1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zinwell with MXE?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by tbrar, Jul 21, 2003.

1. tbrar

tbrar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wanted to get your opinions.

Has anyone looked at the Zinwell Briteview - gets a fairly decent write up in SHFH. Apparently deinterlacing is excellent - better than any HCPC theyve looked at and Centre Stage CS1 product.

Will take in component, ie in my case from VSX2011 (being used as switcher for TV and DVD), outputs variable PC resolutions (including 1024 x 768), aswell as 720p/1080i. The best bit - price! £300.00 approx. :smashin:

Now, am I missing something?.

I would look at this as an interim solution scaler solution until the KDPIO768 is available. As I undertsand with DVI HDCP imminent the external scaler and the display both have to have a DVI HDCP, ie source and display must be connected to each other by DVI HDCP. Hence whatever external scaler I looked at now, I would have to upgrade the 5002 board in my MXE in any case.

Is this right? also anyones thoughts.

Actually, as an edit, attached link to Secrets Of Home Fidelity & Hi Fi Progressive Scan Shootout 2002/3: -

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/cgi-bin/shootout.cgi?function=search&articles=5#

Very usefull for performance reviews of individual PS DVD Players, also standalone deinterlacers & scalers

Tony

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,001
    There is much more to a scaler than de-interlacing. It's not hard to get a scaler better than a broken HTPC . It's hard to get one better than a really good HTPC. Your suppliers comment is not very useful. Viewing the thing for yourself might prove more effective Tony.

Gordon

3. tbrar

tbrar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Gordon,

Shall continue looking, (hurry up KDPIO768!!)........??! :suicide:

Nb - my comment on the HCPC was in the 'Secrets Of Home Cinema & Hi Fidelity' Progressive Scan Shootout, I think as said they were refering to ones they had seen, Sinclair ZX range I think !!!! :rotfl:

I am actually getting home demo HCPC (by Uvem - not H3D/H3D2 I beleive) later in the week, so should be interesting.

Tony

4. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,001
    There are huge variables in HCPC design and imlimentation. You can find tests to trip them up just as you can find ones to trip up sil or sage devices.

I'm with you on the KD card though.....hurry up guys!

Gordon