Zmodo Security Cameras - Firmware Update

Discussion in 'Smart Home, Climate Control & Security Forum' started by clinkadink, Dec 31, 2016.

1. clinkadink

clinkadink
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For those with Zmodo security cameras, do not update your cameras or NVR/DVR to the latest firmware. If you do, you will not be able to view live or recorded footage locally on your PC anymore.

Zmodo have decided that all customers should now record to their cloud instead. The latest update stops from accessing any local recordings, and forces you to use the cloud service. Unfortunately, despite the firmware update being rolled out, the cloud service is not yet available. In other words, it leaves customers with the ability to access their live and/or recorded video footage.

I posted a comment in their Zmodo support forum stating my displeasure at the predicament they have left their customer base in. There response was not what i expected. They blocked my account and deleted my posts.

I am now left with 9 cameras, an NVR and months of recordings that I cannot access. I am now in the process of uninstalling all Zmodo equipment. I am hoping that this message prevents anyone else from falling fowl of Zmodo.

Considering Zmodo cameras?? Read this first ...

2. chrisfraser05

chrisfraser05

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    Seems odd a company would alienate their customer base like that

3. clinkadink

clinkadink
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree. I guess they are getting a lot of flak at the moment, so they are trying to hide unhappy customer comments such as mine. Either way, there has been zero support from them since I purchased it.

I should have done my homework.