ZIDOO Z10 / Z9s 4K HDR Owners Thread

I’ve encountered a frustrating problem using my Zidoo Z10 and Z9s and wondered if anyone had any suggestions. Both boxes are running 2.2.97 / 3.0.40 (H.T.)

I run an UNRAID server with two SMB shares, TV Shows and Films. The Z10 is the main player in the living room, and consistently loses connection to the Films share, and occasionally to the TV Show share.

The result of this when I am in the poster wall is that the wall goes blank, then usually repopulates a few seconds later after the connection is re-established. Occasionally, however, the Zidoo does not reconnect to the Film share, and displays the “INVALID” status in the attached image.

If this occurs during playback, the video will freeze, requiring a restart. This can happen several times during a film, which obviously ruins the experience.

The Z9S is in the bedroom upstairs, and connected to the shares via wi-fi. It exhibits the same behaviour, frequently losing the Films share.

As a result of this, I picked-up an Nvidia Shield TV Pro to test in comparison, both via Wi-Fi and Ethernet. The Shield holds its connection to both shares without an issue. The problem with the Shield is I much prefer the Zidoo H.T.3 interface – vanilla Kodi is flat and unattractive.

Has anyone encountered this issue before? Should I revert back to a 2.X version of H.T?

Attachments

• Zidoo.jpg
    Zidoo.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 139
Maybe ip conflict? I resolve this by making my unraid server have a static ip. Just a guess though.

I’ve encountered a frustrating problem using my Zidoo Z10 and Z9s and wondered if anyone had any suggestions. Both boxes are running 2.2.97 / 3.0.40 (H.T.)

I run an UNRAID server with two SMB shares, TV Shows and Films. The Z10 is the main player in the living room, and consistently loses connection to the Films share, and occasionally to the TV Show share.

The result of this when I am in the poster wall is that the wall goes blank, then usually repopulates a few seconds later after the connection is re-established. Occasionally, however, the Zidoo does not reconnect to the Film share, and displays the “INVALID” status in the attached image.

If this occurs during playback, the video will freeze, requiring a restart. This can happen several times during a film, which obviously ruins the experience.

The Z9S is in the bedroom upstairs, and connected to the shares via wi-fi. It exhibits the same behaviour, frequently losing the Films share.

As a result of this, I picked-up an Nvidia Shield TV Pro to test in comparison, both via Wi-Fi and Ethernet. The Shield holds its connection to both shares without an issue. The problem with the Shield is I much prefer the Zidoo H.T.3 interface – vanilla Kodi is flat and unattractive.

Has anyone encountered this issue before? Should I revert back to a 2.X version of H.T?

any reason your on old firmware ?
the new one updates smb version that poss maybe your issue .

Maybe ip conflict? I resolve this by making my unraid server have a static ip. Just a guess though.

I have now reserved an I.P. address for the UNRAID server in my router.

any reason your on old firmware ?
the new one updates smb version that poss maybe your issue .

I have upgraded the firmware to the latest available versions. Will test both out tonight. Thanks for the replies.

I have now reserved an I.P. address for the UNRAID server in my router.

I have upgraded the firmware to the latest available versions. Will test both out tonight. Thanks for the replies.

Resolved ?

Sadly not. when connected via ethernet to the router, the Z10 froze during an episode of Futurama, a file that only clocks in at 450mb. IT is definitely not a throughput issue, nor one of the Zidoo's playback capability, which is perfect when it's freezing / dropping connection.

Sadly, everything I have thrown at the Shield TV Pro has just always worked, which is really frustrating, and suggests it is not an issue with UNRAID or fixed I.P. addresses, but a Zidoo firmware issue.

I'm going to try testing the Z9S further, as i've been mostly concentrating on the Z10.

All very strange. Thanks for everyone's help so far.

Does the latest H.T. 3 firmware come wrapped up in the main Z10/Z9S firmware installer, or does it need to be upgraded seperately?

latest firmware includes latest H.T.v3++

or can add seperately if you wish .

I changed my router and this changed the IP address of my nas source which effects the zidoo library. Is there a way to edit the old nas source ip without having to add new source and then scan? If I scan a new source I think I will lose my custom library and then I would have to redo again.

I changed my router and this changed the IP address of my nas source which effects the zidoo library. Is there a way to edit the old nas source ip without having to add new source and then scan? If I scan a new source I think I will lose my custom library and then I would have to redo again.
In your routers settings you should be able to reserve an IP address for any source. Give your NAS a reserved IP then reboot the NAS.

There is a way to scan sources and retain the original custom wallpapers you don’t even need the old source plugged in. I think it saves to local memory and then you scan using that, used it myself recently when switching from the DAS to NAS worked a treat as long as your source folders are setup the same otherwise it rescans everything without using the custom ones.

Installed, no issues and faster frame rate switching is faster :)

cant test yet !
frame rate switching faster for 1080p / 4K movies or all to do with 3D playback ?

Can anyone tell me if HDR-SDR conversion works fine on Z9S?

Also 3D ISO files are displayed fine, with no problems like ghosting or anything like this?

Thank you!

ZIDOO_Z9S v2.3.35 public beta firmware
Model: ZIDOO_Z9S
Version number: v2.3.35
Download link: http://apidl.zidoo.tv/Z9S/v2.3.35/ZIDOO_Z9S_N_v2.3.35_202009091655_ota-package.zip
MD5: 397B579E50AA95B559528EDD29CCC8C3
Upgrade method: OTA
Changelog (Google translate):
Spoiler
System
1. Increase screen saver function
2. Add support for aiff music files
3. Optimize DLNA projection function
4. Add Czech language adaptation
5. Repair 3D seamless playback
Player
1. Add press the information button to display poster information
2. Fix the problem of pressing the function key to continue playing during pause
3. Optimize subtitle download
4. Optimize the function of forced subtitles
5. Optimize the display of player poster information
6. Fix the problem that the local player's bit rate gets wrong
7. Added file name display for local player information key
8. Fix the problem that the shortcut keys cannot switch chapters
9. Optimize frame rate switching
Picture manager
1. New revision of functions
2. Add custom folder function
3. Add the function of setting folders as screensaver pictures
4. Optimize the slideshow function
5. Fix the problem that the vertical screen picture is stretched in the slide show
6. Add the function of exclude folder
Poster wall:
1. Upgrade version 4.0
2. Optimize the sorting function of the navigation interface
3. Fix the problem that Douban cannot match
4. Solve the problem that the child lock will be ignored when playing directly
5. Fix the problem of incorrect data after sorting widgets
6. Optimize the ratio of local trailers
7. Optimize the sorting function
8. Optimize the details interface
9. Fix the problem of incorrect TV viewing records
10. Modify the problem that the detailed title is too long
11. When optimizing the list display, the letter navigation and the left side column prompt the picture at the same time
12. Optimize TV series matching
13. Fix the problem that Douban cannot match
14. Add the launch time setting of the trailer in the detail interface
Music player
1. Re-upgrade music version 6.0
2. Optimize album matching logic
3. Increase the folder function
4. Optimize the detailed interface display
5. Increase music setting function
6. Added support for multiple formats (aiff, nrg, etc.)
7. Increase CD interface information display
8. Optimize playback stability
Main interface
1. Optimize the boot display speed
2. Shortcuts add sorting function (press the menu key or long press the OK key)
3. Optimize animation fluency
Quick settings
1. Increase screen saver settings
4. Add input method selection settings
File manager
1. Optimize the display of playback records
2. Increase the playback record display switch
3. Fix the problem that the wallpaper of the file manager is not synchronized occasionally
Blu-ray navigation
1. Increase the function of the information button to display movie information
2. Fix the problem of not being able to navigate after entering the screensaver
Сontrol сenter
1. Optimize connection stability
App installer
1. Optimize webpage installation function
ZDMC v18.8

I'm on 2.3.30. OTA update has never worked for me. Just comes up "you are up to date". Any idea what the reason is? It is a PITA to do via USB as kit is in loft. Sore knees!

Martin

I'm on 2.3.30. OTA update has never worked for me. Just comes up "you are up to date". Any idea what the reason is? It is a PITA to do via USB as kit is in loft. Sore knees!

Martin
It never appears on the player when you check for a new updates. I always download to a USB stick and install from that.

My friends ,

I want to unroot my Z10 because some apps are detecting that the box is rooted and they don't work .

Please let me know how to do it .

I tried several apps with no result

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom