ZIDOO - Z10 PRO - Z9X - Z1000 PRO - UHD 3000 - NEO A - NEO S - NEO X - Dolby Vision - Owners Thread

It’s no biggy but on the Home page I’ve lost Home Theater 4.0 and now have two buttons for Settings. I’ve added the HT 4.0 button on the bottom row but I was already getting used to it at the top. :facepalm:

I think that the interface differs on the Z9x to that on the Z1000 Pro so can't really comment on the location of the buttons on the home screen. They are normally all along the bottom row on the Z1000 Pro.

Things don't sound right though? No idea as to why the buttons would be dissappearing and can only assume you've a glitch with the software?. Have you updated the firmware yet?

Yeah the firmware was updated on first switch on and I dont think there's any glitch. I know it was me pressing something somewhere. Like I said, its no big deal because ive added the icon along the bottom row anyway. I've just got two 'Settings' icons on the main screen now.

Yeah the firmware was updated on first switch on and I dont think there's any glitch. I know it was me pressing something somewhere. Like I said, its no big deal because ive added the icon along the bottom row anyway. I've just got two 'Settings' icons on the main screen now.
Go to Plus sign on screen click then untick settings icon etc

I did check that and Settings is unticked.

This hilighted icon used to be 'Home Theatre 4.0' but as you can see, it's now a 'Settings' icon. So I've now got two icons for the same thing. You can see where I've added HT 4.0 to the bottom row.

View attachment 1569139

There are a default set of applications.buttons posted to the home page to begin with. One of these will have been the settings icon. You've added it again so simply remove it and the default icon should remain on the topmost page? The Home THeatre icon will also have already been included as a default.

I don’t mind spending time with this stuff tbf and getting familiar.

I havn’t got round to the start up page yet ;)
Keep you eyes peeled next week on here or better still here HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR) for new firmware. This will be adding automatic media info scanning of video files in HT4.

Will do.

I’m really liking this player so far.

and you have only owned it for a few hours …….
wait until you have fully tweaked it to your liking 👍

and you have only owned it for a few hours …….
wait until you have fully tweaked it to your liking 👍
I spent a good few hours with it yesterday mostly getting used to navigating the menus and sorting the mismatches along with changing some posters. The collections feature is great, I’m liking that a lot. And the fact that you can manually put a movie into a collection if its naming doesn’t automatically do it.

Next things are looking at the movie wall backdrop. I don’t like the way it changes depending on the hilighted movie. Still a few mismatches to sort as well. Once that’s organised, I’ll go back and check all the posters.

Oh, and I finally got round to switching the weather from China :D

Changelogs:
System
1. Added volume control for CEC.
2. Fixed the problem that the color of some special effects subtitles cannot be displayed correctly when outputting Dolby Vision.
3. Fixed the problem that some video files playback will not end automatically.
4. Modified the playback issue that some Dolby Vision films are stuterring.
5. Fixed the problem that upper and bottom black bars of some films are grayish.
Player
1. Optimized forced subtitles functions.
2. Added masked screen function.
3. Optimized the display of some interfaces.
4. Added the function to display movie info by pressing Left and Right keys for the first time.
5. Fixed the problem that the status of subtitles is abnormal after pressing subtitle shortcuts to choose subtiels.
6. Optimize playback stability.
Quick setting
1. Optimized forced subtitle settings.
2. Optimize CEC settings.
Music player
1. Optimized interface freeze problem when there are too many music files.
2. Optimized album sorting function.
3. Fixed the problem that SACD album can not skip to next song occasionally.
4. Optimized the display of some interfaces.
5. Fixed the problem that lists of artists and albums don't refresh when scanning.
6. Optimized the sorting function for the current playlist.
7. Optimized the device removal function.
8. Optimized image loading speed and stability.
9. Optimized matching function.
10. Added the loading function for artist list.
11. Optimized CUE parsing.
12. Optimized UPNP data loading speed.
13. Optimized scanning stability.
Poster wall
1. Added movie info acquisition when scanning.
2. Optimized the information icons on movie details interface.
3. Added more information in movie details interface.
4. Fixed the problem that scanning cannot be completed occasionally.
5. Optimized the loading speed of posters.
6. Optimized the poster display of watching record on the homepage.
7. Added information source on movie details interface.
8. Added function to export export collection picture in NFO.
9. Added local collection picture recognition function.
10. Optimized trailer loading.
11. Optimized custom classification collection.
12. Optimized the scanning stability.
13. Added Dolby Vision category on Widget.

Last edited:
That's not a good idea.

You've caused flooding in Beijing and all their traffic lights are now stuck on red!
It was already raining, with quite a nice picture effect as it happens but i switched it off :)

I wonder how many people are dependant upon their Zidoo player for their daily weather reports?

Any of the recent firmware updates speeded up the scrolling through the films in HT?

I know it seems a minor thing but it bugged me that the cover art couldn't keep up and you would end up waiting for it to catch up as you scrolled up/down. I would get one again if that has improved.

By comparison Apple TV (infuse), Vero 4K & Kodi are all dead fast.

Any of the recent firmware updates speeded up the scrolling through the films in HT?

I know it seems a minor thing but it bugged me that the cover art couldn't keep up and you would end up waiting for it to catch up as you scrolled up/down. I would get one again if that has improved.

By comparison Apple TV (infuse), Vero 4K & Kodi are all dead fast.
it is a little sluggish but not that slow that to be really annoying .
whats everyones thoughts ?

if that is the only reason not to purchase a Zidoo well what can i say .😞😞

I can't say that I've ever noticed the time it takes the ganart backdrop to appear and I can get to the film I'm wanting to get to as fast as I'd be able to if using any other similar device. The ability to play the files is more important to me than the way the interface looks while access the files, so maybe my opinion isn't really relevant?

I know it seems a strange reason, but there you go. I saw a few firmwares saying optimised fan art or something or other so wondered if it had improved in recent months.

Can't say I've noticed an improvement, but as I've said, I can't really say I 'd noticed anything amiss either.

I could list bigger Huge issues than poster art scrolling
That would stop me purchasing a media box .

No 1 would be unable to play certain movies
No 2 ……………

Exactly such as those with Multi channel PCM sound tracks, unless that's been fixed?

I was considering giving it another go which is why I asked. I don't currently own any DV material so no desperate need to get one.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom