ZIDOO Z10 / Z9s 4K HDR Owners Thread

I have a z9s not xseries.!

Be cautious and aware guys - these aren't official releases. That site is an unofficial Russian source.

Be cautious and aware guys - these aren't official releases. That site is an unofficial Russian source.

Not a problem for me j have numerous test boxes to test with .
hence why i alwys advise people to update at there own risk if there feeling brave and know how to downgrade .......

I keep toying with the idea of getting one of these. Does anyone know - can the Zidoo media player use Google Drive as a source? My understanding is it can't, so I'd have to use Kodi for that. Is that right?

I keep toying with the idea of getting one of these. Does anyone know - can the Zidoo media player use Google Drive as a source? My understanding is it can't, so I'd have to use Kodi for that. Is that right?

As such this player is mainly catered for The movie Buff / Audio etc
As in you have stored Movies be it in 2K / 4K stored on Hard drive / Ssd or over a network system etc .

The Z10 has internal storage so can use a 3.5 hard drive which you can load movies as you go .

Z9s the same as such without internal storage

Both use Zidoo own version of Kodi called H.T.v3.0 which has been posted on here what it does etc .

Just wanting to make sure any potential buyer of a Zidoo box isn't misled by the last sentence in the DELUCAS post immediately above. HT 3.0 is most certainly NOT Zidoo's own version of Kodi. It can perform some of the jobs that Kodi can perform eg. playing movie and video files but it doesn't appear to share any of the Kodi codebase. Zidoo do however have their own version of Kodi which is called ZDMC. It is currently based on Kodi version 18.4 and can be downloaded from the Zidoo Community forum which can be found on the main Zidoo website. ZDMC provides better support for the Zidoo hardware than the standard version of Kodi which you'll find on the Kodi website or the Google Play Store. It's not clear at the moment if there will be any further development of ZDMC (the standard Kodi is now at v18.7).

--
JB

Just wanting to make sure any potential buyer of a Zidoo box isn't misled by the last sentence in the DELUCAS post immediately above. HT 3.0 is most certainly NOT Zidoo's own version of Kodi. It can perform some of the jobs that Kodi can perform eg. playing movie and video files but it doesn't appear to share any of the Kodi codebase. Zidoo do however have their own version of Kodi which is called ZDMC. It is currently based on Kodi version 18.4 and can be downloaded from the Zidoo Community forum which can be found on the main Zidoo website. ZDMC provides better support for the Zidoo hardware than the standard version of Kodi which you'll find on the Kodi website or the Google Play Store. It's not clear at the moment if there will be any further development of ZDMC (the standard Kodi is now at v18.7).

--
JB

Just to clarify and what i said is that Zidoo is improving on there own version of As such Kodi / ZDMC [ H.T.v3.00 ]

And will / are dropping support for ZDMC as they update and improve there own version of H.T.v 3.++

Which is looking good by the way .

Hence why i did not mention It fully supports Kodi
the last ZDMC is at 18.4 and as far as i know no further updates announced.

They may release one last version but as far as ive heard they are concentrating on H.T.V 3++ ( There own version what ever its based on )

so no further updates on Kodi ( ZDMC )

unless they change there stance .

so anyone reading this knows where they stand before purchasing item .

If they want a media box that fully supports Kodi and the very latest version etc look elsewhere
unless as stated previously they change tactics .

Hope this all makes sense to everyone .

Thanks @DELUCAS. Reading between the lines, I'm gathering the Zidoo H.T. player doesn't support using Google Drive folders as a source.

The reason I ask is my content is stored locally and also remotely on GDrive (the latter providing very cost effective storage). Any media player I use has to be able to integrate these sources seamlessly. Both Kodi and Plex can do that - I was wondering if the Zidoo player could too.

Obviously my situation's relatively unusual, but it works for me, as I have very fast internet (>500mb/s DL; >200mb/s UL), so GDrive is a no brainer for storage.

Thanks @DELUCAS. Reading between the lines, I'm gathering the Zidoo H.T. player doesn't support using Google Drive folders as a source.

The reason I ask is my content is stored locally and also remotely on GDrive (the latter providing very cost effective storage). Any media player I use has to be able to integrate these sources seamlessly. Both Kodi and Plex can do that - I was wondering if the Zidoo player could too.

The Zidoo Support NFS,SMB V2,SMB V1 multiple sharing protocols
dont know if that will help you out at all as to stream it from google drive ?

as i dont use as mine are all stored via ssd .

maybe someonelse who knows about google drive etc can help as ive never used or ......

Can you take advantage or use for your req of nfs ,smb ?
just giving you my best advice i know to help .

By default in the ZIDOO Z9S we have the OpenWrt system running simultaneously, so we can use the system as an NFS, SAMBA, Aira2 or Transmission file server. To access the system we have to enter our IP to port 23, you have more information on your Wiki. We can configure the system in any other language.

Last edited:
Obviously my situation's relatively unusual, but it works for me, as I have very fast internet (>500mb/s DL; >200mb/s UL), so GDrive is a no brainer for storage.

Sounds costly to me. Compared to some on here I have modest local storage on my NAS of 8TB. The nearest plan on Google Drive is 10TB which costs £80 pm month or nearly £1,000 a year.

Sounds costly to me. Compared to some on here I have modest local storage on my NAS of 8TB. The nearest plan on Google Drive is 10TB which costs £80 pm month or nearly £1,000 a year.
That does sound high. I’ve got about 50TB on my NAS now, but admittedly half of that is dedicated to backup which I wouldn’t need with a Google Drive.

They would put me in the £240 per month bracket. My NAS set up was expensive, but less than the cost of a single year of the Google service.

It’s definitely a great idea though and I’d consider it if/when it comes down in price a bit.

Quite a lot of people use G-Suite accounts, which are less than £10pm. I gather there isn't a limit on storage - I've got about 8TB on my drive. I'll probably migrate to entirely local storage at some point, but it definitely wouldn't be as cost effective.

The Z10 has internal storage so can use a 3.5 hard drive which you can load movies as you go .
Z9s the same as such without internal storage
What do you mean by 'load movies as you go'?

At the moment I'm not planning on using a network, but simply loading disks onto my HDD as I get them, so (whilst knowing nothing about the pros and cons of each device) I was guessing it was best just to use an external HDD, which can then be easily moved and plugged into the PC.

What are the advantages to have an internal HDD instead?

What do you mean by 'load movies as you go'?

At the moment I'm not planning on using a network, but simply loading disks onto my HDD as I get them, so (whilst knowing nothing about the pros and cons of each device) I was guessing it was best just to use an external HDD, which can then be easily moved and plugged into the PC.

What are the advantages to have an internal HDD instead?

For my personal req as everyone is different on here
i choosed the Zidoo Z10 model as had internal storage so no as such cables or hard drives hanging out the side or cables etc .

For me i use Samsung ssd so no internal fan cooling req So its Silent running .
( hearing many use 3.5 inch hard drives without cooling fan on ) i just use a usb Stick drive to install new 2K / 4K Movies / tv series as i go.

The Z9s Model you will have to plug in via cable to your 3.5 drive or ( as has no internal storage ) Network to your pc or ........
Z10 model can also be network also .

For me it works as no Network issues or poss delays in streaming etc
so mine is direct with less hassle mine just plays the Movies .

Note : many use networking without any issues .

Thanks for the reply DELUCAS.
For my personal req as everyone is different on here
i choosed the Zidoo Z10 model as had internal storage so no as such cables or hard drives hanging out the side or cables etc .

For me i use Samsung ssd so no internal fan cooling req So its Silent running .

( hearing many use 3.5 inch hard drives without cooling fan on ) i just use a usb Stick drive to install new 2K / 4K Movies / tv series as i go.
Oh I see. Is it not possible to copy new movies via your LAN?

And doesn't using an SSD mean you're having to delete movies to make space?

For me it works as no Network issues or poss delays in streaming etc
so mine is direct with less hassle mine just plays the Movies .
I like the sound of that, I wasn't planning on using a network, but then devices without an internal drive can do that simply with an external drive - what you're gaining (as you said) is the lack of wires etc. It's neater, but then maybe not so easy to add new titles?

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply DELUCAS.

Oh I see. Is it not possible to copy new movies via your LAN?

And doesn't using an SSD mean you're having to delete movies to make space?

I like the sound of that, I wasn't planning on using a network, but then devices without an internal drive can do that simply with an external drive - what you're gaining (as you said) is the lack of wires etc. It's neater, but then maybe not so easy to add new titles?
[/QUOTE]

I dont load any old movie on and moving on to a 4Tb ssd shortly so more space for the future .

if its networked up you can stream to whatever its connected or drive capacity etc

As i dont use networks etc

someone else can put there two cents worth in as i dont use the networking side of things on these .

I dont load any old movie on
Understood.
if its networked up you can stream to whatever its connected or drive capacity etc

As i dont use networks etc

someone else can put there two cents worth in as i dont use the networking side of things on these
Whilst accepting you don't use the networking, I'm guessing it's standard for any of these equal devices (Zappiti, Dune) which have an internal drive to allow you to copy movies over the network. That alone would make it worthwhile for me. While I don't want to watch films from the network, it would be very handy to copy them that way.

Understood.
Whilst accepting you don't use the networking, I'm guessing it's standard for any of these equal devices (Zappiti, Dune) which have an internal drive to allow you to copy movies over the network. That alone would make it worthwhile for me. While I don't want to watch films from the network, it would be very handy to copy them that way.

whatever the Zappiti , Dune are cabable of network wise the Zidoo will as such do the same there all the same type spec give or take .

Think you can copy from netwok to your Zidoo to a hard drive .

Can someone confirm on here to make sure .

Update : check your box H.T.v 3.0.40 should have been pushed through with OTA update . 😎😎

Beta beta i will install and test shortly

Updated a couple of power off as per usual
seems to be working ok
Task killer : boots out but i think its because ive loaded so much as this is one my beta test box .
Hello screen dissapears once boot up and settles nicely to the usual display items .

Model: ZIDOO_Z10
Version number: v2.3.30
MD5: 14D3244EF6A3ED6DA1ADCF21912ED6AC
Upgrade method: OTA
Download: http://apidl.zidoo.tv/Z10/v2.3.30/ZIDOO_Z10_N_v2.3.30_202005281804_ota-package.zip

Changelog (Google translate):
System
1. Fixed the issue that the local video played occasionally stuck
2. Optimize the smoothness of online video playback

Music
1. Fix the problem of no channel number display
2. Fix the problem of getting sampling rate error
3. Optimize folder scanning function
4. Optimize album logic
5. Optimize the front panel information display
6. CD playback adds song information
7. Optimization can not match online

Player
1. Fix the issue that the movie name is displayed wrongly
2. Add shortcut keys for subtitle download
3. Optimize the subtitle deletion function
4. Optimize the custom font function
5. After the location of the external SRT subtitle is set, the location of the built-in text subtitle will also change
6. Fix Swedish subtitles recognized as Swahili, Romanian is marked as Russian

File manager
1. Increase SMB3.0 support
2. Add file filter switch
3. Fix the problem that the SACD files collected will be played in video mode

Poster wall
1. Update to the new interface of Poster Wall 3.0
2. Optimize the title recognition, compatible with the "season x. episode xx" video
3. When adding to the collection, the focus control of the collection list
4. Solve the problem of possible crash when scanning occasionally
5. Automatically categorized collection movies, adding "Remove Collection" function
6. Optimized movie added to the collection function
7. TV series category added to the left column of the home page
8. The movie details interface adds a trailer function (can be turned off in the settings)
9. Optimize the display of the new collection of personalized pictures
10. Solve the problem that the pictures of Douban matching movies are not clear
11. Optimize the function of getting local pictures automatically if the movie has no poster when the priority local picture switch is turned off
12. Rematch and add poster preview function
13. Solve the problem that the details of the video resolved through NFO will occasionally crash.
14. When the child lock password protection is closed, the main interface will no longer display the lock icon
15. Solve the problem that movies with the same title in different years will be matched into the same movie
16. Added CLEARLOGO function in the detail interface
17. Increase the function of Pop-up button of remote control
18. Solve the problem of "scanning" when adding devices
19. Solve the problem that the change of poster language does not take effect
20. Optimized sorting function
21. Priority search for TMDb during smart search
22. Optimize the child lock function
23. Search interface adds full keyboard input function
24. Add category browsing mode
25. Add custom widget function
26. Add custom classification function
27. Increase the viewing history of recently added forced time reverse display
28. Fix the problem that the widget external device does not display occasionally
29. The main interface widget adds region selection
30. Add custom function to the main interface type
31. Fix the problem that the main interface type is displayed in English individually
32. The main interface device adds a browsing mode (file and poster browsing)
33. It is recommended to add a display switch on the main interface
34. Recently added to increase the default sorting settings (add time and file time)
35. Add local trailer feature (movie name. trailer.mp4)
36. Added alphabet navigation function on the poster list interface
37. Optimize the trailer playback logic
38. Modify the default layout size of the poster list interface
39. Add the function of clearing application data
40. Optimize application stability

HDMI IN
1. Add PIP adjustable position and size function

DLNA
1.Fixed the issue that the playback ratio of individual videos is incorrect

Control center
1. Add whether authorization confirmation switch is needed
2. Add mobile phone sleep interface

Hot key
1. Add shortcut keys for subtitle download

Application installer
1. Optimize web installation function
2. Support mobile phone installation

Mobile phone control
Android

1. Optimize connected device management
2. Add the function of installing local applications
ios
1. Add screenshot save phone function
2. Add the function of sharing APP files to the machine

Last edited:
Right just loaded everything onto a Synology NAS having been using a WD My Book Duo connected via USB. I’ve got it running fine over the network on my PC setting up a shared network drive and seen it happily topping out at the blu-ray max of 144mb/s (Avengers Infinity War during the Thanos planet fight) so network is all good.

Now the Z9S connected directly to the NAS I can see it in SMB but once I try and connect it’s asking for a username and password but the one I use for the server doesn’t work or any combination of nothing or admin etc. so now I’m at a loss as to how to connect.

Any ideas? It seems like it should be simple but alas no dice yet.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom