Zidoo Z1000 Pro Android TV Box Review & Comments

Hello Igans319,

you have Mark's thread with all the information about it here

See you soon

If you have a display that will support both of these formats then yes. Mine is a HDR10+ display and before Zidoo enhanced their settings across the range, I got a HDfury Vertex2, and can watch in LLDV superbly!

Thanks mate.

My OLED can do both DV / HDR10+. Don't care about HDR10+ :)

I am planning to buy HDFury 8K Vroom few months down the line.

Thanks a lot mate.

Sorry for being a pain. Please can you confirm if mkv file created via latest MakeMKV from 4K UHD disc will output DV / HDR10+ if these are present?

Yes i was too slow already been answered above. YES latest MakeMKV will output what you require.

No media player is perfect and neither is this one, but having owned several this is looking the best so far. I have the oppo clone which is basically the oppo 203 without the drive. Just lately had a few crashes with that unit so like i say nothing is perfect.

So I bought my m9702 for Dolby Vision but I use it to play all my 4k and Blu-ray disc backups. The picture and especially the audio quality are superb, but I hate the file system. I use my Shield to run Kodi which is my disc catalogue.

Can I replace the m9702 + Kodi on Shield with this?

Can someone clarify for me the Dolby Vision ISO vs Folders issue. I used to have all my DV content in ISO but now I use folders. Can it play DV folder?

Been using KODI (and XBMC before that) for the past 15 years on so on multiple devices throughout the house and recently switched the Vero4K+ in my Home Theatre for a Zidoo Z1000 Pro and never looked back, love this thing!

Initially ordered a Zappiti 4K HDR but send it back after using it one evening, what a PoS.... No NFS, SMBv1 only, Android V6, slow menu and responsiveness etc.

Two things that do bug me about the Zidoo though:
  • No support for x264 Hi10P files (some Anime is encoded like this), the Vero4K+didn't support it either but the Nvidia Shield 2017 with Kodi I have in the living room supports it.
  • Matching TV Shows can be a bit dodgy sometimes as the Zidoo neglects the folder name and looks at the file name only (where in Kodi you can specify if a certain NFS share only holds movies or only series etc.
For example if you have a show that has an episode file called:
NameofShow.S01E01.1080p.The.Great.Wall.MKV the Zidoo in many cases scrapes it as the movie 'The Great Wall' and not a TV Show with and episode called 'The Great Wall'.
I have well over 100 shows on my NAS and spend about 2 full evenings manually rescanning the shows.
All goes well until next week's new episode comes along and shit start all over again.

But other than that, still love it and wouldn't want to part with it!

Damn it. Just bought one.

£339.99.

Order will be dispatched Monday.

I'm assuming that it works with a Harmony remote? What about the plug? I know it comes with a C13 cable, but is that cable terminated with a UK 3 pin plug?

Damn it. Just bought one.

£339.99.

Order will be dispatched Monday.

I'm assuming that it works with a Harmony remote?

Did you order at futeko?

Been using KODI (and XBMC before that) for the past 15 years on so on multiple devices throughout the house and recently switched the Vero4K+ in my Home Theatre for a Zidoo Z1000 Pro and never looked back, love this thing!

Initially ordered a Zappiti 4K HDR but send it back after using it one evening, what a PoS.... No NFS, SMBv1 only, Android V6, slow menu and responsiveness etc.

Two things that do bug me about the Zidoo though:
  • No support for x264 Hi10P files (some Anime is encoded like this), the Vero4K+didn't support it either but the Nvidia Shield 2017 with Kodi I have in the living room supports it.
  • Matching TV Shows can be a bit dodgy sometimes as the Zidoo neglects the folder name and looks at the file name only (where in Kodi you can specify if a certain NFS share only holds movies or only series etc.
For example if you have a show that has an episode file called:
NameofShow.S01E01.1080p.The.Great.Wall.MKV the Zidoo in many cases scrapes it as the movie 'The Great Wall' and not a TV Show with and episode called 'The Great Wall'.
I have well over 100 shows on my NAS and spend about 2 full evenings manually rescanning the shows.
All goes well until next week's new episode comes along and sh*t start all over again.

But other than that, still love it and wouldn't want to part with it!
Hi at the moment I use a Vero4K and use the kodi video library and have 2 separate profiles basically my movies and kids movies to keep them separate can you do this with the Zidoo I'll have to admit I'm getting interested

Nice review Steve, thanks this is just what I was looking for.

I'm hovering over buy...

Does it do HDMI-CEC and turn TV and receiver on when you switch it on?

I'm hovering over buy...

Does it do HDMI-CEC and turn TV and receiver on when you switch it on?

We all call cec the work of the devil !
it work then it wont it work then it wont !

more hassle having it on then what its worth you can buy a hdmi adapter from i think Amazon that may help aid it working fully .

Me Never Ever use it not worth the headache of if .

We all call cec the work of the devil !
it work then it wont it work then it wont !

more hassle having it on then what its worth you can buy a hdmi adapter from i think Amazon that may help aid it working fully .

Me Never Ever use it not worth the headache of if .

Hmmmm. I have it working perfectly in my current setup - worried about rocking the boat...

The more devices you add then the more mysterious it and their behavior become :)

Well this would be replacing my Shield Pro, so hopefully be ok with the same number of devices

Well this would be replacing my Shield Pro, so hopefully be ok with the same number of devices

You may find it work then next firmware update it wont ……
the hdmi cec device may help out .

This cec is least important feature for me its what it can do Pic / Audio wise and the Lush Poster Art Wall .

You may find it work then next firmware update it wont ……
the hdmi cec device may help out .

This cec is least important feature for me its what it can do Pic / Audio wise and the Lush Poster Art Wall .

Is that the Lindy HDMI-CEC blocker? I still have a couple of those somewhere

Hi at the moment I use a Vero4K and use the kodi video library and have 2 separate profiles basically my movies and kids movies to keep them separate can you do this with the Zidoo I'll have to admit I'm getting interested

you can create categories on the home screen, for example there is all movies and I added a ‘4K’ option myself that shows only 4K movies.
I think you can also do this by genre, horror, thriller, kids etc but haven’t messed with that yet.
Also I have seen some options in the menu’s for child locks or locking out content but haven’t messed with this either.

Last edited:
you can create categories on the home screen, for example there is all movies and I added a ‘4K’ option myself that shows only 4K movies.
I think you can also do this by genre, horror, thriller, kids etc but haven’t messed with that yet.
Also I have seen some options in the menu’s for child locks or locking out content but haven’t messed with this either.

Hello dion 6,

you can look here, there are one or more examples with widgets for example, it may help you.

I think it's this link

See you soon

Shouldn't the very similarly priced Dune HD Pro Vision 4K Solo get a mention in the "alternatives" section, especially given its dual HDMI ouputs?

Shouldn't the very similarly priced Dune HD Pro Vision 4K Solo get a mention in the "alternatives" section, especially given its dual HDMI ouputs?
I was trying to pick something we've actually seen, but I'll add the Dune HD Pro Vision 4K Solo.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom