ziffit be warned

jonsbaby

Novice Member
Used Ziffit for the first time last month, never again. Went to Ziffit as music magpie took 6 weeks from collection to payment. Ziffit pay a lot quicker but only after rejecting about 40% of the items I sent. Some of these items were brand new dvds and some only watched once and put straight back in the case so I know there were not scratches or marks on them but they were still rejected as damaged! I emailed them regarding this but they will not do anything about it just say refer to terms and conditions and all rejected items had been destroyed, so they won't return or send photographic evidence of the so called damage. If you do use this company be prepared to get a large chunk of your money removed from the cart with no come back.

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
They destroy goods they dont wish to purchase instead of sending back ? I find that very hard to believe.

alan280170

Distinguished Member
That is bollocks, a right royal ripoff if you ask me. How do they sell them on BTW, do you know?

Pisto_Grih

Distinguished Member
They destroy goods they dont wish to purchase instead of sending back ? I find that very hard to believe.
So did I until I read their terms and conditions :eek: Terms and Conditions | Ziffit.com

3.4 If for any reason you include items we do not accept with your Order, we will dispose of them responsibly and they cannot under any circumstances be returned. You hereby accept and agree to hold us harmless and fully indemnify us against any loss material or otherwise that you may suffer due to disposal of these unaccepted items by us and/or our partners or affiliates.

stevenM

Banned
So basically what they mean is that we will tell you we had to destroy some of your items. when really we kept them and paid the customer less money.

Pisto_Grih

Distinguished Member
I've just checked Music Magpie and they have a very similar clause in their terms and conditions. Must be a standard thing?

I've never used these services, and it looks like I never will! Will stick to CEX.

Kailash

what a scam, I'd rather sell myself on ebay I think or just give the stuff away to a charity shop depending what it is

dmpzsn

I've used music magpie several times with no problems and no rejects, if I hadn't got rid of all my cd's and dvd's I'd use them again.
Dave

Germinator

Any DVDs I don't want I hand them into my local Barnados, handed in about 60 a few weeks ago. Would not waste my time with music magpie etc

jaipal2004

Any DVDs I don't want I hand them into my local Barnados, handed in about 60 a few weeks ago. Would not waste my time with music magpie etc
.... And then Barnardo's will use some of your donations to pay celebrities for endorsements... But I digress :)

alan280170

Distinguished Member
Chris Evans mentioned on his radio show earlier this week of a celeb, no name mentioned, who charged 20k for some PR work, I think it was Barnardo's :(

That's a pretty low thing to do, not like they are struggling for money (the Celeb).

briantopp

Apparently it was a reality TV "star" and she passed the £20k onto a different charity. It looks like all they did was hold up a handwritten sign with the Banardos Twitter handle on it so it strikes me as a ridiculous waste of money.

alan280170

Distinguished Member
Apparently it was a reality TV "star" and she passed the £20k onto a different charity. It looks like all they did was hold up a handwritten sign with the Banardos Twitter handle on it so it strikes me as a ridiculous waste of money.

So a Z lister, who actually gives the the oxygen of fame and legitimacy.

Mrsnexty

Novice Member
Sorted out a mixture of old books and dvd's to send as we are making room for a baby sent the box off with all the items on the list in good until this point then I received an email, saying that my payout sum was less than agreed because some of my items had not turned up. I confirmed that all items were in the box I packed them and checked them myself. They then said that there were items in he box that were not on the list I argued this point. The customer service response was to say they had checked their warehouse and the items were not there I would not receive anything for the books and dvd's apparently not on the list and they would not be returned. They have confirmed that this is their policy and their is nothing that they can do, also adding that all their staff are well trained. If you want to rick using them take pictures of everything in the box before you send it off I do understand how such blatent theft can be ignored in such a large company. I look forward to reviving yet another response about how good your staff are and that I have obvious not sent the right books Ziffit I am just lucky it was only for a small amount of money and I can chalk it up to experience. Hopefully it will save other people the irritation and frustration of being stolen from.

g00se01

Novice Member
That is bollocks, a right royal ripoff if you ask me. How do they sell them on BTW, do you know?
For the prices they offer, it should be easy for them to sell them on anywhere and make a good return on their ridiculous rip off quotes, i installed the app scanned a few brand new very popular ps4 games in my collection and found it very amusing, they're a joke, needless to say i immediately uninstalled the app and will never give that company the time of day for as long as i live.

leamspaceman

Distinguished Member
I hope they return the Ming vase I sent them after they rejected it due to it not having a barcode.......

Darious

Standard Member
Do not make any business with Ziffit, they are utterly dishonest folks. Use others, which are not only better, but also honest.

EnricoEscobar

Novice Member
I have just traded in a heap of books, CDs, DVDs and games using these websites. Here are my experiences / tips.
1. Try your items across all the sites, some will suddenly pay more for odd items (I got £5 for a DVD in one that I was only offered 30p for on another).
2. Unusual / rare items seem to draw higher values
3. If your item is damaged (torn cover, notes written inside, scratched disk, missing parts etc) it is most likely that you won't receive any money for it and the item will be destroyed.

Ziffit Order 1 : Order Value £132.37. Payout £130.28 | 4 of 138 items rejected.
Ziffit Order 2 : Order Value £11.56. Payout £10.42| 2 of 11 items rejected.
WeBuyBooks : Order Value £51.25. Full payout| No items rejected.
MusicMagpie : Order Value £11.25. Full payout| No items rejected.
Momox : Order Value £10.08. Full payout| No items rejected.

So generally a very positive experience. All offered free postage on orders over £10, and payment was prompt from each (longest taking about 7 days) from posting. For all the items rejected I thought "fair enough" as I had noticed some damage before sending (mostly torn or very creased covers on books). Some items I thought might be rejected were actually accepted - so it goes both ways. So my advice would be, check all the sites available, but don't be put off by all the negative reviews. If your items are in good condition, you should get paid!

Last edited:

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
Its the "Item will be destroyed" thing that is complete and utter BS, I am sorry but they are supposed to just let you trust them they are going to "Destroy" what they don't want and not only that if they are not buying it they are destroying your property.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month

Latest News

Anthem launches latest AV receivers, processors and amplifiers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Naim and Focal discount premium music systems
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Sky and NOW TV UK for November 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 28th October 2020
  • By Phil Hinton