Zigbee Bridge

tdhtdh

Novice Member
Hi all

Really struggling to find out an answer to my query.

I've got some Linkind smart bulbs that came with a zigbee hub
Amazon product

I've added some Linkind E14 bulbs which work fine.

I also have an IKEA gateway and 2 bulbs but you have to connect each device to a remote and don't seem to be able to add non IKEA products to it.

I then bought some Osram Smart+ bulbs as they were Zigbee I assumed the Linkind Zigbee hub would work with them. They both said Zigbee right, so you'd assume they work right? Oh no, they don't.
Amazon product

I have an Amazon Echo Show 8 1st gen which doesn't have a zigbee hub
Amazon product

It's getting kind of messy with different products, different gateways etc so I'm looking for something that would allow me to just add zigbee products easily.

I believe I could buy an Echo 4th gen as that includes a Zigbee hub but I don't really need another speaker so I'm wondering if there is a zigbee hub out there that doesn't lock to its own products?

For example would this work?
Amazon product

Would getting the philips hue bridge do the trick?

Many thanks

Jamie

Distinguished Member
I've only tried the IKEA bulbs myself with a hue hub but all of the things you've listed do all claim compatibility with a Hue bridge.

D

Deleted member 24354

I agree with @Jamie most zigbee stuff works fine with a Hue hub. I have 3 or 4 different brands of zigbee equiopment, including Ikea bulbs and Dresden RGBW controllers, all work seamlessly

tdhtdh

Novice Member
So if I got a Philips Hue Hub I don't actually need anything else Hue from Philips but the hub might well be able to drive my other stuff and any other zigbee compatible products?

Jamie

Distinguished Member
So if I got a Philips Hue Hub I don't actually need anything else Hue from Philips but the hub might well be able to drive my other stuff and any other zigbee compatible products?
Yes, although you'll need a Hue app of some sort, either the official app or one of the many 3rd party apps.

Compatibility for 3rd party stuff seems to be pretty good, I've got 4 or 5 other makes of devices connected to mine but genuine Philips bulbs are still better IMO, the power interruption settings make them worth it alone for me.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom