ZIDOO - Z10 PRO - Z9X - Z1000 PRO - UHD 3000 - NEO A - NEO S - NEO X - Dolby Vision - Owners Thread

They didn’t feel loose but didn’t check the screws i suppose if i took them all off and the unit stayed flat then that might suggest one of feet is not right or as you say needs fitting properly, wont have the chance to check it now till next weekend, but will check then :smashin:

No idea but maybe your Glass table is bowing with weight ?
Try Zidoo on another flat surface to confirm etc

after you have looked at feet etc 👍

I understand these players play Dolby Vision from BDMV rips in direct mode without playing menu’s, my question is does this method play forced subtitles without issues.

Last edited:
Change logs: v6.3.45

System
1. Optimized the output logic of VS10 engine for some display devices.Solved the black level issue (such as Samsung, Philips)
2. Fixed the problem that some hard drives are not recognized.
3. Fixed the problem that some hard drives continue to work occasionally after shutting down.
4. Fixed the problem that Input Method will be cleared by Clean Up app.
5. USB audio settings are added into Zidoo Controller app.
6.Fixed the problem that no sound output occasionally when switching HDMI color gamut.
7. Added MQA and DTS disc for CD playback.
8. Optimized the system stability.
9.Added nl,fr,de,it,ru,hu language for QuickSettings and HT4.0.

Player
1. Added screensaver when the video is paused.
2. Fixed the problem that forced subtitles do not take effect in certain subtitle languages.
3. Optimized playback stability.

Poster Wall
1. Added local clearlogo picture function (MovieName-clearlogo.png - must be png!)
2. Optimized the collection export function.
3. Added manual refresh function on video details interface.
4. Optimized the display logic of watched movies.
5. Optimized the acquisition of video resolution tag.
6. Optimized the character information display function.
7. Fixed the occasional crash problem when scanning.
8. Added manual sorting function when entering the collection through the search interface.
9. Optimized application stability.

Music Player
1. Fixed the problem that the next song cannot be played occasionally when playing CUE songs.
2. Fixed CUE list parsing.
3. Fixed the occasional crash problem when loading lyrics.
4. Optimized the problem that song information cannot be displayed for UPNP play queue on the mobile phone.
5. Fixed the occasional crash problem when the song queue changes.
6. Optimized the function of favorite songs.
7. Fixed the problem that the number of songs in the playlist is incorrect after the device fails.
9. Optimized the playlist playback function.
10. Fixed the problem that the song information is not refreshed after rematching in the details interface.
11. Fixed the problem that the lyrics cannot be displayed normally after rematching in the details interface.
12. Added the function of skipping albums and files when playing in sequence.
13. Optimized the song search function.
14. Adjusted the music search interface and added the category search function.
15. Optimized the occasional playback freezing problem.
16. Optimized playback stability.

Now what some of us miss and need if better full bluray / UHD support with java menus always working ok...

I’ve come across a movie that is missing the Forced Subs. Is it possible to download them ?

The movie is Iron Man which I believe is a problem with Forced Subs anyway.

Last edited:
I’ve come across a movie that is missing the Forced Subs. Is it possible to download them ?

The movie is Iron Man which I believe is a problem with Forced Subs anyway.

Just rip all the English language subtitles and then see which ones are left. One track will be the forced subtitles and you can get rid of any others you don't want afterwards by remuxing with MKVtoolnix or even running the MKV back through MakeMKV.

The US Region A BD of Iron Man has 3 english subtitle tracks. The first is English, the second is English SDH. Neither of those contain forced subs.

The third contains 37 forced subs as a separate track. If you only want forced subs, uncheck all the subtitle tracks except the 3rd english track forced only checkbox.

I read that. I may have to get the disc again and give it another go.

I've only the Blu-ray and not the UHD disc. It does however have the three sets of English subs oulined on the makeMKV board. I'll rip it and let you know what results from this.

I've only the Blu-ray and not the UHD disc. It does however have the three sets of English subs oulined on the makeMKV board. I'll rip it and let you know what results from this.
Fantastic, that would be a massive help.

:smashin:

In an attempt to save myself from having to route an ethernet cable around the house, I thought I’d try the Wi-Fi connection.

And the result. I’ll have to route the blummin cable :rolleyes:

The third set of subs results in 2 HDMV PGS files if you rip both the conventional and the forced sub options. Both appear to be the same set of subs.

Neither appears to be flagged as being FORCED though. It is possible to rip them from the disc, but I'd advise you use MKVToolnix afterward to tag the forced subs as being forced.

Last edited:
THe third set of subs results in 2 files if you rip both the conventional and the forced sub options. Both appear to be the same forced subs.

Neither appears to be flagged as being FORCED though. It is possible to rip them from the disc, but I'd advise you use MKVToolnix afterward to tag the forced subs as being forced.
Thanks for checking, it’s much appreciated :smashin:

I can remember having a similar issue some time ago with Rise of the Planet of the Apes. I had to tick a Subtitle box to get the Forced Subs. It proper stumped me at the time. Looks like a similar thing here.

I’ve also ordered another disc now.

I’ve also ordered another disc now.

PM me somewhere I can send an MKV of the subs and I'll oblige.

Sorry, I've nothing to hand that I can use to extract the sub file itself so will have to use an MKV container.

It's only 124,203 bytes (131 KB)

How do i stop the subtitles being on all the time?,
ive turned forced subs off and subtitles off in the settings but all my movies show them and i have to turn them off individually !

PM me somewhere I can send an MKV of the subs and I'll oblige.

Sorry, I've nothing to hand that I can use to extract the sub file itself so will have to use an MKV container.

It's only 124,203 bytes (131 KB)
Appreciate the offer and you’ve helped get me to here but I’ve got the disc coming now. It was only £2 :D

How do i stop the subtitles being on all the time?,
ive turned forced subs off and subtitles off in the settings but all my movies show them and i have to turn them off individually !
Just turn them off in Subtitles settings. And yes, you have to turn each one off. Once it’s done though, it’s saved.

Just turn them off in Subtitles settings. And yes, you have to turn each one off. Once it’s done though, it’s saved.
Thanks, Oh ok thats a niggle isn’t it, i don’t Mind doing it every time as have only just started ripping my movies, glad i don’t have 200 - 300 ripped as thats gonna take a while lol,
anybody know if a fix might come for that, as seems a bit laborious to load each film to turn it off,

Thanks, Oh ok thats a niggle isn’t it, i don’t Mind doing it every time as have only just started ripping my movies, glad i don’t have 200 - 300 ripped as thats gonna take a while lol,
anybody know if a fix might come for that, as seems a bit laborious to load each film to turn it off,
I only did mine when I actually watched the movie.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom