Zodiac Killer

brad123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Having watched the film last night I'm amazed with all of todays technology they can't attach the murders to someone. Been reading up and there's a few suspects but nothing concrete. Makes you wonder if he's still alive.

Having watched the film last night I'm amazed with all of todays technology they can't attach the murders to someone. Been reading up and there's a few suspects but nothing concrete. Makes you wonder if he's still alive.

What sort of technology do you mean?

The advances in DNA over the past few decades should mean that if the Zodiac Killer is still alive as soon as they commit a crime serious enough to be swabbed it should be game over.

Could be very smart and gone inactive or could be dead, I'm going for the latter.

The advances in DNA over the past few decades should mean that if the Zodiac Killer is still alive as soon as they commit a crime serious enough to be swabbed it should be game over.

Could be very smart and gone inactive or could be dead, I'm going for the latter.

Yes I agree, apparently the last murder they attribute to the killer was in 1969

Have they got a sample of Zodiac's DNA then? I reckon he's already dead...

I heard this is how the Night Stalker offender Delroy Grant was caught. His brother was arrested and when his DNA was taken and processed the computer identified it to be related to (ie Brother of) the DNA samples taken of the suspect during Operation Minstead.

Fascinating case and a really absorbing film to watch, Zodiac is my favourite crime investigative movie. Whether Arthur Leigh did it we don't know but maybe it will be solved some day. If ALA was not the killer the real killer must be surely dead by now.

I heard this is how the Night Stalker offender Delroy Grant was caught. His brother was arrested and when his DNA was taken and processed the computer identified it to be related to (ie Brother of) the DNA samples taken of the suspect during Operation Minstead.
It's fascinating stuff.

Begs the question what would be the impact to crime if everyone was DNA tested at birth.

It's fascinating stuff.

Begs the question what would be the impact to crime if everyone was DNA tested at birth.
Also begs the question of what would be the impact to you if your DNA & other private information fell into the wrong hands.
Not like you can change your DNA like you might a compromised password.

If there were such a national database, you’d assume it would also be vulnerable to being hacked as well.

Last edited:

Recovering DNA from old evidence led directly to Wearside Jack.

Fascinating case and a really absorbing film to watch, Zodiac is my favourite crime investigative movie. Whether Arthur Leigh did it we don't know but maybe it will be solved some day. If ALA was not the killer the real killer must be surely dead by now.
Apparently the partial DNA can’t rule people in, but it can rule people out & ALA was ruled out (ie their DNA doesn’t even have the partial)

the film's on BBC1 tonight at 10.45pm btw
am recording it, haven't watched it before
- didn't realise Iron Man, Hulk and Mysterio were in it

I would watch it myself but own the Bluray, don't miss it krish it is a great movie :thumbsup:

Will give it a watch as well. Haven’t watched it for many years. I remember quite a bit of the other two characters, but don’t remember Robert Downey Jnr at all.

you sshould watch "Ill be gone in the dark", about how they caught the original night stalker / East area rapist many years later using DNA.

if they had a full sample there's a chance they could catch him

Will give it a watch as well. Haven’t watched it for many years. I remember quite a bit of the other two characters, but don’t remember Robert Downey Jnr at all.

The journalist IIRC. Been a long time for me too but it was good.

you sshould watch "Ill be gone in the dark", about how they caught the original night stalker / East area rapist many years later using DNA.

if they had a full sample there's a chance they could catch him
A special episode aired in the US last night ...
The documentary series returns as the victims of the Golden State Killer seek closure following the recent sentencing. Plus, one final boots-on-the-ground investigation into the case that inspired Michelle McNamara’s fascination with unsolved crimes: the murder of Kathy Lombardo. A new special episode of #IllBeGoneInTheDark premieres June 21 on HBO Max.

Not yet on Sky/NOW

After watching Fincher's film I was fascinated by this case for a long while. Obviously I've never been the only one.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom