camera interviews (and Tisa Farrow had made it clear that this was the last time she would EVER talk about this film) and for a full cast audio commentary. Then in steps a third party claiming they could get all these people for contributions - so both BU and SS go with this third party instead. Turns out that this third party was full of **** and couldn't get hold of these people at all, thus ******* it up for the rest of us."

Probably thought it would be cheaper and easier to let a well known horror journo do the recording/interviews for them... :suicide:
    I must say, I'd been wondering why they weren't involved. Big shame really :(
    Something tells me they'll probably appear on the Blue Underground version though, after all they've got 2 years to get it sorted

24. TarPot

TarPot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +194
    That sucks! I think I know who you mean. He is always getting slated!!! about this. Anyway, just had mine dispatched by dvdsoon. Got it for just under $24, it is now just under $44 on their site. So I feel lucky.

25. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    God damn J S he is such an :censored: Why did Shriek show even bother to work with him?
    Question..Anyone got the Shriek show version ?? Can you confirm the Stereo Soundtrack is working fine ?? As some has posted on MHVF that the Stereo Track goes silent for 2mins.
    As i dont want to buy it if it needs replacing.

26. TarPot

TarPot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +194
    Hopefully should have mine next week. I will check it out and post back my findings. There is still the 5.1 track, and I think a mono track to use. According to dvd beaver, it is the best version for picture and extras.

27. TarPot

TarPot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +194
    I can confirm the English 2.0 track does cut out around the 68 min point. I watched the film with the English 5.1 track with no problems, so am not bothered. The English mono track is also fine.
    Hope this helps people.