ZIDOO - Z10 PRO - Z9X - Z1000 PRO - UHD 3000 - NEO A - NEO S - NEO X - Dolby Vision - Owners Thread

There dammed if they do !
& dammed if they dont !

Im just glad there frequently coming out with firmware circa monthly ……
yes there are still niggles to be addressed ( like always ) and additional features made added .

At least we get frequent updates not like some other Media box makers here . 😎😎

Yep no niggles here. Pleased with some of the updates actually. I think you have to go into these things with eyes open. Best to do a little research and if it doesn't do what you want or has a problem that will annoy/affect you then don't buy it.

Not Zidoo related but maybe coming to it …..

WiFi 7 will support up to 40 Gbps, offer improved cloud gaming and 8K streaming​

2024 /2024 Wi Fi 7 IEE 802.11be

2024! I mean most of the providers don’t even support WiFi 6 as standard on the full fibre packages.

I’ve got Swish Fibre at the moment which is one of the only ones which does and the Plume network stuff is great having an app to check things. How the big three can’t offer the same thing I don’t know plus it also has the same upload and download speeds.

Unfortunately the place I’m moving to doesn’t have them :(.

hi

im after a bit of help with a film called rage [1966] Rage (1966) - IMDb getting it matched on my zidoo z9x it comes up as silent rage with chuck norris ive tried rematch and the rage film i want isnt there in the options is there anything else i can try to get a match i have it as rage [1966] does putting the imdb tt0060882 after the title help or would the zidoo just ignore that?
must of my films zidoo has found without any intervention.

thank you for any help

hi

im after a bit of help with a film called rage [1966] Rage (1966) - IMDb getting it matched on my zidoo z9x it comes up as silent rage with chuck norris ive tried rematch and the rage film i want isnt there in the options is there anything else i can try to get a match i have it as rage [1966] does putting the imdb tt0060882 after the title help or would the zidoo just ignore that?
must of my films zidoo has found without any intervention.

thank you for any help

Try
Edit movie to just Rage and then do a manual search for it and scroll on left side mini posters to see your listed movie on what H.T.v4 lists etc

Poss workarounds
Lindy HDMI CEC Adapter
Strips CEC from the HDMI signal.
Useful to eliminate problems with CEC/ARC. Female to Male.

are you using supplied zidoo hdmi cable ?
change to certified Quality 4K premium one

failing all that looks like your Zidoo settings are not right or matched to your screen
or your edid is req to see whats going on and best set up options .

@mij has it been resolved ?

Try
Edit movie to just Rage and then do a manual search for it and scroll on left side mini posters to see your listed movie on what H.T.v4 lists etc
sorted thank you just had to change the first letter to a capital letter.

@mij has it been resolved ?
Yes and thanks to you and Furnace Inferno for all your help, I was just about to post after testing it as it is now working as it should..I am so glad I didn't waste any more time trying even more changes before the Lindy adaptor arrived, maybe one of these should be included in the box or a note with an explanation as it must be causing others these type of problems.

I am very happy with it so far, it is great with my 3D collection and I now have DV as well :thumbsup:

Firmware v6.3.66 is latest release at moment .

Z9X
v6.3.66
http://apidl.zidoo.tv/Z9X/v6.3.66/Z9X_P_v6.3.66_202112211656_ota-package.zip
MD5:5A5212DD43E14C629E6AA1916E7ED487

v6.3.66_G(Google play)
http://apidl.zidoo.tv/Z9X/v6.3.66/Z9X_P_v6.3.66_G_202112211834_ota-package.zip
MD5:E62121493FE03C7129DB75CCAF9C653B

If you get any Bluetooth Remote it can be used for the basic functions on your Zidoo and help navigation at least .
but wont power on unit .

Odd your now two remotes dont work . 😬😬
Dont forget keep Antennas connected & enable Bluetooth under settings plus you may have to navigate and locate your attached remote Etc .

has this been released for 1000 pro (non beta) ? (6.3.66)
I am confused, now see the newer 6.3.75 beta on zidoo site.

also re conversation from a week ago about import duty UK/EU.
EU, there is NO free allowance these days.
Many couriers take a huge fee for "customs" charges even when they should not.
It took me months to get paperwork package (zero value) I sent from UK to Spain via UPS, and get charges back. (25 euros). Also ebay uk package of £10 to spain, customs wanted 30 euros in charges. Told them to stuff it and return to sender. Normal post is ok.

It took me months to get paperwork package (zero value) I sent from UK to Spain via UPS, and get charges back. (25 euros). Also ebay uk package of £10 to spain, customs wanted 30 euros in charges. Told them to stuff it and return to sender. Normal post is ok.
On the matter of duty charges it is the case that everything sent to Belgium and vice versa to the UK is money drain . They are the worst in handling and charging :thumbsdow just ask Futeko . It's a pity .. they were great in handling and sending your packages but at that rate:(

On the matter of duty charges it is the case that everything sent to Belgium and vice versa to the UK is money drain . They are the worst in handling and charging :thumbsdow just ask Futeko . It's a pity .. they were great in handling and sending your packages but at that rate:(
The customs and couriers make it up as they go along. I know the UPS driver locally to me very well and he tells me there is warehouses of British goods still stuck from Brexit.

Your best bet is Purchase via Amazon eu if you find it at a good price .

yes firmware v6.3.75 is the latest beta out
not a huge update but an update . 👍

There all beta but all working no issues im on it now .

Z1000 Pro. Non Google Version !!
v6.3.75
http://apidl.zidoo.tv/Z1000_PRO/v6.3.75/Z1000-Pro_P_v6.3.75_202201221817_ota-package.zip
MD5: 14559F340A05D7368688D19D8D1DF5C6

Yes, I purchase stuff from within EU these days where-ever possible.
Failing that get stuff sent to my sons in UK and can organise when over to bring back into EU.

Ok, thanks for clarification on beta, I will install 6.3.66 for time being then migrate when others have done some more testing (thanks) :)

Yes and thanks to you and Furnace Inferno for all your help, I was just about to post after testing it as it is now working as it should..I am so glad I didn't waste any more time trying even more changes before the Lindy adaptor arrived, maybe one of these should be included in the box or a note with an explanation as it must be causing others these type of problems.

I am very happy with it so far, it is great with my 3D collection and I now have DV as well :thumbsup:

and theres me thinking you didnt want to send me a cheque through the post .😜😜

is it possible to have two Tv catergories on posterwall, one for US series and one for UK series if so how can i do this

I currently have a 12tb hd connected to my Z9x which works fine but I want to get a larger hd to connect via USB, anyone know if there is a max size this will take? I’m thinking of something like 18tb or so?

I currently have a 12tb hd connected to my Z9x which works fine but I want to get a larger hd to connect via USB, anyone know if there is a max size this will take? I’m thinking of something like 18tb or so?

16tb is fine or the safer bet
you can go above that but be careful or avoid the newer 512e/AF or 4Kn types hard drives .

the latest i know of .

hi

where is the best place to store your poster artwork which the zidoo grabs?
mine at the moment puts it on each drive of movies i have i was thinking of using a usb pen drive connected to the zidoo with a pen for backup.
how much space would i need i have a large collection of iso films on about 8 12tb drives in a pc server build ive just built.

thank you

hi

where is the best place to store your poster artwork which the zidoo grabs?
mine at the moment puts it on each drive of movies i have i was thinking of using a usb pen drive connected to the zidoo with a pen for backup.
how much space would i need i have a large collection of iso films on about 8 12tb drives in a pc server build ive just built.

thank you
I dont think Zidoo movie art work etc takes up huge amount of storage space .

guys do you think its best to leave to each drive or maybe put an ssd in the pc for the artwork?

cheers

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom