Zidoo Z1000 Pro Android TV Box Review & Comments

Great Review Steve
Good at last a Zidoo Product to get a Highly Recommended Award
with the Ever expanding things that these things do with there little issues that slowly get addresed with future firmware updates .

P.s. Were on - Home Theater 4.0 -

Last edited:
Does this output Dolby Vision on mkv ripped from 4K disc?

does this have full menu support for UHD, i have the M9702 and it works flawlessly but doesnt have the nice wall art feature which i think is kind of neat.

does this have full menu support for UHD, i have the M9702 and it works flawlessly but doesnt have the nice wall art feature which i think is kind of neat.

I too would like to know this. Having ripped all my disks, I've had to convert them to MKV to play on my Shield - so a) I'm taking up a tonne of additional space (having kept the original rips) and b) I lose all the extras. A player than can play the full rips, wtih Dolby Vision and a movie wall is the dream. Hopefully this one is the answer

Last edited:
Great Review Steve
Good at last a Zidoo Product to get a Highly Recommended Award
with the Ever expanding things that these things do with there little issues that slowly get addresed with future firmware updates .

P.s. Were on - Home Theater 4.0 -
Mark also gave the X9S a Highly Recommended Badge.

Mark also gave the X9S a Highly Recommended Badge.

That he did
it is a bit of a minefield getting all the inf right on all these ever changing Android boxes steve .
will be on H.T.v5.0 soon 😎😎

Ive posted a link to poss Auto trailer fix on my Thread .

Last edited:
Does this output Dolby Vision on mkv ripped from 4K disc?

I own this and yes MKV Dolby Vision works for all profiles MEL and FEL DV.

ISO,Folders with full menu support do not currently do Dolby Vision but will be solved in a future firmware. If you click on a full image you have a choice to play main movie which then will play in Dolby Vision or HDR 10+

I

Great review! - I've owned one of these players since they first came out last August and have to say it's superb. As you mention Steve, I bought it primarily for Video playback through my HTS but it is quite competent when playing High Definition Audio files too. Your review doesn't mention The USB Audio switch, which allows you to output to an external DAC and I'd like to correct you in that Gapless Playback is supported - there's no setting, the Z1000 Pro just senses it when it's required. There are firmware updates in the pipeline which will further support audio playback (eg. MCH DSD) particularly via HDMI.

I have just one niggle in that if you have a "senior moment" like I had the other day and place a HDD in the drive bay the wrong way round, you will find the door will still close leaving you to scratch your head as to why it doesn't connect to your Zidoo lol! But the door should not close if the HDD is inserted incorrectly, especially with "High-End" devices such as these.

Hope these comments help

ISO,Folders with full menu support do not currently do Dolby Vision but will be solved in a future firmware. If you click on a full image you have a choice to play main movie which then will play in Dolby Vision or HDR 10+

I

Thank you - getting so close to what I’m after!

Would be interesting to see how this compares performance wise to the shield pro.

Your review doesn't mention the USB Audio switch, which allows you to output to an external DAC and I'd like to correct you in that Gapless Playback is supported - there's no setting, the Z1000 Pro just senses it when it's required.
Thanks. I didn't know about these, I'll add them to the review.

No worries Steve - the USB switch is in settings btw, not a physical switch. I believe you can set one of the coloured remote buttons to turn it on or off :)

Thank you very much for this review, I will read your article later.

First of all I'm surprised by the 9/10 overall rating, which personally corresponds to a device that is almost perfect.

Edit:
A new FW will be available today, I'll check if they fixed some major problems.

Edit:
Doubt it will be released today for this model - usually they release for the Z9X first with the other models following on later

Media Players aren't really something I look at very often, but I do currently own a Mede8er MED1000X3D which I use to access Blu-ray rips stored as MKV containers on a NAS. I noted the mention of a video wall feature. Is the video wall possible in conjunction with files stored on an external NAS or would that feature be exclusive to files stored on an internal drive?

I've also seen the Zidoo Z10 Pro which seems to have all the same abilities and features within a smaller chassis for less money. Are these 2 models basically the same apart from their form factor and chassis construction?

Thank you very much for this review, I will read your article later.

First of all I'm surprised by the 9/10 overall rating, which personally corresponds to a device that is almost perfect.

Edit:
So you're questioning my scoring without having read the review, is that right? No consumer product is perfect, and even a score of 10 wouldn't mean that it's perfect, just that it's the best in class. I didn't feel I'd reviewed enough media boxes to make that call, but the Z1000 Pro certainly deserves a 9/10 in my opinion.

Hello Steve,

So you're questioning my rating without having read the review, is that right?

-Yes, I admit that I am still surprised

No consumer product is perfect, and even a score of 10 doesn't mean it's perfect, just that it's the best in its class.

-Thank you for this clarification

Which device I didn't feel like I reviewed enough media boxes to judge, but the Z1000 Pro certainly deserves a 9/10 in my opinion.

-And I'm very happy that you tested this model and that we can exchange our opinions.

I will read your review

See you soon

Media Players aren't really something I look at very often, but I do currently own a Mede8er MED1000X3D which I use to access Blu-ray rips stored as MKV containers on a NAS. I noted the mention of a video wall feature. Is the video wall possible in conjunction with files stored on an external NAS or would that feature be exclusive to files stored on an internal drive?

I've also seen the Zidoo Z10 Pro which seems to have all the same abilities and features within a smaller chassis for less money. Are these 2 models basically the same apart from their form factor and chassis construction?

The same apart from form factor ,
internal power supply , Remote has Bluetooth Also & diff ui .
The Z10 Pro Will output the same picture as the Z1000 Pro .
Z10 Pro internal drive is acessed via the side the Z1000 Pro from front drop down panel .

Doubt it will be released today for this model - usually they release for the Z9X first with the other models following on later

Hello Rozel,

How is it going,

I never said otherwise.

As you frequent the Zidoo forum, you must know that the FW for the Z9X, Z10 PRO and Z1000 PRO are the same and that the improvements or others will be identical for the 3 boxes

Zidoo is on vacation for the next 3 days, we can hope to have the FW for all model...

Unless Mirror decides otherwise at the last minutes

See you soon

Hello Rozel,

How is it going,

I never said otherwise.

As you frequent the Zidoo forum, you must know that the FW for the Z9X, Z10 PRO and Z1000 PRO are the same and that the improvements or others will be identical for the 3 boxes

Zidoo is on vacation for the next 3 days, we can hope to have the FW for all models unless mirror decides otherwise.

See you soon

Hey! This is a Z1000 Pro thread and you gave the impression it would be available today. If it is then great! It would be a first though as, as you know full well, firmwares are relased for the Z9X first.

I

Thanks a lot mate.

Sorry for being a pain. Please can you confirm if mkv file created via latest MakeMKV from 4K UHD disc will output DV / HDR10+ if these are present?

Thanks a lot mate.

Sorry for being a pain. Please can you confirm if mkv file created via latest MakeMKV from 4K UHD disc will output DV / HDR10+ if these are present?
If you have a display that will support both of these formats then yes. Mine is a HDR10+ display and before Zidoo enhanced their settings across the range, I got a HDfury Vertex2, and can watch in LLDV superbly!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom