ZIDOO - Z10 PRO - Z9X - Z1000 PRO - UHD 3000 - NEO A - NEO S - NEO X - Dolby Vision - Owners Thread

Thanks for the info really appreciate it

but don't welcome me yet I haven't bought it :rotfl:

but will do :smashin:

Your Welcome

Just remember take your time setting it up to your display / Amp / soundbar to get the most out of the box etc .

Your Welcome

Just remember take your time setting it up to your display / Amp / soundbar to get the most out of the box etc .

thanks again , since i posted have been reading some more, the PSU has me slightly concerned, i dont want to be paying £260 for a box to then have to upgrade the PSU thats just nuts!, all i intend to be doing is installing a 14TB hard drive internally, no external drives, do you think that will be fine ? shame the z1000 pro is £100 more else id just have got that for the piece of mind re the psu

The reason it might be slow is because I think the app regularly connects to the Internet. It certainly doesn't work without Internet. It seems to check poster storage for each image which will make it even slower. This occurs even if the posters are stored locally. It also seems to update the posters when you scroll and not cache them beforehand.

Seems to be the same on the z1000.

That's pretty much the conclusion I'd arrived at - thanks. I wonder why they don't cache them - surely that'd be an easy way to improve the user experience (he says, with no idea how easy or difficult that would be to implement)?

Even my ancient Mede8er was quicker than this. Hopefully something they can improve on going forward.
“ Poster wall lagging “

It's the way they are cached.

The first time a poster is displayed, it will cache, but it must be displayed first.

The only way a poster is de-cached is if you clear the database or if you enter "Preferences".

In both cases, I open the "All" View and scroll slowly to the bottom. In that way, all the posters (except those within a collection) are cached and remain that way.

Once you've done that, the posters appear immediately and only lag slightly if you scroll very fast.

You just have to remember that if you go into "Preferences" you should re-cache from the "All" view.

Zidoo will look into but just gotta wait

thanks again , since i posted have been reading some more, the PSU has me slightly concerned, i dont want to be paying £260 for a box to then have to upgrade the PSU thats just nuts!, all i intend to be doing is installing a 14TB hard drive internally, no external drives, do you think that will be fine ? shame the z1000 pro is £100 more else id just have got that for the piece of mind re the psu
If your just installing a drive internally no need to worry
about power supply it be fine on the Z10 Pro

Zidoo will look into but just gotta wait
Great news!

If there's a way of caching them without having to scroll through first (which defeats the point slightly) that would be great. Not sure what approach Kodi uses, but whatever it does works perfectly. Whatever approach Kodi uses also seems to allow higher res poster images, which is another thing I'd love to see on the Zidoo.

Great news!

If there's a way of caching them without having to scroll through first (which defeats the point slightly) that would be great. Not sure what approach Kodi uses, but whatever it does works perfectly. Whatever approach Kodi uses also seems to allow higher res poster images, which is another thing I'd love to see on the Zidoo.

Wether it can be done or not i dont know
But With every firmware release there is normally something new added to H.T.v 4
ive been banging on years now for Bit Rate
it came but took a long long time .

Who knows maybe next year with new box & revised or new chipset
it do a whole lot more and faster .🙃🙃

But With every firmware release there is normally something new added to H.T.v 4

The cache issue is the only thing I hate on this device. I have loaded every single poster by going through every line and let the posters load but reboot and you have to do the whole process again emby, plex and kodi manage to cache the posters.

My perspective has changed since I got my device. With Kodi I would notice these types of things and spend hours, days, weeks trying to fix them. To be honest I've never consciously noticed the lag issue until you mentioned it lol. I think the lack of tweaking options helped me to focus more on basic cataloging and watching content. Or maybe I'm just getting old :)

My perspective has changed since I got my device. With Kodi I would notice these types of things and spend hours, days, weeks trying to fix them. To be honest I've never consciously noticed the lag issue until you mentioned it lol. I think the lack of tweaking options helped me to focus more on basic cataloging and watching content. Or maybe I'm just getting old :)

Boot up Close your eyes
scroll down your movies
Job done 👍😉

Hopefully it gets looked at but there are far worse issue i could name that would spoil movie watching .

I suppose ive got used to it but agree smoother / updating etc would be great .

Boot up Close your eyes
scroll down your movies
Job done 👍😉

Hopefully it gets looked at but there are far worse issue i could name that would spoil movie watching .

It doesn't bother me so I'm ok :)

Nope it's not a deal breaker by any means, I'm keeping mine for sure . But things often don't improve without user feedback. Let's hope it's a reasonably easy tweak.

Boot up Close your eyes
scroll down your movies
Job done 👍😉

You can also try poking yourself in the eyes with the eraser on the end of a pencil :lesson:

Remember to use the eraser end and not the sharp bit of the pencil!

You can also try poking yourself in the eyes with the eraser on the end of a pencil :lesson:

Remember to use the eraser end and not the sharp bit of the pencil!
That method results in to self harm 😬😬

Hi guys,

i’m planning to buy a UHD3000 to play 4k movies (remux) and because he have two hdmi outputs.(one for the oled tv and one for the av amplifier isn’t DV)
There is no big issue with the UHD3000 for reading movies from nas synology ? The sound of the dac (xlr output) is it good to replace a pci card lynx L22 on htpc ?
Thank you

Hi guys,

i’m planning to buy a UHD3000 to play 4k movies (remux) and because he have two hdmi outputs.(one for the oled tv and one for the av amplifier isn’t DV)
There is no big issue with the UHD3000 for reading movies from nas synology ? The sound of the dac (xlr output) is it good to replace a pci card lynx L22 on htpc ?
Thank you
Pretty sure only 1 of the hdmi outputs is suitable for video, the second one is supposed to be for audio as it’s hdmi 1.4

If you’re only using the second output for audio then this will be fine.

It is designed to read movies from a NAS so you shouldn’t have any issues with this.

Whilst we seem to be on an improvement theme at the minute another thing that isn't that great is the HDR to SDR conversion. It's a bit dim and the black level is off. Wonder if they could look at that as well. The Zidoo is not alone to be fair not many devices seem to do this well. ATV(infuse) seems to be the only one I've seen that does a good job.

Last edited:
It will be hidden out of sight, so either of those models will be just as good? I am happy to spend less, but not if it is a comprise in anyway. I originally looked a Zappiti, but the new models are way to expensive for me and it isn’t that much of a pain with the discs
As @dante01 said, there is no difference in audiovisual performance between the machines. The z1000 has a better quality chassis, an internal harddrive slot, a better PSU and has a nicer UI. The z9x usually gets beta firmware before the others.

Tragically I've realised I was nerdy enough to have taken a video of the Zappiti poster wall when I had it, to compare with the Kodi poster wall. So I've now taken videos of the Zidoo and Kodi poster walls as well, to compare all three.

Here's the Z9X, which looks great but lags a bit with thumbnails when scrolling fast, as noted above:

Here's Kodi, which loads perfectly but IMO isn't quite as pretty as the Zidoo offering:

And here's a Zappiti (I forget which model, but their poster wall's the same across models). It has to load each screen, which really slows navigation but means you don't see thumbnails loading. The red background is the standard poster wall, but you can get a black one which looks much better.

I think, out of all of them, I like the Zidoo's the best, having lived with it a while now. The thumbnail loading point is a fairly minor niggle. I guess I'm highlighting it because if resolved, the Z9X would be near enough perfect for local media playback.

Last edited:
Whilst we seem to be on an improvement theme at the minute another thing that isn't that great is the HDR to SDR conversion. It's a bit dim and the black level is off. Wonder if they could look at that as well. The Zidoo is not alone to be fair not many devices seem to do this well. ATV(infuse) seems to be the only one I've seen that does a good job.

Are you are reffering to watching 4K media on a 1080p screen ?

I tend to watch in SDR on my PJ. So for the 4K films I have a good conversion from HDR to SDR would be good.

Ref : For 4K media watching on a 1080p screen is an on going issue ive complained about from day one .
wether it can be resolved via software wise or a limitation to the 1619 chipset …….?
Still waiting on that answer .

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom