ZIDOO - Z10 PRO - Z9X - Z1000 PRO - UHD 3000 - NEO A - NEO S - NEO X - Dolby Vision - Owners Thread

You can either rip the files to conventional hard drives, either one installed onboard the player or several connected directly to it. You could also use a NAS with several hardrives installed. A NAS is a network drive you can access over you home network and this is probably the option most would suggest if you've a fairly extensive collection of discs? Buy a 4, 5 or even an 8 bay NAS drive and install as many high capacity drives you can afford into it, the larger the better.

You'd also need a PC or a Mac and the software you'd use to rip the files. You will also require an optical drive flashed to access and rip UHD discs if wanting to rip UHD films.

Thank you so much for this info and I will take a look at the links!

Using mkv software to rip your collection using a pc or laptop etc
then either stream to your Zidoo or

Store your ripped collection to a hard drive then attach via usb cable or internally place the 3.5inch hard drive or 2.5inch ssd inside the Zidoo player. ( caddy req )
Thank you so much for this info. I was looking at the Zidoo Z1000 pro, is this a good model to start with? Are there any new releases coming up that you know about?

Thank you so much for this info. I was looking at the Zidoo Z1000 pro, is this a good model to start with? Are there any new releases coming up that you know about?

I own a Z1000 Pro. It is a good option, but you are paying a slight premium for its build. You could look at the Z10 Pro or even the Z9X if the intention is to have the player hidden out of sight?

I own a Z1000 Pro. It is a good option, but you are paying a slight premium for its build. You could look at the Z10 Pro or even the Z9X if the intention is to have the player hidden out of sight?
It will be hidden out of sight, so either of those models will be just as good? I am happy to spend less, but not if it is a comprise in anyway. I originally looked a Zappiti, but the new models are way to expensive for me and it isn’t that much of a pain with the discs

If any new release comes it be in the middle of the new year normally
red first page of thread there is inf that maybe of use to you .

You'd not be losing anything in terms of performance with either the Z10 or the Z9X. The main difference is the form factor and the Z1000 Pro's build is more in alignment with conventional rack mounted hifi components. It also has its antenna integrated into the body of the player as opposed to having the 2 visible antenna you'd get with the other 2 models.

The Z1000 Pro also comes with a backlit Bluetooth capable remote.

You'd not be losing anything in terms of performance with either the Z10 or the Z9X. The main difference is the form factor and the Z1000 Pro's build is more in alignment with conventional rack mounted hifi components. It also has its antenna integrated into the body of the player as opposed to having the 2 visible antenna you'd get with the other 2 models.

Thanks for the info! Also seen that the Z10 Z1000 can take a Hdd internally which might help at the start

Does anyone else who has the Z9X find that, when scrolling quickly through the poster wall, the posters don't load immediately? That is to say, you see the film reels, which are then replaced by the posters a fraction of a second later.

I'm wondering, do the higher priced Zidoos also exhibit this?

My reason for asking is I'm used to Kodi on my Shield, which loads everything instantly, so I'm after a similarly refined user experience with the Zidoo.

Also, does anyone know if there's a way to load higher resolution poster images? Kodi has an option for this, which significantly improves the poster image quality. I was wondering if Zidoo had something similar, but I'm doubting it, as I can't seem to find an option. I've also tried loading higher res posters from a folder on my NAS and that doesn't make a difference.

Basically, if the Z9X's poster wall looked as good and navigated as well as Kodi's, I'd be happy with it, as it does nearly everything I want otherwise.

Have ordered a uhd3000 to test against my ACE Zappiti.

Any suggestions on getting it setup correctly? Settings, firmware, etc?

Cheers

Does anyone else who has the Z9X find that, when scrolling quickly through the poster wall, the posters don't load immediately? That is to say, you see the film reels, which are then replaced by the posters a fraction of a second later.

I'm wondering, do the higher priced Zidoos also exhibit this?

My reason for asking is I'm used to Kodi on my Shield, which loads everything instantly, so I'm after a similarly refined user experience with the Zidoo.

Also, does anyone know if there's a way to load higher resolution poster images? Kodi has an option for this, which significantly improves the poster image quality. I was wondering if Zidoo had something similar, but I'm doubting it, as I can't seem to find an option. I've also tried loading higher res posters from a folder on my NAS and that doesn't make a difference.

Basically, if the Z9X's poster wall looked as good and navigated as well as Kodi's, I'd be happy with it, as it does nearly everything I want otherwise.

Nope I found exactly the same with the scrolling and posters. Kodi, infuse etc are much quicker.....

But not the end of the world.

Doubt it's any different with the higher models.

It bothered me first time round earlier in the year, sort of felt like wow it's got this new chip but it can't even scroll quickly and keep up, how is that possible? Not so concerned now given everything else it does well.

Last edited:
Nope I found exactly the same with the scrolling and posters. Kodi, infuse etc are much quicker.....

But not the end of the world.

It bothered me first time round earlier in the year, sort of felt like wow it's got this new chip but it can't even scroll quickly and keep up, how is that possible? Not so concerned now given everything else it does well.

Yea, my thinking too - I doubt the higher models differ. It's definitely bothering me less now tbf.

Yea, my thinking too - I doubt the higher models differ. It's definitely bothering me less now tbf.
I can get it for an enth of a second and usually with the bottom right couple of movies. Once it’s all loaded though, I can scroll back and forth and it’s all instant.

Last edited:
The reason it might be slow is because I think the app regularly connects to the Internet. It certainly doesn't work without Internet. It seems to check poster storage for each image which will make it even slower. This occurs even if the posters are stored locally. It also seems to update the posters when you scroll and not cache them beforehand.

Seems to be the same on the z1000.

The reason it might be slow is because I think the app regularly connects to the Internet. It certainly doesn't work without Internet. It seems to check poster storage for each image which will make it even slower. This occurs even if the posters are stored locally. It also seems to only updates the posters when you scroll and not cache them beforehand.
That's pretty much the conclusion I'd arrived at - thanks. I wonder why they don't cache them - surely that'd be an easy way to improve the user experience (he says, with no idea how easy or difficult that would be to implement)?

Wonder who to make suggestions to? Is there a beta/ development team?

Is it the same on other similar boxes such as Dune/Zappiti?

Wonder who to make suggestions to? Is there a beta/ development team?

Is it the same on other similar boxes such as Dune/Zappiti?
Will forward
1 the reason
2 any chance to be resolved or where to save poster for quicker access .

Even my ancient Mede8er was quicker than this. Hopefully something they can improve on going forward.

By the way in H.T.v4 in settings there are options where you can store Movie inf etc

been lurking on here for a few weeks, but have always kept my eye on the Zidoo discussions on here previously but had a meder8r 1000X3D at the time, and kept hold of it hoping they would progress to 4k but they never did,

anyway, thinking of getting a zidoo now looking at pulling the trigger on a Z10 pro ?,
reasons for this is this seems to be the lowest model that has an internal hdd and it plays HDR and dolby vision files,
without going too far off topic, is/has anyone ripped 4k hdr/dv to a file to play on their Zidoo, did you use makemkv or was it a different software ?

sorry meant to add, where is the best place to get these boxes from ?

been lurking on here for a few weeks, but have always kept my eye on the Zidoo discussions on here previously but had a meder8r 1000X3D at the time, and kept hold of it hoping they would progress to 4k but they never did,

anyway, thinking of getting a zidoo now looking at pulling the trigger on a Z10 pro ?,
reasons for this is this seems to be the lowest model that has an internal hdd and it plays HDR and dolby vision files,
without going too far off topic, is/has anyone ripped 4k hdr/dv to a file to play on their Zidoo, did you use makemkv or was it a different software ?

sorry meant to add, where is the best place to get these boxes from ?

Use Mkv yes
yes Z10 Pro is the one with internal storage

Futeko UK web site
can recommend and 2 Year Gtee also .
& Welcome to the club 😎😎

Use Mkv yes
yes Z10 Pro is the one with internal storage

Futeko UK web site
can recommend and 2 Year Gtee also .
& Welcome to the club 😎😎

Thanks for the info really appreciate it

but don't welcome me yet I haven't bought it :rotfl:

but will do :smashin:

Thanks for the info really appreciate it

but don't welcome me yet I haven't bought it :rotfl:

but will do :smashin:
Read first post on thread while your waiting and give a like there 👍

It's a Bluetooth remote? Doesn't work for me unless I'm putting it straight at the machine ( which means I have to open the door.

It's a Bluetooth remote? Doesn't work for me unless I'm putting it straight at the machine ( which means I have to open the door.
It is both IR and Bluetooth. You have to enable the Bluetooth remote finctionality via the settings.

by default 2021-10-04 at 18.00.27.png

by default 2021-10-04 at 18.00.49.png

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom