ZIDOO - Z10 PRO - Z9X - Z1000 PRO - UHD 3000 - NEO A - NEO S - NEO X - Dolby Vision - Owners Thread

Which brand media player to select?
Dune is an above average stable and universal media player doing everything pretty well. The best all-around media player I found thus far and I have seen plenty of them but:

You might end up with more than one choice finally as I did myself.

Last edited:
I am still enjoying my 1000Pro and the menu settings navigation and adjustments seem to be quite intuitive.

I am however having some difficulty with the categories.

When i received it I placed a 12TB drive in which had all 1080p Bluray rips in mkv format.
I then ripped a couple of 4K Blurays and they appeared in the 4K category.

However a few days later I ripped quite a few more but very few of them have been identified as 4K.

I tried the long press on the film poster and selected change category but it only allowed me to make a new category and so I then ended with with two 4K categories.
I have no idea how the unit knows what rips are 4K and what is not not but it does not seem to be working very well.

Any tips would be welcome.

thanks

can anyone help me to set up my zidoo to PC win 10 network, completely out of my depth

I am still enjoying my 1000Pro and the menu settings navigation and adjustments seem to be quite intuitive.

I am however having some difficulty with the categories.

When i received it I placed a 12TB drive in which had all 1080p Bluray rips in mkv format.
I then ripped a couple of 4K Blurays and they appeared in the 4K category.

However a few days later I ripped quite a few more but very few of them have been identified as 4K.

I tried the long press on the film poster and selected change category but it only allowed me to make a new category and so I then ended with with two 4K categories.
I have no idea how the unit knows what rips are 4K and what is not not but it does not seem to be working very well.

Any tips would be welcome.

thanks
Adding - 4K.mkv to the files will help, so (file name) - 4K.mkv

if you search the web for zidoo home theater media labels, you will find more extensive option, get the latest ones you can find

Yeah unfortunately there doesn't appear to be a perfect all in one solution. A lot of people use two boxes. The best HDR-SDR conversion I have seen is the ATV 4K, but then you lose bitstream ability for ripped content and therefore don't get Atmos/DTS:X. I use that for streaming services and if I want to do HDR-SDR and the Zidoo for everything else.
I want to ask if the Zidoo Z10 Pro and Z1000 is currently the best player? I haven't found a better one yet that can do BDMV 1:1 movie with Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision. Maybe it's a shame it doesn't have the faster sata III and HDMI 2.1 :)

I want to ask if the Zidoo Z10 Pro and Z1000 is currently the best player? I haven't found a better one yet that can do BDMV 1:1 movie with Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision. Maybe it's a shame it doesn't have the faster sata III and HDMI 2.1 :)
Also a Dune or Zappiti will do that but none will beat Zidoo on features with that. All same chipset

SATA III and HDMI 2.1 are faster but on these chipsets it will not improve or make faster anything. A faster processor would help.

if you search the web for zidoo home theater media labels, you will find more extensive option, get the latest ones you can find

That did the trick John thanks for that. It is strange how some went into the folder even though they did not have 4K in the title but others did not. At least I now know what to do going forward.

Going HDMI 2.1​

Quick Media Switching​

Swapping between different devices, like Blu-ray players and video game consoles, on a single television set inevitably leads to a jarring black screen during the transition. While it's not the worst thing in the world, it is a cumbersome aspect of last-gen TVs and HDMI interfaces that needs to go.

That did the trick John thanks for that. It is strange how some went into the folder even though they did not have 4K in the title but others did not. At least I now know what to do going forward.
Indeed, I.m not exactly sure how it does it. Like you some of mine were identified correcty, others not. All my rips prior to the latest FW update had the 4K extension added by me, as well as the Dolby Vision and Atmos flags but I noticed some newer rips were not picked up!

Was just about to order another Z10 PRO and Futeko just put the price up :(
Gutted 😬😬
1FCEB308-DB89-411F-BB55-6137DA8D3B10.png

Just ordered today the z1000pro.
Should arrive Thursday.
No doubt I will have questions..
You have defected 😎😎
welcome of course gonna try it out and see if you like ?

when is yours arriving ?

Testing a You Tube Clip using my Zidoo Z10 Pro then a Quick H.T.v4 Old Movie Clip
Monitor is 14 years Old and screen flicker is camera etc
[ Looks better if your there of course ]

Ah yes was on there site a while back
but 1 or two year Gtee ?

Must admit never had to return one over the years …..
oops should of not said that .

Oo, I don't know. Let us know what you find out.

Always used Futeko but today price went up by £10.00
grrrrr

Yeah I see that. Contact Chromapure and see if you get a 2 year guarantee with them, because I imagine their price could go up soon too.
2Yr via us too. Will update website soon. Price will stay the same until next restock (still got a few units of each model left), but will likely increase then as exchange rate dropping, and shipping costs increasing.

Hope that helps.

2Yr via us too. Will update website soon. Price will stay the same until next restock (still got a few units of each model left), but will likely increase then as exchange rate dropping, and shipping costs increasing.

Hope that helps.

Thanks will put my order in asap
prob tomorrow now . 👍

Going HDMI 2.1​

Quick Media Switching​

Swapping between different devices, like Blu-ray players and video game consoles, on a single television set inevitably leads to a jarring black screen during the transition. While it's not the worst thing in the world, it is a cumbersome aspect of last-gen TVs and HDMI interfaces that needs to go.
Yes,
sometimes I completely lose the sound from my TV to the AVR system. I have to turn off the TV, disconnect everything and turn it back on in 3 minutes, reconnect everything. I don't know why it sometimes loses sound and sync.

buying a 4K TV and if I only require 4K (I don't need 8k) is a compromise today. Getting only 2x HDMI 2.1 is not enough. I have connected PC, PS5, Zidoo and eARC.

I don't know how I will be able to do it when I buy a new pc and I want to use HDMI 2.1 for new graphics cards. I will have to shut down the console to the older HDMI 2.0 port and force HDR. Because my main gaming is for pc, console is just a bonus.

You should not have to add labels to file names as the HT4 scanning uses mediainfo to add labels and put media files into categories

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom