Zidoo Z1000 Pro Android TV Box Review & Comments

Hi fellow Zidoo users. What hard drives are you using to put in the HDD bay? I was thinking about a Western Digital Red? Does it matter that it is a NAS HDD?

Cheers.

No it will work just fine like any other HDD

I'm a Zappiti One 4k HDR owner and am looking at upgrading to a new media player like the Zidoo Pro1000.

A few questions...

I tend to use it mainly for home movies, some movie clips and playing music so would normally use the file explorer for navigating and playing my movie clips rather than the 'movie jukebox'. With this in mind what is the file explorer feature like and is the font large enough to see well on a 4K 65" TV? (this was an issue with my Zappiti).

My home movies are in various formats with different resolutions, frame rates, bit rates and aspect ratios, i.e. SD 576i (4:3), HD 1080 50i/24/50p, 4K 24/25/30/50p (SDR/HLG). Bit rates can go up to 100mbps on the 4K files.
My Zappiti tends to handle most of these well on the auto setting (but no HLG support!), so is there a similar auto option on the Zido or would i be constantly having to change the settings to match the source? More recently I have started shooting in 10bit 4K 50 HLG and would like to view it 'as is' rather than it converted to a different HDR mode (if that is an issue on the Zidoo?).

3. Can it play 4K h264 in a MP4 or MKV container?

4. Can it play 576i without de-interlacing?

5.Some of my audio flac files are in DTS/DD5.1 and Dolby Atmos. Will these pass through to my amp with the multi channels maintained?

6. Does it have a decent photo gallery/slideshow feature?
I've yet to see decent jpeg playback quality on ANY media player ( 2 x PCHs and 1 x Zappiti) as they don't add any processing and upscaling/downscaling can look very soft with 'jaggedy' lines, so i always us my TV's built in player.

Last edited:
I found an issue with the Z1000 Pro and the Neo too. If you write (copy files) to an 18TB WD hard drive connected via USB to the Zidoo, it causes data corruption. Files disappear etc. You then have to then run a chkdsk to repair the drive, assuming it’s formatted as NTFS. I tried more than one 18Tb hard drive and a second Z1000 Pro, so it’s definitely an issue with the Zidoo or chipset used. I tried copying files using smb over the network and locally using the Zidoo file explorer and with latest firmware too. Smaller hard drives are not affected. I’m an IT consultant so i would like to think i know what i am doing 😏

I found an issue with the Z1000 Pro and the Neo too. If you write (copy files) to an 18TB WD hard drive connected via USB to the Zidoo, it causes data corruption. Files disappear etc. You then have to then run a chkdsk to repair the drive, assuming it’s formatted as NTFS. I tried more than one 18Tb hard drive and a second Z1000 Pro, so it’s definitely an issue with the Zidoo or chipset used. I tried copying files using smb over the network and locally using the Zidoo file explorer and with latest firmware too. Smaller hard drives are not affected. I’m an IT consultant so i would like to think i know what i am doing 😏
There is just support for max16 TB, everything more is at your own risk.

There is just support for max16 TB, everything more is at your own risk.
Thanks. I fed back my findings to Zidoo. They have now updated their website. The chipset supports up to 18Tb hard drives. However the Z1000Pro only supports upto 14Tb. Not 16Tb. (Previously said 18Tb). The UHD3000 supports upto 16Tb. It still says the Neo Alpha supports upto 18Tb, so i have asked for clarification if this is correct.

Where does it say over 16Tb is at own risk?

Last edited:
Says an non IT Consultant. 😝😝
Please keep message’s respectful to others. derogatory comments and laughing at others is not acceptable towards other members. Thankyou.
The Zidoo web site originally stated that the Z1000 Pro supports upto 18Tb hard drives. Clearly this was inaccurate information. They have now updated it to say it supports upto 14Tb; after the feedback i provided.

Last edited:
Please keep message’s respectful to others. derogatory comments and laughing at others is not acceptable towards other members. Thankyou.
The Zidoo web site originally stated that the Z1000 Pro supports upto 18Tb hard drives. Clearly this was inaccurate information. They have now updated it to say it supports upto 14Tb; after the feedback i provided.

If you Bothered Reading my Zidoo Thread i state 16tb Max
or if you also read this thread Steve Withers Review also states 16tb for the Zidoo also .

& if you take offence for this comment also well.…….

So, is this device or the Z9X able to playback Dolby Vision with Atmos in MKV remuxes?

I have a Zidoo UHD3000 and it plays back my files which are on an 18tb hard drive just fine never had any problem with movie playback using 18TB foirmatted to 16.3TB of available hard drive space I ahve it filled wall to wall and it plays perfectly.

Hi,

I thought this would benefit the people in this thread. I did a youtube video of Zidoo players comparing them all, and the Z9x was the clear value-for-money winner :) Please hit the like button on the video :D

Thank you

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom