Quantcast

ZIDOO Z10 / Z9s 4K HDR Owners Thread

karipu

Standard Member
Zidoo does not approve my iMacs SMB shared folders username and password.

However I'm sure the username and password are correct.

Is this known problem in Android media players?

Is there a fix?

mr gothic

hi im after a bit of help ive had a windows 10 update and now I cant stream from my pc shared folder anymore,ive checked smb1 and seems to ok the movie folder has all the read and write permissions,ive tried to add source on the zidoo z9s and I get the promt box to add username and password which I don't know ive tried all combinations I can think of to no availe any help would be great.

DELUCAS

Beta firmware :
Model:ZIDOO_Z10
Version:v2.2.96
Download: http://apidl.zidoo.tv/Z10/v2.2.96/ZIDOO_Z10_N_v2.2.96_201909211954_ota-package.zip
MD5 Hash: 771E9F43398BF8ED7EC290E3052106DB
Upgrade method:OTA

How to upgrade

If you have installed google play kit, please reinstall it after upgrade.

New ZDMC 18.3 http://apidl.zidoo.tv/app/zdmc-18.3_rtk-signed.apk
New Gapps 1.2.4 http://apidl.zidoo.tv/app/GappsInstaller-rtk-7.1_v1.2.4.apk

Changelog:
System:
1.Fix the occasional green screen problem of HDMI IN
2.Optimize optical RAW output.
3. Optimize the stability of system.
4. Add German and Polish language support.
5. Fix the occasional noise problem when playing video.
6. Fix the problem that some online video applications couldn‘t be played.
7. Color depth output 10bit by default.
8. Optimize application stability.
9. Optimize online playback.
10. Fix the problem that the front panel USB icon was not displayed.
11. Optimize seamless branching issue.
12. Fix occasional prompts ”the format is not supported“ when playing dts music via HIFI MUSIC APP.
Music Player
1. Solve occasional error message of playing the music through the file manager.
2. Lyrics closing function is added.
3. Add German and Polish language support.
4. Optimize stability of application.
5. Optimize the function of obtaining music information.
6. Optimize the problem of automatically switching the next track.
7. Fix the stuck problem of 64bit music players.
8. Optimize the music basic information interface.
9. Add album folder recognition function.
10. Solve the abnormal songs display problem in flac album folder.
11. Optimize the image recognition and profile text recognition of album folders.(need to clean the old data and rescan)
12. Fix the problem that some CUE songs are not successfully matched.
13. Optimize recognition error caused by suffix identifier of the folder.
14. Add scroll bar for list.
Control center
1. Add the function of uploading screen shots from mobile phone.
2. Optimize stability of connection .
3. QR code for downloading IOS and Android app.
Poster wall
1. Solve crash issue during the matching process.
2. Solve the problem of recognizing ISO music as ISO video.
3. Improve the recognition rate of files with parentheses in file names.
4. Compatible with title of file name with ”·“.
5. Optiнедопустимая ссылкаocal image recognition.
6. Fix inaccurate automatic update due to the incorrect judgment of the video file.
7. Solve the problem that the restore function of mobile phone control app does not work.
8. Add function to view folder directly in device list.
9. Add device synchronization function.
10. Solve jitter issue caused by long device name when scanning device.
11. Solve abnormal folder size display on folder viewing interface.
12. Solve losing focus problem after stop scanning in the device list interface.
13. Fix the issue that BD cannot be deleted.
14. Solve the problem that non-Chinese and non-English titles could not be matched.
15. Fix the problem that the poster modification from web page cannot select image on the computer.
16. Category browsing by movies/TV series.
17. Optimize accented characters incorrect sort issue.
18. Optimize the initialization speed of the sorting tool.
19. Solve the occasional crash problem on category browsing.
20. Turn on PIP by default.
Local player
1. Add Blu-ray forced subtitle.
2. Press the delete button on remote control to delete plug-in subtitle.
3. Add more information interface for app control.
4. Optimize the progress bar.
5. Optimize play button no response problem after popping up menus.
6. When switching to 3D mode, associated frame rate will pause time.
7. Fix the problem that bit rate 1b/s show up coincidentally.
8. Optimize some shortcut keys.
9. Fix the problem that the download subtitle from mobile phone is different form media player.
10. Add Playlist on Mobile phone App.
11. Add more information of video display on Mobile phone app.
Weather
1. Resolve some wrong data display issue.
Quick settings
1. Add function that forced subtitles follow the language of audio track.
2. Fix the problem of incomplete German display.
One-click cleaning
1. Add Polish language support.
2. Fix the abnormal focus problem in the APK file management user interface.

Last edited:

woody143

Standard Member
Its terms of video performance is the UHD2000/Z1000/X20 better than the Z9S (I dont listen to music)?
All of the following products uses the same SoC so I think that video processing quality will be on the same level. Differences are on sound and connectivity side - in my opinion.
UHD2000 and Z1000 also use changed UI that looks more premium but on z9s you can use it as well by installing new UI apk file.
If you don't listen music and you are using avr and streaming your movies by LAN, Wi-Fi or USB, I think z9s is better option (and a lot cheaper btw).

Last edited:

DELUCAS

New Zidoo Controller : 1.0.4 update for ipad out !

whirlpool

Standard Member
I installed Z9s firmware Version:v2.2.96 after previously running v2.1.41.
Streaming via NFS now results in stuttering e.g in Alita UHD.

Had to switch to using Samba.
Verified it was not a network issue, NFS works fine on a Dune Pro 4K and an Oppo 203.

Is this a new issue ?
Emailed Zidoo support about the issue.

I installed Z9s firmware Version:v2.2.96 after previously running v2.1.41.
Streaming via NFS now results in stuttering e.g in Alita UHD.

Had to switch to using Samba.
Verified it was not a network issue, NFS works fine on a Dune Pro 4K and an Oppo 203.

Is this a new issue ?
Emailed Zidoo support about the issue.
Hi which one has the best picture quality out of all your media players? From best to last on terms of numbers as well. Thank you

whirlpool

Standard Member
Hi which one has the best picture quality out of all your media players? From best to last on terms of numbers as well. Thank you
In order of picture quality and ability to play BDMV folders

Oppo 203 - Best PQ. Flawless, handles forced subs, seamless branching, obfuscated playlists, NFS.

Dune Pro 4K - Has the framerate issue (never bothered me) Otherwise, handles forced subs, seamless branching, obfuscated playlists, NFS. Handles everything I’ve played on it, but some users report issues with a few titles.

Zidoo Z9s - Has Forced Subs, but seamless branching issues even in 2.2.96 with freezes, unreliable blu-ray menu playback (e.g John Wick, can’t start from menu) doesn’t handle obfuscated playlists (misses Spider-Man trailer in Venom 4k) and now stutters with NFS playback.

woody143

Standard Member
Hi.
Anyone have problem with subtitles? Mine is displaying only srt. Txt or sub is not visible...
Any ideas? I have loaded last firmware but I have this problem from the beginning.
MKVs or ISOs no difference.

saguk1234

Slight problem. I changed my router and this changed the IP address of my nas source which effects the zidoo library. Is there a way to edit the old nas source ip without having to add new source and then scan? If I scan a new source I think I will lose my custom library and then I would have to redo my custom stuff. I think.

anuswara

Novice Member
Beta firmware :

Version:v2.2.96
Hi experts,
sorry some questions, my purpose is to find a very good mediaplayer for
tvset via HDMI that matches my requirements; I have to say that
unfortunately the very good and powerful Shield Tv 2017 (fw 8.0.1) is unable to match them, therefore I
plan to resend this box to Amazon.

1) I need that files 4K HDR can be downscaled to a old 1080 tv set.
Normal 4Ks
work fine with all players, but if the source is a file with HDR I become
audio only. Perhaps this is not possible.

2) There is a way to do "fast forward" and/or "frame-by-frame" in video,
connected via USB? [My little experience: on Plex and Google Play in Shield
TV I dont see these - old?? but useful - options].

3) There is a way to ZOOM photos in Gallery? that is important.

3bis) The photos in Gallery are organized via Date, I need them via File
Names, as it happens on a normal PC [On Shiled TV files renamed by my
"0001a, 0001b..." unfortunately are NOT displayed *after* the file 0001 and
*before 0002*, so I see them in an unacceptable random order!]

4) Now dear Friends the biggest problem:

all videos from my camera
sony.it/electronics/fotocamere-cyber-shot-compatte/dsc-rx100m5a/specifications
playback without audio! audio is ok on all other devices, inclusive an...old
Vista32 from 2007 and an Oppo from 2009!
I guess (better, I am sure) that the required codec is

pcm_s16be

into a MP4 (against the official specs) or - at least! - into the usual MKV.

This point # 4) is surely the most important for me, please attention ;)
[I dont want to demux, re-code the audio, remux, check for async: no, this
task belongs to the past not the present days].

So, finally the question:
what box or mediaplayer should I buy to avoid these (not appreciated)
suprises of ShieldTV?

Thanks a lot for suggestions and Best Regards

daveb975

Does anyone use these players to play high bitrate 4K files?

I have been using Apple TV 4K with Infuse as my main streamer and have recently found out that it doesn't support 'full fat' files with high bitrates. For example, my disc of Secret Life of Pets 2 players fine on my old Samsung disc player, but if I try to rip the file to MKV (no compression) and play it through the ATV 4K it is a jerky mess!

If the Zidoo can play these files it would be a good result for me as I actually have an X9s that I used to use for 3D files. It is packed away at the moment as the 3D element of my system is out of action, but if it works then I'll definitely try to find it over the weekend.

DELUCAS

I have been using Apple TV 4K with Infuse as my main streamer and have recently found out that it doesn't support 'full fat' files with high bitrates. For example, my disc of Secret Life of Pets 2 players fine on my old Samsung disc player, but if I try to rip the file to MKV (no compression) and play it through the ATV 4K it is a jerky mess!

If the Zidoo can play these files it would be a good result for me as I actually have an X9s that I used to use for 3D files. It is packed away at the moment as the 3D element of my system is out of action, but if it works then I'll definitely try to find it over the weekend.
The X series and Z series can playback High bit rate files .

daveb975

The X series and Z series can playback High bit rate files .
Thanks. I'm going to dig out my X9S at the weekend and I'll move back to that as my main streamer. I only moved to the Apple Tv as I preferred the interface and I use is for rentals/Netflix anyway.

I might even move up to a Z10 and keep my files on the internal drive as a backup.

Are there any PQ differences between the X and Z series?

I'm assuming you are a fan of the Zidoo PQ given the number of their boxes in your sig? Is there anything out there that offers better PQ in your opinion?

DELUCAS

Thanks. I'm going to dig out my X9S at the weekend and I'll move back to that as my main streamer. I only moved to the Apple Tv as I preferred the interface and I use is for rentals/Netflix anyway.

I might even move up to a Z10 and keep my files on the internal drive as a backup.

Are there any PQ differences between the X and Z series?

I'm assuming you are a fan of the Zidoo PQ given the number of their boxes in your sig? Is there anything out there that offers better PQ in your opinion?
There are more picture options if memory serves me correct on the Z series
the Z series is getting more support as the X series is very slowly getting dropped as such .

For my personal choice internal movies stored i find i dont come across issues as such .
but everyone has there own prefference .

Ultimate picture well its the oppo streamer box but again how long that gets support ?
but has not got the nice H.T. poster wall option as far as i know .

daveb975

There are more picture options if memory serves me correct on the Z series
the Z series is getting more support as the X series is very slowly getting dropped as such .

For my personal choice internal movies stored i find i dont come across issues as such .
but everyone has there own prefference .

Ultimate picture well its the oppo streamer box but again how long that gets support ?
but has not got the nice H.T. poster wall option as far as i know .
I looked at the Oppo, as I always wished I had bought one of their BD players before they shut down.

I do like the poster wall and UI, so I'll problem stick with the Zidoo. Do you think that there is any PQ advantage in running files through something like the Panasonic 820 4K Blu-ray player? I know that won;'t have the poster wall either, just considering options.

steelman1991

Reckon you have something else going on with your ATV. As a device it is more than capable of playing any "full fat" file I can throw at it. What are you ripping with?

daveb975

Reckon you have something else going on with your ATV. As a device it is more than capable of playing any "full fat" file I can throw at it. What are you ripping with?
MakeMKV.

It could be something to do with tvOS 13 breaking something in Infuse, but the strange thing is that a lot of my files play fine.

I have built up quite a collection on my NAS, but haven't really noticed this before as I haven't watched that many! I tend to watch a film on disc when I first buy it, then rip to NAS and store the disc, so it is only re-watches that ever use the NAS files.

I watched Hacksaw Ridge again the other night and it was perfect, but Secret Life of Pets 2 wasn't. I dug out both discs and they both play fine.

This got me testing quite a few of the other files. I watched short passages of about 20 4K films and at least half are affected. It is not stuttering exactly, more like an extreme jerkiness throughout the film.

1080p films are not affected at all, and 4K played on the Apple TV from Netflix or films I rent directly from Apple are fine.

At least setting up the Zidoo again should confirm if the files are good.

adam-burnley

Distinguished Member
MakeMKV.

It could be something to do with tvOS 13 breaking something in Infuse, but the strange thing is that a lot of my files play fine.

I have built up quite a collection on my NAS, but haven't really noticed this before as I haven't watched that many! I tend to watch a film on disc when I first buy it, then rip to NAS and store the disc, so it is only re-watches that ever use the NAS files.

I watched Hacksaw Ridge again the other night and it was perfect, but Secret Life of Pets 2 wasn't. I dug out both discs and they both play fine.

This got me testing quite a few of the other files. I watched short passages of about 20 4K films and at least half are affected. It is not stuttering exactly, more like an extreme jerkiness throughout the film.

1080p films are not affected at all, and 4K played on the Apple TV from Netflix or films I rent directly from Apple are fine.

At least setting up the Zidoo again should confirm if the files are good.
Is the ATV hardwired to your network or connected over wifi? Full 4k playback really needs a wired connection.

daveb975

Is the ATV hardwired to your network or connected over wifi? Full 4k playback really needs a wired connection.
Everything is wired with cat6 cable.

The problem is consistent as well, it’s always the same files that won’t play and all of the others always play fine.

daveb975

Thanks all. I couldn't wait until the weekend so the Zidoo is now back up and running and appears to work well with some of the files that the Apple TV/Infuse couldn't use.

One strange thing I have found is that the Zidoo doesn't seem to pick up all of the files on the NAS drive. One of the files I was having problems with was the original Mission Impossible film. When I go into the library, there is a poster for 'M:I Collection' but it only has two films rather than all of them.

I have checked all of the other posters to make sure they have not been mismatched and also the 'Other' folder for the ones that have no match, but I can't see the files there.

Do I need to rescan to find these files, and if so will that undo the manual updates/rematches that I have done?

Trending threads

Latest News

Disney developing AI based video compression
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Vizio announces Disney+ available on SmartCast TVs
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Audio-Technica reveals Kokutan and Asada Zakura headphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sky announces combined Sky Sports and BT Sport packages