ZIDOO - Z10 PRO - Z9X - Z1000 PRO - UHD 3000 - NEO X - NEO S - Dolby Vision - Owners Thread

sea surfer

Distinguished Member

rigman

welcome to the Zidoo and Z1000 Pro club :)

re transferring stuff, i have a spare caddy sat by my pc with a lid that just slides off, so stick the drive in there and transfer the files form my pc then, slip it out and into the Zidoo, however i previously ran a ethernet cable from my router (by my pc upstairs) to a little switch in my living room for my home cinema, and honestly that's the quickest way to transfer files over smb, a 50GB file takes about 6 minutes on average, so if you can connect the zidoo thru ethernet cable thats the best way to transfer files,
Hi Darren

I am just trying out various things. One was to do as you suggest in trying to transfer a file from the PC drive to the Zidoo (though I am using Homeplugs rather than a direct Ethernet cable).

I cannot however seem to find the Zidoo on my network. The Zidoo can see the PC okay but my PC does not see the Zidoo.
Is there a setting that needs to be changed in the Zidoo? My PC can see my Oled, audio processor and various other devices though.

thanks

Last edited:

darren68uk

Hi Darren

I am just trying out various things. One was to do as you suggest in trying to transfer a file from the PC drive to the Zidoo (though I am using Homepluhgs rather than a direct Ethernet cable).

I cannot however seem to find the Zidoo on my network. The Zidoo can see the PC okay but my PC does not see the Zidoo.
Is there a setting that needs to be changed in the Zidoo? My PC can see my Oled, audio processor and various other devices though.

thanks
Are you running windows 10 ? And are you using smb on the Zidoo ? If so smb v1 is disabled on W10 so you need to enable it , thats what i did, apparently it was disabled due to security floors,

this link should help you but obviously you do this at your own risk, i certainly haven’t had any probs,

However i see NFS mentioned in the latest firmware update, i wasn’t aware it was available on the zidoo, anyone care to elaborate ? Thanks :)

Nice Monkey

Wow, thank you. That's with a Zidoo 3000 I assume, but I guess it's the same for other Zidoos.
If it works with one model it works with all and even all brands Android based media players.

Was not even aware 20 Tbyte existed. My biggest is a mere 16 TByte.

Zidoo supports SMB v1/2/3 both in Client and Server modes. Forget about using SMBv1.

Last edited:

rigman

Yes Windows 10. And Yes using SMB.

I turned on UPnP in the Zidoo and my PC can now see it though not the internal drive. Small progress.

I did try and stream a Bluray from my PC to the Zidoo but it just stuttered severely. The PC was in a different room from the main system so obviously the Homeplugs were just not cutting it speed wise.
I then moved the PC into the same room (though opposite end via the same Homeplugs) as the Zidoo and can play both Bluray and 4K seems okay though needs a bit more evaluation as it seemed to be breaking up a bit.

I dont have room on my rack anymore for a PC so might run a long Ethernet cable and connect direct to the rack switch.

I will also have a look at what you suggest later. Thanks for that.

Barneyrubble uk

Daft question. But I heard you can set the movie poster wall as the first screen you see….I can’t find where to set this ( soooo many settings) any advice would be greatly appreciated.

markymiles

Distinguished Member
Go into apps from the Homescreen. Scroll to Hometheater click menu then launch on start up

lgans316

Distinguished Member

sea surfer

Distinguished Member

Furnace Inferno

Also the 24TB and 28TB are cheaper (12 and 14TB drives), for whatever reason the “older” 20TB is always more expensive now, I remember I got two of those for ~ £400.

TonyM82

Hi everyone. I posted sometime ago about having some 4K movie files but HT4 stating that they’re 1080p in details of the movie.

Like someone said, I followed the instructions on how to label the movies so HT4 would show the resolution correctly.

It has certainly worked for some, but not others.

There were some mkv files that I found have two video streams. One in 2160p and a second in 1080p. I managed to use some software to basically make a file without the 1080p stream in it. That has worked.

But there are a couple of other files that only have the one stream. But the resolution is 3840 x 1600. Nothing I do seems to change the details listed to 4k.
I know that 1600 isn’t true 4k, but I have some other files that are 1600 that are listed as 4k.

I know the player shows it properly in 4K, and it just my OCD taking over lol.

Anyone have any ideas?

JackFrost6

Novice Member
Help, how to correctly set the sound in Zidoo Z10 Pro?
HDMI set - raw. RAW not problem before.
I don't know what the problem is, everything was working before (with raw, 2.0 or mono is ok).
SPDIF?

for DTS-HD 5.1. I have now problem.
update Z10 Pro firmware last 6.3.40.
Play movie, ok, no problem. Off player.
Turn player after few days and have problem.
Try play random movie, play Atmos ok.
DTS X problem.
you only hear a slight hum :(
I had the same settings.

DELUCAS

Distinguished Member
Help, how to correctly set the sound in Zidoo Z10 Pro?
HDMI set - raw. RAW not problem before.
I don't know what the problem is, everything was working before (with raw, 2.0 or mono is ok).
SPDIF?

for DTS-HD 5.1. I have now problem.
update Z10 Pro firmware last 6.3.40.
Play movie, ok, no problem. Off player.
Turn player after few days and have problem.
Try play random movie, play Atmos ok.
DTS X problem.
you only hear a slight hum :(
I had the same settings.
Raw or Auto via hdmi to Receiver or if your having any issues .
try rebooting player .
Not heard of issues since update

JackFrost6

Novice Member
Delucas:
I have done the reboot and reset to factory settings. Please send me the correct sound settings for the individual items in the audio tab. or if you have a link to it?

I have connected my Zidoo to a Sony KD-55XH9096 HDMI 2.1 TV. eARC to receiver.
I play last move Thing 1982 with DTS X and perfect ok. around last weekend.
My setting is:
HDMI audio RAW,
SPDIF Audio? must have? off or on with LPCM 2 channel?
Down mix audio : off
Sampling rate controll off
pass through APM compatible mode off

DELUCAS

Distinguished Member
Delucas:
I have done the reboot and reset to factory settings. Please send me the correct sound settings for the individual items in the audio tab. or if you have a link to it?

I have connected my Zidoo to a Sony KD-55XH9096 HDMI 2.1 TV. eARC to receiver.
I play last move Thing 1982 with DTS X and perfect ok. around last weekend.
My setting is:
HDMI audio RAW,
SPDIF Audio? must have? off or on with LPCM 2 channel?
Down mix audio : off
Sampling rate controll off
pass through APM compatible mode off
Change hdmi Audio to Auto first

and are you not sending Zidoo to Receiver first then receiver hdmi out to tv ?

JackFrost6

Novice Member
Tried but it doesn't work.
No I send the sound to the TV...
from the TV the eARC sound goes to the receiver.

I have also tried swapping the hdmi 2.0 port on the TV for a hdmi 2.1 port and back. I found that my playstation 5 console now has the same problem! Yes, the sound from the PS5 plays DTS-HD 2.0 fine , but the DTS-HD 5.1 is noisy, it rattles. I'll try checking the receiver now. Is it possible that the 2019 receiver has a broken DTS-HD 5.1 and DTS X audio decoder? Careful, but the Atmos or 2.0 sound plays. It's strange though that if I switch the TV to the TV speaker the sound is heard normally. The problem is also from the PC which is connected the same way.
Recap: all devices are connected with a new strong hdmi 2.1 cable to the TV. TV send sound from HDMI 3 eARC to receiver.

my TV is bought from 2021 KD-55XH9096
receiver is bought 2019 Onkyo HT-S7805 system

DELUCAS

Distinguished Member
Tried but it doesn't work.
No I send the sound to the TV...
from the TV the eARC sound goes to the receiver.

I have also tried swapping the hdmi 2.0 port on the TV for a hdmi 2.1 port and back. I found that my playstation 5 console now has the same problem! Yes, the sound from the PS5 plays DTS-HD 2.0 fine , but the DTS-HD 5.1 is noisy, it rattles. I'll try checking the receiver now. Is it possible that the 2019 receiver has a broken DTS-HD 5.1 and DTS X audio decoder? Careful, but the Atmos or 2.0 sound plays. It's strange though that if I switch the TV to the TV speaker the sound is heard normally. The problem is also from the PC which is connected the same way.
Recap: all devices are connected with a new strong hdmi 2.1 cable to the TV. TV send sound from HDMI 3 eARC to receiver.

my TV is bought from 2021 KD-55XH9096
receiver is bought 2019 Onkyo HT-S7805 system
Is not the proper way to connect all devices to receiver first and hear via 5.1 / 7.1 speakers or you have no speakers connected to receiver and using your tv speakers ?

a5ian300zx

I should get my zidoo z9x tomorrow so will give it a test when I get chance. I will update to the latest version and do a factory reset and then setup.

JackFrost6

Novice Member
Delucas:
Yes, it is. I just tried it and it works. Only the Zidoo (HDMI to receiver) works with the receiver. I don't have a receiver that can transmit Dolby Vision. I have to have the Zidoo connected to the TV. From the TV the audio goes via eARC to the receiver. I only see this problem after updating the firmware to version 6.3. I had 6.1.05. I did the update before playing the movie The Thing. Checked with DTS X sound, everything seemed to be fine. It only happened later and on its own.

Yes, you can tell that sometimes the TV has a problem when the sound drops out. Today I performed a shutdown and disconnected all devices. I plugged them back in, but the Zidoo still has the problem. I can't play the movie The Thing with DTS X again, the Zidoo sound won't play. Can I go back to the old firmware?

I'm trying to reinstall fw 6.1 from a flash drive but Zidoo says it can't because I have a newer one.

JackFrost6

Novice Member
Problem solved, I had to update to another firmware (6.50 beta) and reset to factory settings. But I don't know if sometime in the future there is a problem again, what firmware to put in or how to go to a lower version.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES '22 TV Announcement Round-up, Plus, Most Anticipated Movies of 2022 and More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

AVForums Podcast: 26th January 2022
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Huawei begins P50 Pocket and P50 Pro smartphone global rollout
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Audioengine launches compact S6 powered subwoofer
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Sky and NOW UK for February 2022