ZIDOO Z10 / Z9s 4K HDR Owners Thread

Does anyone have Godzilla KOTM 3D in a MVC 3D MKV format working? As soon as I play it, whether it’s my Atmos muxed version, straight 3D or 3D with no audio, I just get a black screen and then it won’t play.

If I then restart it, it then appears as 2D with no MVC_3D option but I can select any of the other 3D options and it seems to work. Looking at the info it looks exactly the same as all my other 3D films so no idea why it’s not working?!

I converted Toy Story 4 at the same time and it works fine as do my other Atmos muxed films like Skull Island.

This has attempt to fix seamless branching. Will test this tonight. Fingers crossed

seamless branching well is hit or miss ?

seamless branching well is hit or miss ?

A miss :(

First test on 'optimised' seamless branching is an epic fail. Thor Ragnarok UHD has first M2TS join at 4m 25s. Previous firmware stuck here. So does this. Other checks on problematic disks show no improvement at all. Disappointing. With recent firmware's with a long list of fixes none have addressed or fixed seamless branching and hit and miss blu ray menu support

From what I have gathered, the zappiti one SE HDR is the one I will like to get due to its HDMI audio out. I have an older Onkyo. 90% of it use will be local files, 4k HDR and standard files and loads of music videos. @mtenga I believe you have used zappiti for a while, is it still worth to spend £319 for the zappiti one se hdr? My goal is to get an 8TB in it with a couple of usb 3 hard disk connected to the back. Many people recommend the shield pro but I don't think it's great for my assorted local files.

From what I have gathered, the zappiti one SE HDR is the one I will like to get due to its HDMI audio out. I have an older Onkyo. 90% of it use will be local files, 4k HDR and standard files and loads of music videos. @mtenga I believe you have used zappiti for a while, is it still worth to spend £319 for the zappiti one se hdr? My goal is to get an 8TB in it with a couple of usb 3 hard disk connected to the back. Many people recommend the shield pro but I don't think it's great for my assorted local files.

Older chipset they use 1295 !
hdmi Audio output is 1.4a !
Older Android 6.00 !

unless specs have changed ?

Older Android 6.00 !

Specs are just specs as far as media players go. Zappiti is still my go to player because by and large it is reliable and has an excellent media centre. Never been able to say that about Zidoo.

Zappiti is fine for UHD video, all the second outs on media players are 1.4. It is for audio only so I am not sure what your point is since it will do Atmos/DTSx etc...?

As to the older version of Android that is equally nonsensical as a point. It is about how it players media files not its use as a tablet.

Older Android 6.00 !

I have a panny D902 and onkyo nr929 I will be fine with it. I can still enjoy my HDR format as it has 2 hdmi out. I think some people have issues with the zidoo playing uhd files. There is a z10 and an X10 in this forum for £190 and £140 respectively but I'm not keen on that. I will get the zappiti on Monday, God willing.

They are not particularly good prices on used Zidoo models. A new Z10 is around 230 and X10 is the previous series. Either way I'd personally rather pay 300+ for the Zap.

Bear in mind all of these models are fairly old now and we expect newer models this year. But if you need now...

I have a panny D902 and onkyo nr929 I will be fine with it. I can still enjoy my HDR format as it has 2 hdmi out. I think some people have issues with the zidoo playing uhd files. There is a z10 and an X10 in this forum for £190 and £140 respectively but I'm not keen on that. I will get the zappiti on Monday, God willing.
Enjoy the Zappiti, its a decent player.

I've had no issues playing UHD rips on any of my X series boxes by the way.

I have the X10 and no issues with playing HD or UHD.

Only have issues with SD as the X10 always plays the SD in 4:3 even when the film/episode is in 16:9 so have to change it manually to 16:9. Annoying.

i have owned 5 Zidoo media boxes over the years plays HD / UHD Movies internally stored not had any issues and sold one to a friend and they have had well over a year and are happy with there X10 also .

Enjoy the Zappiti

Zidoo / Zappiti / Himedia they all have there flaws sadly .........

Updated to 2.3.10 on my Z10

just to let others know it req a few shut downs and main unplug before it settles itself .
“Hello “ screen remained on but as usual req a few shut downs before it removes itself .
usb icon now displayed so far .

so far so good and id imagine some gremlins i will notice .

H.T.v2 2.51
HappyCast v8.2.31
Quick settings v2.0.7
Media Center v3.4.8

update : A / B Movie Posters are in reverse when selecting to watch minor bug

Last edited:
Has anyone ever had really slow file transfer over network wired? Literally getting 10mb on my Z10. It's strange because it used to get 100mb.

Zidoo team add something like this in the next firmware update !
be handy for people to do a quick check up etc
add it in the other pic samples on the settings page .
80F9C8D6-FFE3-4179-A8FF-63B720957991.png

how to connect zidoo having older receiver with hdmi 1.4a DENON 2312 + TV sony xf9005 with hdmi 2.0?

I want to watch 4K movies with HDR, only let dolby truehd sound on the receiver

how to connect zidoo having older receiver with hdmi 1.4a DENON 2312 + TV sony xf9005 with hdmi 2.0?

I want to watch 4K movies with HDR, only let dolby truehd sound on the receiver

i take it your tv is 4K ?
only way is to connect to your amp via optical but you wont get the all surround formats sadly only DD 5.1 maybe dts ?

Looks like there is a new Realtek chipset coming soon ?
RTD 1311
RTD 2893

poss maybe not for media playback box ........
but supports the new AV1 playback .

i take it your tv is 4K ?
only way is to connect to your amp via optical but you wont get the all surround formats sadly only DD 5.1 maybe dts ?
yes TV 4K
Why Zidoo has two HDMI?
can't send audio on one hdmi? on the second hdmi image?

yes TV 4K
Why Zidoo has two HDMI?
can't send audio on one hdmi? on the second hdmi image?

1 Hdmi port is Hdmi out
2 Hdmi port is Hdmi in [ for recording ]

no you cant

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom