ZIDOO - Z10 PRO - Z9X - Z1000 PRO - UHD 3000 - NEO X - NEO S - Dolby Vision - Owners Thread

DELUCAS

Distinguished Member
This
Quick Setting
1. Added Digital signage mode setting.

looks interesting id like a tinker with that option see what its like once released .

Nice Monkey

It is an auto-resume/auto-start of a playlist at power on. Nice for shop owners for a demo.

DELUCAS

Distinguished Member
It is an auto-resume/auto-start of a playlist at power on. Nice for shop owners for a demo.

Yes​

The Function probably taking from the M6 Mini PC Core Board Box​

Of usage of shopping mall guides, leisure and entertainment,
smart dining, airport information, intelligent robots, security systems, industrial control,

outdoor advertising and multi-screen applications etc.

i may use :)

DELUCAS

Distinguished Member
These Guys really know there S##T !

i mean they have not got a clue 🙃🙃

DELUCAS

Distinguished Member
They don't know what a media player is meant for.
Yes
all they go on about is better faster cpu , huge memory and not req 4k ……
your mind boggles what they recommending instead you dont need a Cray computer to run just Movies .
Perhaps they should have purchased one and one thats no longer sold anymore .

But worh a view and a laugh for a sunday . 😂😂

DELUCAS

Distinguished Member
Yep,who is this dude anyway?.

i watched it ages back ……and come across it again
the more you watch the more you think
what planet are they from and its only to watch a measily mkv file etc

DELUCAS

Distinguished Member
Might work for dune...jeez.This guy?
Maybe i should leave a comment and remind them that you dont req a - Cray Super Computer - to run mkv movie files . 😂😂

rigman

Has anyone used a shucked WD elements large drive size in a 1000pro.

I have ordered my pro which should come tomorrow and was looking for a large drive for it at a reasonable price. I was looking at the elements but I am concerned that they might be the 4k type drives which don't work.

lgans316

Distinguished Member

rigman

Yeah I noticed they are all down in price on Amazon hence my mention of Elements but will they work is the question?
The 18tb is the best value if you look at TB per pound but Zidoo states max of 14TB for an internal drive.

Nice Monkey

These will work straight via USB and after extraction plus reformatting SATA attached in a W10 PC with any media player. Done numerous times.

Nice Black Friday offers for sure.

rigman

I received my Z1000 Pro yesterday which is my first real media player.

I had used a HTPC for a while but due to the clunky nature it had seen little use over the past few years.

My first impressions are that I am extremely impressed with it. I did have some issues with a dark picture on SDR content but a few tweaks around the menus sorted that.

I have never had much knowledge of networking so had some issues connecting with my HTPC which i wanted to use as a server. A reboot of the homeplug worked. I am now getting a prompt for a username and password to access any of the drives even though they are ticked to share etc etc. One problem to resolve later.

As an interim I shucked my backup 12tb Elements drive and slotted that in and it works a treat. It found most of the movies details for the poster art. I watched a movie on it last night and it was flawless. I wish I had bought one of these long before now.

Thanks very much to Delucas for his advice in which player to get. :smashin:

I am now thinking of ditching the PC server and just getting a Nas instead. I need to do a bit more learning on networking though as the video reviews of a couple of Synologies I have looked at it seems like a foreign language when they start talking about features.

The PC can then just be used for ripping duties.

I will need to find out the best way to transfer files to the internal drive. Hopefully there will be some good deals over the BF weekend on Nas units and I will get some drives for it as well.

Cheers

DELUCAS

Distinguished Member

I had used a HTPC for a while but due to the clunky nature it had seen little use over the past few years.

My first impressions are that I am extremely impressed with it. I did have some issues with a dark picture on SDR content but a few tweaks around the menus sorted that.

I have never had much knowledge of networking so had some issues connecting with my HTPC which i wanted to use as a server. A reboot of the homeplug worked. I am now getting a prompt for a username and password to access any of the drives even though they are ticked to share etc etc. One problem to resolve later.

As an interim I shucked my backup 12tb Elements drive and slotted that in and it works a treat. It found most of the movies details for the poster art. I watched a movie on it last night and it was flawless. I wish I had bought one of these long before now.

I am now thinking of ditching the PC server and just getting a Nas instead. I need to do a bit more learning on networking though as the video reviews of a couple of Synologies I have looked at it seems like a foreign language when they start talking about features.

I will need to find out the best way to transfer files to the internal drive. Hopefully there will be some good deals over the BF weekend on Nas units and I will get some drives for it as well.

Cheers

Your very much welcome
and welcome to the Club also ……

Format new internal drive ntfs first …..

May not suit your req i just transfer all my Movies to internal drive via usb 3.0 cable from pc to usb port using Zidoo Media player

you can highight all movies ( right click cut copy pate ) and transfer using Zidoo media ( Explorer ) player .

DELUCAS

Distinguished Member

darren68uk

Cheers

welcome to the Zidoo and Z1000 Pro club :)

re transferring stuff, i have a spare caddy sat by my pc with a lid that just slides off, so stick the drive in there and transfer the files form my pc then, slip it out and into the Zidoo, however i previously ran a ethernet cable from my router (by my pc upstairs) to a little switch in my living room for my home cinema, and honestly that's the quickest way to transfer files over smb, a 50GB file takes about 6 minutes on average, so if you can connect the zidoo thru ethernet cable thats the best way to transfer files,

markymiles

Distinguished Member
Long term, hard to beat a NAS for convenience. Highly recommend that route.

DELUCAS

Distinguished Member
New v6.3.60

Change logs:
SINCE V6.3.55
1. Fixed the problem that some users meet unknown error when opening NFS.
2. Added Youtube trailer function on the Poster Wall.
3. Optimized the problem that forced subtitles will not be set automatically for some languages.
4. Fixed the issue that the cover is not displayed in the music details interface of Zidoo Controller cell phone app.
5. Fixed the abnormal song information display problem in the music details interface of Zidoo Controller cell phone app.
6. Optimized the automatic frame rate function of Blu-ray menu.
7. Modified the problem that no data in custom classification of Zidoo Controlller HD iPad app.
8. Added a reminder in the music player that unsupported audio format cannot be played.
9. Optimized the default poster loading image on Poster Wall.
10.Fixed the crash problem for searched songs in Music Player.
11. Albums without songs are filtered when searching in Music Player.

SINCE V6.3.50
System
1. Added digital signage mode function.
2. Online picture display is optimized in Image Player.
3. Fixed the problem that some cloud NAS cannot obtain the sharing name normally.
4. Optimized unknown error popup message in some NAS devices.
5. Optimized forced subtitles.
6. Optimized system stability.

Poster Wall
1. Added TV show name in the details interface.
2. Optimized actors data acquisition.
3. Optimized the speed of local image acquisition.
4. Optimized the problem that the mobile phone cannot get the poster data occasionally.
5. Optimized the display of some interfaces.
6. Optimized the problem that corner icon doesn't display in Display Setting> Poster View.
7. Fixed the problem that the Blu-ray logo is not recognized when refreshing.
8. Optimized the function to play video by shortcut key.
9. Optimized incorrect focus in the details interface occasionally.
10. Optimized movie information refreshing function in the detail interface.
11. Fixed the problem that the local trailer on/off switch is not displayed.
12. Optimized MPEG and H264 icon display.
13. Optimized the application stability.

Music Player
1. Fixed the problem that adding songs into favorites is invalid in the playback queue.
2. Optimized the the mobile APP interface of favorites in Zidoo Controller.
3. Optimized the focus logic of the play queue.
4. Optimized the playlist adding function.
5. Fixed the problem that removed songs are displayed again occasionally when a large number of songs are removed in batch.
6. Fixed the problem that playback queue in mobile phone app does not display song information when playing UPNP songs.
7. Fixed the problem that next song cannot be normally played after rematching SACD.
8. Optimized the playback record function.
9. Fixed scanning abnormalities problem after UPNP rescans for several times.

File Manager
1. Optimized SMB mount.
2. Optimized the interface display.
3. Fixed scanning abnormalities problem after UPNP rescans for several times.

Quick Setting
1. Added digital signage mode setting.

DELUCAS

Distinguished Member
Z9X
v6.3.60
http://apidl.zidoo.tv/Z9X/v6.3.60/Z9X_P_v6.3.60_202111241824_ota-package.zip
MD5: A2537DA77837C84950E3C5A1AAC1921F

v6.3.60_G (Goolg play)
http://apidl.zidoo.tv/Z9X/v6.3.60/Z9X_P_v6.3.60_G_202111241929_ota-package.zip
MD5: 585D053CEFE40FFAAB4921488B51FD09

Z10 Pro
v6.3.60
http://apidl.zidoo.tv/Z10_PRO/v6.3.60/Z10-Pro_P_v6.3.60_202111250921_ota-package.zip
MD5: 64FAB8BB2D72E40E6FC41F3961232FA2

v6.3.60_G (Goolg play)
http://apidl.zidoo.tv/Z10_PRO/v6.3.60/Z10-Pro_P_v6.3.60_G_202111250922_ota-package.zip
MD5: 300696BE7AA9C7796B0C9782FED6F307

Z1000 Pro
v6.3.60
http://apidl.zidoo.tv/Z1000_PRO/v6.3.60/Z1000-Pro_P_v6.3.60_202111250850_ota-package.zip
MD5: 8F210A72C026772874BFB727B81D1CEE

v6.3.60_G (Goolg play)
http://apidl.zidoo.tv/Z1000_PRO/v6.3.60/Z1000-Pro_P_v6.3.60_G_202111250851_ota-package.zip
MD5: E934BA56A1CCD2DABB7B63C0ED5CA433

UHD3000
v6.3.60
http://apidl.zidoo.tv/uhd3000/v6.3.60/UHD3000_P_v6.3.60_202111251028_ota-package.zip
MD5: 52AFEC5BDDCE83222EA81D2B843F814D

v6.3.60_G (Goolg play)
http://apidl.zidoo.tv/uhd3000/v6.3.60/UHD3000_P_v6.3.60_G_202111251031_ota-package.zip
MD5: 9D0172292EFC256C80E9370F05FBD68C

New Firmware Released for all models : v6.3.60

rigman

Thanks for your advice guys. Watched another newly ripped movie on it last night and again was very impressed.

I ripped a couple more films yesterday, one a 4K (85.1gb o_O) and the other a normal Bluray straight on to my portable drive via USB 3 both ripping at the same time to see if there were any issues. None seen.
I then connected drive up to the Zidoo and copied them across. It was pretty easy to do though a bit inconvenient.

I did some more playing and managed to now get it speaking to my Rip PC directly so making progress. Looks like it was a permissions issue.
I have been looking at nas drives but for the price of a Synology 920+ I could get a couple of big element hard drives and shuck them. Place them into the Rip PC and save a lot of cash.

My other worry is that I have a Homeplug connected house . The plugs are TP Link 500Mbs but what the actual speed is I have no idea. I have read that there can be problems if you rip disks using MakeMKV and route them to a network drive. If there is a slowdown on the network then the drive can rip the data faster than it can write it which causes errors? Anyone had any incidents of this happening to them?

it may be better just to forget the Nas and use the Rip PC

Decisions decisions :confused:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES '22 TV Announcement Round-up, Plus, Most Anticipated Movies of 2022 and More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

AVForums Podcast: 26th January 2022
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Huawei begins P50 Pocket and P50 Pro smartphone global rollout
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Audioengine launches compact S6 powered subwoofer
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Sky and NOW UK for February 2022